Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got permission from Valve before we ever added it to the core PC game. We should be good. :)

The launch always has been "when it is ready" - we are not going to approve them to launch this if it is knowingly not up to our standards. It simply wasn't ready during Q2. I know, I played it in the middle of Q2 as you can see on the OP of this very thread. Launching a game or update when you know it has issues is just... a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sure, more bugs will be found after launch - EVERY piece of software ever sees this effect - but getting things as clean as you can from what you can see as a development & QA team prior to that is just wise practice, even if it does take longer than "just toss it out there".

Played it again last week - TONS of progress - but still not close enough to ready to give you an exact date. If there was one to give - one that everyone was dead-on confident in hitting - rest assured it would be trumpeted from the mountaintops. Given it is nearing the end of Q3, I expect some kind of update will need to be given by the PW team soon - one way or the other.

yaay! we get the gun! now time to setup my moon lord arena!

and im happy 4 u guys getting the work close to done!
and i hope u have a fun time playtesting, if i could, i would come playtest with u!

for now I'm mainly playing the 3DS version and the PC version with a controller. Since it's the same experience or close to it it's good preparation.

The point is that nobody has any room to breath in this thread without you or another lapdog jumping in to preach about development constraints.

Oh please proto and darth, please teach me how long it takes to code. Why I'm just plum tuckered at the mere thought of it :^)

1. Coding takes time
2. No potential release is ever without bugs
3. The cc has nothing to do with dev time
4. Release dates aren't set in stone
Any more common sense you need to shoehorn in here that nobody was confused about?

Something I think alot of people are forgetting is the fact that the devs are litterally rebuilding the entire game. They arent just making 1.3 for console, they are remaking every other bit of the game as well.

Why? I think they said it was to make it more like the pc build, to allow updates to be ported over quicker and more efficiently.

They say soon every time and we're still waiting. Can pipeworks studios define "soon"

Hehe, the classic soon. From my own experience with all devs this is just the way to stop all those people who keep annoying them for information at bay :p

Something I think alot of people are forgetting is the fact that the devs are litterally rebuilding the entire game. They arent just making 1.3 for console, they are remaking every other bit of the game as well.

Why? I think they said it was to make it more like the pc build, to allow updates to be ported over quicker and more efficiently.

Hehe, the classic soon. From my own experience with all devs this is just the way to stop all those people who keep annoying them for information at bay :p

At this point, i don't think any one can forget that it is being rebuilt from the ground up. Every single comment asking for updated information, or expressing frustration about the about how this is being handle, inevitably leads to several people pointing that out. Yes, it's a new (ish) team working on it. Yes, we understand it has been recoded from the ground up. What is not understood is why, despite repeatedly stating over and over again that it will be released in the 3rd quarter, there is still no new information on a release date. Release was supposed to be q2, then early q3, now q3 is coming to a close in about 3 weeks, and still the community is left in a state of limbo. Soon is not an acceptable answer at this point. Any answer other than a solid yes or no, regarding a release this quarter, with so little time left, leaves people angry.

Do you ever get the feeling that if you check the forums something that isnt about computer will pop up but when you check you get really frustrated and its only computer. I think they will probably release it on the last day or push it to the mid or last part of 4th quarter.

At this point, i don't think any one can forget that it is being rebuilt from the ground up. Every single comment asking for updated information, or expressing frustration about the about how this is being handle, inevitably leads to several people pointing that out. Yes, it's a new (ish) team working on it. Yes, we understand it has been recoded from the ground up. What is not understood is why, despite repeatedly stating over and over again that it will be released in the 3rd quarter, there is still no new information on a release date. Release was supposed to be q2, then early q3, now q3 is coming to a close in about 3 weeks, and still the community is left in a state of limbo. Soon is not an acceptable answer at this point. Any answer other than a solid yes or no, regarding a release this quarter, with so little time left, leaves people angry.
I wish they had a release date too. If they had given a solid answer most of the discussion would be about how betrayed the player base feels because they already missed a release date. You guys keep talking like you just want information, but once you get it I doubt you'll be satisfied.

Pipeworks sounded rather confident in the recent steam that the day is right around the corner, but I don't get the same confidence from the mods here. Maybe that's the reason no one wants to set a date yet. Either way we aren't a part of the development process, nor do we have a right to be. Waiting is all we've got.

Inb4 the usual suspects run in to remind everyone that development takes time. Y'know, just in case you weren't aware.

Spring
Prove me wrong
Well I guess you are learning something from your time here. Gives me hope for humanity really.

We got permission from Valve before we ever added it to the core PC game. We should be good. :)

The launch always has been "when it is ready" - we are not going to approve them to launch this if it is knowingly not up to our standards. It simply wasn't ready during Q2. I know, I played it in the middle of Q2 as you can see on the OP of this very thread. Launching a game or update when you know it has issues is just... a self-fulfilling prophecy. Sure, more bugs will be found after launch - EVERY piece of software ever sees this effect - but getting things as clean as you can from what you can see as a development & QA team prior to that is just wise practice, even if it does take longer than "just toss it out there".

Played it again last week - TONS of progress - but still not close enough to ready to give you an exact date. If there was one to give - one that everyone was dead-on confident in hitting - rest assured it would be trumpeted from the mountaintops. Given it is nearing the end of Q3, I expect some kind of update will need to be given by the PW team soon - one way or the other.
Is there a chance of any cut items returning to terraria such as maybe the zapper for the switch version ?

So negative lately. We all can't wait. We're all waiting for news. Some of these comments make me cringe. C'mon guys. No need to attack people by name. :(

We're all waiting but there's so much time that you can wait before you start to get tired of waiting and just really want to update to be released now. People say that "you've waited this long you can wait longer" but what that says to me is that we've waited so long even to be dissapointed again. It's more disheartening the longer you wait and then get delayed. Ik they are working hard but it's tiring hearing the same :red: every time. You're soon but you say that everytime you post a new video on YouTube "we still don't have a date yet but it will be soon" the summer holidays and and the update is still coming our "soon" ik they are trying their hardest to get this out so it does feel unfair to keep getting annoyed and saying negative things and I know that they actually are starting to get closer to the point where you would say "soon" but they seem to have forgotten the definition of soon a few weeks ago and the update still feels like it's never gonna come out. Ik it will come our eventually but this is how I genuinely feel.
EDIT: keeping people at bay by saying soon isn't the best idea as eventually you wait so long that it actually wasn't and then people like me pick up on it and get even more annoyed at pipeworks for lying to us. I guess this is technically lying and I prefer the truth.

We're all waiting but there's so much time that you can wait before you start to get tired of waiting and just really want to update to be released now. People say that "you've waited this long you can wait longer" but what that says to me is that we've waited so long even to be dissapointed again. It's more disheartening the longer you wait and then get delayed. Ik they are working hard but it's tiring hearing the same :red: every time. You're soon but you say that everytime you post a new video on YouTube "we still don't have a date yet but it will be soon" the summer holidays and and the update is still coming our "soon" ik they are trying their hardest to get this out so it does feel unfair to keep getting annoyed and saying negative things and I know that they actually are starting to get closer to the point where you would say "soon" but they seem to have forgotten the definition of soon a few weeks ago and the update still feels like it's never gonna come out. Ik it will come our eventually but this is how I genuinely feel

I feel ya man. At this point "soon" has pretty much lost any meaning. Today is the end of the first week of sept, and still no update. When you spend months saying soon, you gotta wondering what your definition of soon is.

I feel ya man. At this point "soon" has pretty much lost any meaning. Today is the end of the first week of sept, and still no update. When you spend months saying soon, you gotta wondering what your definition of soon is.
Yes this is exactly my point, the meaning of soon has gone. I would expect something by at least the 21st of September otherwise I'm gonna slowly lose hope and expect more delays. Ik it probably isn't fair as idk what it's actually like doing the update but I feel like pipeworks needs to have more integrity when talking to us.

I wish they had a release date too. If they had given a solid answer most of the discussion would be about how betrayed the player base feels because they already missed a release date. You guys keep talking like you just want information, but once you get it I doubt you'll be satisfied.

Pipeworks sounded rather confident in the recent steam that the day is right around the corner, but I don't get the same confidence from the mods here. Maybe that's the reason no one wants to set a date yet. Either way we aren't a part of the development process, nor do we have a right to be. Waiting is all we've got.

Well I guess you are learning something from your time here. Gives me hope for humanity really.

If the answer is that it's going to be delayed again, then your right, people will not be satisfied. However, since anyone who owned the game on last gen consoles had to buy a new copy on current gen, just for this update, then they have an obligation to those customers to keep them updated. They announced a q2 update, and specifically stated that the update would only be available on current gen. How many copies do you think were sold because of this update? How many people do you think are still waiting on a return on their investment. I know i bought my copy around may. If i wanted to keep playing the old content, i could have just continued playing on 360, but the promise of new content, conviced me to purchase a new copy, and i've yet to see that content anywhere but youtube. Starting to feel cheated, and the lack of information is not helping. Anytime someone expresses this frustration, people seem to jump on them from all directions. No one is holding them accountable for the promises they've made.

I can get behind the sentiments in your posts @demvic1. A lot of game companies use "Soon" a bit to much. In modern game speak I take "Soon" to mean "We have no clue how long this is gonna take, but were hopeful it's close to done." It's not as simple as they don't understand what the word means though. Would you rather have months of the truth, "We have no clue?"

3 months ago I'm pretty sure Pipeworks were certain they were only a week or two from pushing the update out. Then maybe the bug they thought was easy to fix took a month to sort out, and the fix introduced 2 other major bugs.

Programming is like trying to put a cat in clothes and a leash then take it for a walk. Half the time when something finally works you have no idea what you did to fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom