Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owch.how can i span him?is he on 3ds and Xbox?
Console/Mobile only

They also drop Shadow Keys on occasion... I'm not complaining... It's just kinda odd.

What type of Wyvern are you talking about? Arch Wyvern?

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that this isn't a chat room. If you'd like to talk about the Arch Wyverns, please take it to your profiles or a PM.

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that this isn't a chat room. If you'd like to talk about the Arch Wyverns, please take it to your profiles or a PM.
Understood. (Didn't actually mean for it to go that far. That just kinda... happened.)

What I'm wondering is because of how is has now been coded (to be like pc), is there any chance we will see keyboard and mouse support appear in this update or in future updates?

What I'm wondering is because of how is has now been coded (to be like pc), is there any chance we will see keyboard and mouse support appear in this update or in future updates?
While I don't see why not, I also don't see it as being very likely. I could be wrong. After all, I am only a man (though you might not know it by my avatar), as opposed to being a developer in Pipeworks.

While I don't see why not, I also don't see it as being very likely. I could be wrong. After all, I am only a man (though you might not know it by my avatar), as opposed to being a developer in Pipeworks.
I was just wondering as a couple of games on ps4 allow keyboard and mouse, and they are pc ports, but my knowledge of code is limited to none gui related things at the moment so i don't know how hard it would be.

So, hate to be that guy, but is there going to be any of this content added to 3ds any time soon/ at all?

Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
WY
Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRULE
[doublepost=1495863169,1495863067][/doublepost]WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRULE

Well, I did get pc because I couldn't wait but I'll just have to keep playing until it comes out on console. I am totally making a floating island once the update comes out. The Delay is real! :eek::sigh:;(

So, hate to be that guy, but is there going to be any of this content added to 3ds any time soon/ at all?
I would not expect there to be any significant content updates to the 3DS version in the future. That platform is likely about maxed out on its ability to run Terraria reliably. (That shouldn't be taken as an official statement, as none has been given, just don't get your hopes up too high.)

If possible this version of the game should have a open or closed beta to help devs catch bugs
Unless you (or anyone else) are already in possession of a manufacturer-issued devkit from Sony/Microsoft, there is no means to do this, even if they wanted to. Those are not easy to obtain, either.

Unless you (or anyone else) are already in possession of a manufacturer-issued devkit from Sony/Microsoft, there is no means to do this, even if they wanted to. Those are not easy to obtain, either.

He said "help" he means have the community report bugs to you guys, with the dev kits already in your possession. Pretty much as we already do, but the difference would be that those reported would be from an open beta release.

Other games do this with pretty good results...but it leaves them few excuses for delays lol.

WY

WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRULE
[doublepost=1495863169,1495863067][/doublepost]WHY IS THE WORLD SO CRULE
Because that's the way it is, pal. But you know what they say... Good things come to those who wait! :D
But if you're feeling down... Feel free to peruse the spoiler in my signature titled "Inspirational Quotes!" I'm sure there's something there that'll cheer you up and/or inspire you! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom