Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
[doublepost=1496872440,1496872265][/doublepost]When is it coming out anyway middle of q3 right? That means us mobile people have to wait for our update till late q3 early q4.Was hoping on playing it with my friend during the summer

Yes
[doublepost=1496872440,1496872265][/doublepost]When is it coming out anyway middle of q3 right? That means us mobile people have to wait for our update till late q3 early q4.Was hoping on playing it with my friend during the summer
Luckily I'm in Australia, so it's summer late in the year

Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
How fun was it

Please no I am not waiting that long for this update just fix the bugs. To be honest at this point I would rather have a buggy game and let them make a update to fix that later. My patience has grown thin this update was announced at least a 1 year ago

Please no I am not waiting that long for this update just fix the bugs. To be honest at this point I would rather have a buggy game and let them make a update to fix that later. My patience has grown thin this update was announced at least a 1 year ago
Please calm down then, I was definitely joking. We are probably looking at sometime in July for 1.3's release on consoles.

Also is that a good moonlord arena I am still working on it. The one without the skeletons is for alien invasion
[doublepost=1496889997,1496889963][/doublepost]Don't do that u scared me

Attachments

• IMG_0407.PNG
    IMG_0407.PNG
    626.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0406.PNG
    IMG_0406.PNG
    667.5 KB · Views: 160
Yes
Uhh more like February or March of next year.....if they have been working on console 1.3 since October of last year it's gonna take just as long to bring it out to mobile so that means rebuilding everything like they are doing to console so if you think they can just crank out another rebuilt game...your setting your expectations to the moon......no pun intended

Last edited:
I just hope they fix the frame drops on Xbox one. It's that if you have a really big and detailed build, it lags so much on Xbox one. On 360 works fine but on Xbox one it sucks so much. Hope they fix that!

Uhh more like February or March of next year.....if they have been working on console 1.3 since October of last year it's gonna take just as long to bring it out to mobile so that means rebuilding everything like they are doing to console so if you think they can just crank out another rebuilt game...your setting your expectations to the moon......no pun intended
They estimated a few months after 1.3 lands on consoles. Barring some unforseen problems I'd expect we are about 2-4 months away from seeing something on mobile.

I just hope they fix the frame drops on Xbox one. It's that if you have a really big and detailed build, it lags so much on Xbox one. On 360 works fine but on Xbox one it sucks so much. Hope they fix that!
They are rebuilding the game completely in Unity, so the performance issues are expected to clear up.

The real question with Ocram (and the other 2 mobile bosses Tukor and Lepus) is are they going to change them for Expert mode at all; and if so, are they going to drop their own unique Treasure Bag containing a powerful expert mode exclusive item?

The real question with Ocram (and the other 2 mobile bosses Tukor and Lepus) is are they going to change them for Expert mode at all; and if so, are they going to drop their own unique Treasure Bag containing a powerful expert mode exclusive item?

That would be Awesome

Anyone have a good base I can farm for any event I had built to pics up top but I have fixed them up and idk what else to build
[doublepost=1496953011,1496952984][/doublepost]Not base just farm

Let's say I have hacked stacks of items will my guy get banned along with world. I made a world and put all hacked items in it so just in case they don't get banned I can ge them again
[doublepost=1496978435,1496978418][/doublepost]Good idea or no please respond

Let's say I have hacked stacks of items will my guy get banned along with world. I made a world and put all hacked items in it so just in case they don't get banned I can ge them again
No one is going to get "banned", my dude.
It's just that you'll get frowned upon by the community, and you'll never get assistance with anything.

Please do not ask about or discuss hacked console items on this forum. You are completely on your own regarding that topic.

How fun was it

It felt satisfying to play a legit PC-authentic Terraria on Console.

Obviously it was awful and ReLogic has demanded they scrap the whole thing and start the console release of 1.3 over from scratch.

I know it was sarcasm - but we did give them a list of stuff to address. Some performance things and the usual list of bugs and such (often times, the creator of a core game sees things that no one else does - I always joke it is like "being able to see the Matrix"). So yeah, it's just down to Pipeworks banging away on that (in close contact with our QA team) and then I am sure we will dive in once again - hopefully for that last pass to give it the official stamp of approval for launch.

I know the delay sucks, but it is necessary in our opinion. Knowingly launching with issues is a self-fulfilling prophecy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom