Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys if you look at the tweets they seem to be getting closer, they're quality checking it
Idk how booth parts of 1.2.4 after so many delays got trough that "Quality checking". Especially that thing with shadewood armor having arm from Ancient Shadow armor or walking into solid blocks or walking trough jungle temple doors without keys. More time spent on update don't result in update without bugs but with different bugs.
So don't lie to yourself that it will be "Polished" and "Bug free"

Idk how booth parts of 1.2.4 after so many delays got trough that "Quality checking". Especially that thing with shadewood armor having arm from Ancient Shadow armor or walking into solid blocks or walking trough jungle temple doors without keys. More time spent on update don't result in update without bugs but with different bugs.
So don't lie to yourself that it will be "Polished" and "Bug free"
Your probably right in saying that this update will not be completely bug free most updates for any game usually comes with a few bugs. Trust me I remember getting annoyed by the arm glitch with shadewood armor too. But who knows maybe since there's a new team working on it maybe it won't be so bugging has the past updates have been. Hopefully this delay will be worth it and this could be a pretty polished update and a update in the near future.

Your probably right in saying that this update will not be completely bug free most updates for any game usually comes with a few bugs. Trust me I remember getting annoyed by the arm glitch with shadewood armor too. But who knows maybe since there's a new team working on it maybe it won't be so bugging has the past updates have been. Hopefully this delay will be worth it and this could be a pretty polished update and a update in the near future.
I played that update long time ago fortunately but i still think of bad times when i was waiting for update and it was delayed after delay after delay.

wonder if this update will fix the lag in the underground corruption/jungle transition areas

Code rewrite so hopefully that brings performance stability

On a side note, I wonder what size the update will be considering the code has been re-written from scratch, I estimate at least 1gb, it's gonna be like downloading a whole new game again
And....
Will 505 be releasing another physical version of Terraria because all pre 1.3 physical copies still show Engine Software as the developer ( not on about in game splash screens, I'm on about case art ) or could we be given the option to print off an inlay for our game cases to replace the one we have?

Code rewrite so hopefully that brings performance stability

On a side note, I wonder what size the update will be considering the code has been re-written from scratch, I estimate at least 1gb, it's gonna be like downloading a whole new game again
And....
Will 505 be releasing another physical version of Terraria because all pre 1.3 physical copies still show Engine Software as the developer ( not on about in game splash screens, I'm on about case art ) or could we be given the option to print off an inlay for our game cases to replace the one we have?
I have no idea tbh I would think they would, when producing more copies of the game just change it, but my question is will their be an updated version for the new Xbox one X considering it's a lot more powerful and can do stuff similar to a PC so will they increase the world size like PC's world size or just not bother with making a graphically better version for Xbox one X. And also we haven't heard any news about Terraria otherworld is ages, getting slightly worried :p

See this is a tricky problem. Even if they do have an exact date they are targeting, which I don't think they do, anything they say will be taken by people at large as a promise. If they miss that date for some reason then it's bad PR for them. So companies tend to only give information they are 100% certain they will meet. Because that kind of certainty is rare and difficult to have, we end up in the situation we are in. I wouldn't be surprised if Pipeworks has missed over a dozen target dates internally, but since we didn't know about them it's just a wait like any other.
since everything was on track like they announce well i got that curious... as for bad rep if they miss a a deadline or lots i was pretty much aware

Maan i just cant wait to actually enjoy terraria more!? although my patience is dying.
Maybe make a moon lord arena while your waiting for the update so you don't have to waste time making it durig the update while you could be trying all the new stuff. I'm going to do the same thing in the meantime. If you need some idea's there are some good designs on youtube

I'm actually curious about physical copies too. Since the entire code is being rewritten, is that gonna invalidate the data on existing physical copies of Console Terraria? It would make a lot of sense if new ones had to be made

I'm actually curious about physical copies too. Since the entire code is being rewritten, is that gonna invalidate the data on existing physical copies of Console Terraria? It would make a lot of sense if new ones had to be made
Same way as have been used so far to update Terraria. Your physical Terraria v1.0 will download an update that is stored on your console, not the disc. The disc only acts like a key allowing you to run the downloaded game.

Anyone noticed that its the end of Q3? August 16th is the end of Q3 guys soooo we might have to wait longer. Q4 sadly.

I will admit I have been rather...inactive...for quite some time. I've lurked and kept up with news, but have not contributed since the 3DS port of Terraria launched. As such, I have a quite of bit of catching up to do in providing my thoughts.

As someone who is currently undergoing education to become a game developer (programmer, to be specific), it's easy to forget how confounding and unreasonable the game development cycle can look from an outside perspective. So much concern and even worry is displayed over what has been a pretty standard development cycle so far. Games' ETAs are getting pushed back all the time, and delays are so common that they are expected. The mistake here was that the update was given an estimated shipping date approximately a year out. That is far, far too early to provide a release estimate to the public given how unpredictable the potential problems that delay development tend to be.

In any case, it's too late to take back that information now. The best thing to do is to not make that mistake again and keep moving forward. Though, that being said, I must commend Terraria's developers, all of them, for treating their users with such professional respect. You put a lot of faith in the idea that your users will understand the hardship of your work. As to whether or not that happens...I'll just call it a 50/50 split and leave it at that.

In any case, I'm quite excited for this rebuild myself, in addition to my excitement for 505's replacement. To not speak of them too harshly, I believe that any console dev who sees a need to change a game's experience when porting from PC to consoles (such as limiting control layouts, limiting character creation options, or redesigning the HUD beyond dilation and translation of its elements) has a perspective of console users that is 15 years out-of-date. That said, I am very excited to see Pipeworks making a port that seeks to treat all platforms equally.

Anyway, a game is ready only when it is truly ready, and attempting to release a game which is not ready is asking to have your credibility stripped from you. Continue your fine work, Pipeworks, and I do NOT want to see any specific release date for the update until you can provide one with doubtless certainty.

I'm actually curious to see if the 3DS version has anything happening or upcoming since Deanzor is no longer involved with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom