Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now this I can get behind, looks like pipeworks is doing a amazing job and is working hard, and should be praised for their effort, I rate a two thumbs up, yeet.

Glad that console players are finally getting their update soon! I'm really excited for the Switch version though, hope we hear news regarding that version after 1.3 for PS4 and XB1.

It's very nice to have an update, but why on earth is this taking so long? The Stardew Valley developers managed to port that game to the Switch in a matter of months.

Have there been a lot of problems porting Terraria to PS4 and Xbox one, perhaps some "behind the scenes" issues which are causing the horrendous delays?

(Speaking of the Switch, are Pipeworks also handling that port?).

It's very nice to have an update, but why on earth is this taking so long? The Stardew Valley developers managed to port that game to the Switch in a matter of months.

Have there been a lot of problems porting Terraria to PS4 and Xbox one, perhaps some "behind the scenes" issues which are causing the horrendous delays?

(Speaking of the Switch, are Pipeworks also handling that port?).
It's taking so long because they are rebuilding the games engine from scratch to allow faster updates. There was also a huge (I assume) issue with split-screen, up to the point where they wouldn't even attempt to use it in their streams.

I wouldn't hold out hope for a release this year at this point. The work left to do isn't simple enough for them to even feel confident in announcing they will be submitting for certification soon. Looks like MoeHolyGhost was right after all.
That really sucks, this update has been delayed long enough, almost like it’s never gonna come out even though we all know it will. MoeHolyGhost may just have been right, it’s great for him but this is one of those times where being right isn’t so good

Comparing the level of complexity of SDV to Terraria isn't really even close to apples:apples. SDV is a fine game in its own right, but not really comparable in this regard. That and the full rewrite others have noted. Terraria already had a port to multiple consoles - this is the unprecedented step of taking it back and making it into what it perhaps could have been all along... while streamlining future port work at the same time.

What is taking so long? Ironing out all of the bugs and such inherent in a game with the sheer number of variables such as this one. Feels like they are getting really close though.... exciting.

I have a question that is probably on the minds of many people..... Will mods be available to console as soon as the update comes.

I have a question that is probably on the minds of many people..... Will mods be available to console as soon as the update comes.
To date, mods for console have not been permitted by the console manufacturers (Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo), and there is no reason to expect their stance on that to change. So the answer to that is No.

Are the Mobile and Nintendo Switch versions still coming out this year?
Given that both were set to come out after the console update and there is now only about a month left in the year, I think it's safe to assume that the mobile/Switch timetable has slipped into next year.

i'm sorry... but why are people so interested in mods?

to me, people asking for mods just makes it seem like they don't like terraria, period... because mods change what the game is.

i've always had that mindset with games... if you want to change what a game is, why even play it if you're going to turn it into something else?

it just seems like an insult to the developers, like saying "you guys did a terrible job with this game, i'm going to improve it".

that's how it seems to me, atleast. :dryadindifferent:

by the way, not trying to start anything... just never really understood the interest in mods, and the mindset behind them.

Last edited:
to me, people asking for mods just makes it seem like they don't like terraria, period... because mods change what the game is.
No, they like Terraria, but every game runs out of stuff to do eventually. While they could just build, that's not some people's play-style.

i've always had that mindset with games... if you want to change what a game is, why even play it if you're going to turn it into something else?
Mods are usually things that just tinker around with spawn rates and things. What if you knew that at any time, a Psycho could spawn and kill you while you were exploring underground. Wonderful experience.

it just seems like an insult to the developers, like saying "you guys did a terrible job with this game, i'm going to improve it".
It's not an insult, no one makes a mod for a game they don't like. They actually say "This is a great game, but how can I make it better. There is in fact, a mod, that allows two people to play together, unfortunately, one has to be a drone. Mods are really trying to show the devs what their game could be, if that fit their vision. If you knew you could play multiplayer, and you had some friends over, wouldn't you play? Mods are trying to stretch the boundaries to see what the engine can handle. Plus, we all know that one day, Re-Logic is going to see their baby run off to college, and they won't provide for it anymore. That's why mods are so great. It could allow me to potentially 'update' the game, and if more people bought it because of that, then the devs get more money.

Anyways, this is getting a tad long. I just wanted to point out my view on mods, and the people who play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom