Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm commenting again sorry but most kids thinks it's so easy to code games but it's hard very hard i deal with hours of coding on a roblox and taking out bugs so i know how it feels so kids see this is hard to code so give pipeworks some time and let them be ready to post if u cant wait anymore just play other games i can wait even longer idc if its in 2018 i can do a lot more stuff on the game i even remove my characters and start all over from the start so i enjoy terraria for a long time since 2012 and been playing it since 2013 i like it more then minecraft because pipeworks do not rush update pipeworks takes their time and they find bugs they fix every one last of them and not leave bugs in the game i never found any bugs yet so kids or whoever wants it now im gonna say no let them take their time it could be 2 days before Xmas idc if it does terraria is fun without 1.3 still it will be more fun with it like i play pc as well which im glad i bought it to show more support of the game i bought it 4 times for xb360 xb1 pc and mobile so yes let pipeworks think when the update is ready

From what we referenced last week 13 now. That doesn't include what Re-Logic will include in their assessment since it's being reviewed as we speak.
I was only joking, it would be a great idea if it was possible but then again do we want to see how unpredictable coding is, I hope yous reach your deadline(whatever that is) soon:indifferent:
[doublepost=1511889463,1511888941][/doublepost]
i'm commenting again sorry but most kids thinks it's so easy to code games but it's hard very hard i deal with hours of coding on a roblox and taking out bugs so i know how it feels so kids see this is hard to code so give pipeworks some time and let them be ready to post if u cant wait anymore just play other games i can wait even longer idc if its in 2018 i can do a lot more stuff on the game i even remove my characters and start all over from the start so i enjoy terraria for a long time since 2012 and been playing it since 2013 i like it more then minecraft because pipeworks do not rush update pipeworks takes their time and they find bugs they fix every one last of them and not leave bugs in the game i never found any bugs yet so kids or whoever wants it now im gonna say no let them take their time it could be 2 days before Xmas idc if it does terraria is fun without 1.3 still it will be more fun with it like i play pc as well which im glad i bought it to show more support of the game i bought it 4 times for xb360 xb1 pc and mobile so yes let pipeworks think when the update is ready
I tried saying that in the previous thread (I'm not a game Dev though) the way you put it was perfect,nothing was countable the only thing is it's not only 'kids' thinking it's easy to code and not all kids think that way but other than that I would give that a A on an essay ;)

Boi I was just joking

Listen man, I did a lot of programming in a Excel. This one time, I wrote a program and it had a bug and then I fixed it. And it only took me 20 seconds! Therefore, all coding is extremely easy and anyone that says it takes more than 20 seconds to code something is a liar.

On a more serious note, I’ve been decoding ancient texts and according to what I have been able to translate, the Mayans will return in their spaceships on 12/31/17 to destroy Earth if the Switch version of Terraria hasn’t been released by then. No pressure, but please release Terraria for the Switch within the next month so that humanity isn’t exterminated by an all-powerful ancient alien race.

Please.

I swear I’m not making any of this up.

Listen man, I did a lot of programming in a Excel. This one time, I wrote a program and it had a bug and then I fixed it. And it only took me 20 seconds! Therefore, all coding is extremely easy and anyone that says it takes more than 20 seconds to code something is a liar.

On a more serious note, I’ve been decoding ancient texts and according to what I have been able to translate, the Mayans will return in their spaceships on 12/31/17 to destroy Earth if the Switch version of Terraria hasn’t been released by then. No pressure, but please release Terraria for the Switch within the next month so that humanity isn’t exterminated by an all-powerful ancient alien race.

Please.

I swear I’m not making any of this up.
Bug as in syntax error, or bug as in something is working incorrectly? Those are two completely different things.

In response to this I want to point out that what I have an issue with is not time on how long it takes to build a game and release it if in the beggining it had been stated oops sorry there are going to be delays i would be cool but the anounced delays where usually stated long after a target time was missed by up to a whole week after a target time. I have a problem with multiple counts of the team or whoever it is that posts information about when the release date or the progress of the upcoming 1.3 update says it will be out so soon I'm hyped up for it. I feel that it is wrong to do so that is my opinion. Now if there weren't so many missed release dates with very little posts usually after everyone is going hey what is goin on. the date had passed and no word on what is happening. I believe the situation would be alot better I have watched alot of people get upset at what they feel like is a broken promise not just once but I believe 3 times now. It is a matter of communication that is the problem nothing more

If your code looks as organized as your forum post, I can imagine it's riddled with bugs.

I think the main problem is that not everyone understands the basics of programming. Especially with such a big and complicated game like Terraria. If you change some code you have to test everything that it touched.

If the bugs they discovered mid year concerned some parts of the basic framework of the game (and they did state they are rewriting the engine). If they had to rewrite the framework (even in the slightest), they had to test the whole game (everything that this framework references) and new bugs could come out. If new bugs surfaced (and we saw a bit of that in some of the videos they showed from gameplay) then they had to retest again most of the game to be sure everything works fine. Such things happen and are extremely frustratingly unexpected.

If they thought they had it close and something like that happened... Good for them to look it up and not send us a buggy game. Do you want another "Assassins Creed"?

I am a little upset that this update has taken so long, but I'm kinda glad they're taking their time now. I remember when 1.2 first came out in like what, 2014? Somewhere around there, I don't remember- It was horrible. There were more game-breaking glitches than I could count. I remember playing with my two best friends at their house, and we were so confused as to why we couldn't find any chests. Splitscreen is my favorite thing about Terraria, and I've come to accept that if I want a clean, working splitscreen 1.3, then I need to wait patiently like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom