Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boi I was just joking

i was not talking to you tho i was just saying a statement really
[doublepost=1512054676,1512054410][/doublepost]
I am a little upset that this update has taken so long, but I'm kinda glad they're taking their time now. I remember when 1.2 first came out in like what, 2014? Somewhere around there, I don't remember- It was horrible. There were more game-breaking glitches than I could count. I remember playing with my two best friends at their house, and we were so confused as to why we couldn't find any chests. Splitscreen is my favorite thing about Terraria, and I've come to accept that if I want a clean, working splitscreen 1.3, then I need to wait patiently like everyone else.

Let them take their time i'm giving it until mid december or late december well idc i always have a pc version to play on

Pipeworks has said things like: "It's nearly done"... "We're nearing submission"... a few times before. Crossing my fingers they nail it this time around. Down to 13 bugs according to some official very recently... did he speak too soon? What is the current state of affairs?

Silence isn't golden in this thread :)

Will they finally stream 1.3 splitscreen on Twitch tomorrow?

Last edited:

Pipeworks has said things like: "It's nearly done"... "We're nearing submission"... a few times before. Crossing my fingers they nail it this time around. Down to 13 bugs according to some official very recently... did he speak too soon? What is the current state of affairs?

Will they stream 1.3 console on Twitch tomorrow?
I think they're streaming tomorrow, I think their Facebook said something about it.

Will they finally stream 1.3 splitscreen on Twitch tomorrow?
Stay tuned next week on an all new dragon Ball Z !

Just as my own input, Chippy gets his news info from these forums and assorted Re-Logic Twitter feeds. He doesn’t have any inside knowledge. The video you linked is news from this very thread, along with a guess from Chippy on a release date.
Will the console look the same at the pc, in screen map, hp counter?

it really sounds like it's going to be a December release :pinky: ...but there's still the problem with cert that could take a few weeks :nymph:

I think the main problem is that not everyone understands the basics of programming. Especially with such a big and complicated game like Terraria. If you change some code you have to test everything that it touched.

If the bugs they discovered mid year concerned some parts of the basic framework of the game (and they did state they are rewriting the engine). If they had to rewrite the framework (even in the slightest), they had to test the whole game (everything that this framework references) and new bugs could come out. If new bugs surfaced (and we saw a bit of that in some of the videos they showed from gameplay) then they had to retest again most of the game to be sure everything works fine. Such things happen and are extremely frustratingly unexpected.

If they thought they had it close and something like that happened... Good for them to look it up and not send us a buggy game. Do you want another "Assassins Creed"?

That's not true. Another option is to say you've done regression testing but not actually do it and just hope everything still works.

That's not true. Another option is to say you've done regression testing but not actually do it and just hope everything still works.
Perhaps, but that is not what makes a great dev team if you ask me. I would much rather they delay the game, polish it, and release a gem, not a blurry rock.

Hi pipeworks I’m a massive fan of terraria and I think it’s great that u guys r taking over. :) I play on my iPad mini that I have had for 4 years it has 1GB of RAM and I don’t think that’s enough for 1.3 for mobile. I have all of the end game equipment (except rod of discord) :( as I am coming up to my 5th year of playing terraria i have recently bought an iPhone se with 2GB of RAM so I could play 1.3 (when it comes out) so I could play 1.3. When I first loaded the game I got all of my characters over to my iPhone from my iPad when I noticed It was heaps more zoomed in on the iPhone compared to the iPad. My immediate thought was u ain’t gonna fit moon lord on that so I was wondering if you were going to fix the zoom issue on iPhone so that we could actually see moon lord on it. And also when r u going to fix the zoom issue. I think a lot of people agree with me when saying “we don’t care if our characters really small we just want to complete the game” plus u can just tap the person icon to c your character. Also we only have 5 things in our hot bar on iPhone not 10 like iPad this is not a major issue but I was wondering if u were going to change that. Also I know this is long but please read it. can my 32GB storage and 2GB iPhone se be able to run mobile terraria 1.3 efficiently
[doublepost=1512173026,1512172915][/doublepost]Basically please fix the zoom issue on terraria for phones and will my 32GB and 2GB RAM iPhone se be able to run 1.3 for mobile efficiently :)

@ClearConscious

Last edited:
Missed the stream due to work & Xenoblade Chronicles 2 being released on Nintendo Switch today, but browsed through the twitch video...

- so still no splitscreen being shown
- no gameplay shown which would stress the CPU
- looks like the framerate is dipping already under these simple circumstances in the video

So yeah, I'm still worried about performance (especially as I am planning to buy the Switch version and so far I heard nothing but bad :red: related to the Unity engine on this particular platform).

Hi pipeworks if u haven’t replied to my other post please do so it’s just up a little bit from this post (it’s lengthy but please read it) thx. Also I was wondering on mobile when 1.3 is released can I still play on my normal sized world on mobile and still get 1.3 content on my relatively small world? (I created that world before expanded worlds we’re introduced into terraria mobile) as I thought can I fit all 4 pillars onto the world or will I have to make a new expanded world? Thx

@ClearConscious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom