Console 1.3: The Final Push!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably ending up like the previous threads... some positive message, followed by a lot of positive reactions, then followed by scepticism and no further follow-ups from Pipeworks. Then followed by a new "we're nearly done!"-thread.

Rinse, repeat.
I don't know how these "teams" stay afloat, honestly. They spend so little time communicating, and when they finally do, it's a whole lot of "maybe soon, possibly near, potentially right around the corner, perchance about to happen, conceivably in the works", and the worst bit is that we hardly ever get a release date for anything. I may be mistaken, but every time I'm waiting for an update, they say "will post release day soon" but instead they just eventually post the announcement that they're done.

Anyone here watch Rick and Morty? I feel like Morty when he's talking to Summer about Tiny Rick. We're Morty, and the Devs are Summer.

I don't know how these "teams" stay afloat, honestly. They spend so little time communicating, and when they finally do, it's a whole lot of "maybe soon, possibly near, potentially right around the corner, perchance about to happen, conceivably in the works", and the worst bit is that we hardly ever get a release date for anything. I may be mistaken, but every time I'm waiting for an update, they say "will post release day soon" but instead they just eventually post the announcement that they're done.

Anyone here watch Rick and Morty? I feel like Morty when he's talking to Summer about Tiny Rick. We're Morty, and the Devs are Summer.
The reason they haven't given a release date is because they won't give one out until they are 100% sure they will make it. Instead, they give target dates, saying when they hope to be done.

yes you think with the update so close they will be letting us know and giving us updates on their progress towards the update

100% bug free software is an oxymoron. Just saying. That and - no matter what, at some point, you have to draw a line between "bugs that would block launch" and "little stuff you can pick up after launch".

If that is your standard, then prepare to get "really mad" - that said, its gonna be a million times cleaner than it would have been had it launched earlier, I can absolutely promise that (just from observation). That said, a "QA team" of several million people will ALWAYS find things that an internal team will not.

What separates good from bad here, really, is making sure there are no "big deal" issues and then how a dev team handles pivoting right into hotfix mode - how quickly and completely can they get, regress, fix, and push out those fixes. The PW team is already planning for and ready for whatever anyone - you, them, us, etc - find after launch.

That is ultimately all that any developer of any software product ever can offer. Just saying. ;)
Well I was just joking around, I know nothing can be 100% bug free, and I actually play Bethesda games so I've gotten really used to bugs and good at utilising bugs to do things like get a horse into major holds in skyrim or get to the institute early in fallout 4, I'm like that parallel universe guy on that super Mario 64 video on YouTube

Hahaha, you were who I was debating with on the PC-Relogic Announcement forum, and you were to the first to respond to my post on this forum thread. I just found it amusing that the debate is waging on through the forums. X3
It's probably because I check all the main page posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom