Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
560px-Dragon_Mask_-Console-_Adamantite_Helmet.png

please add these menus as an option back to this made the console version better then the pc version. if I wanted the pc version style menus and controls I would play that version.

I completely agree. I'm stressed out sick by this. I cannot see to lay it now even if I zoom in the inventory is too small and on top of that the menu is really clear. I have to sit on top of my tv to see anything. Also my characters do not look as good. They are all pixilated and blurry. I know I have perfect vision too. 20/20 and I do not need any glasses. No oldman eyes here.

This is awful. It just froze because too much was happening on screen. What the hell were all those months spent testing actually testing?

The whole control setup is a joke now. You have to open your inventory and physically move the item you want to use to the top bar before you can use it. D-pad binding is also gone.

There is a setting under Controls/Quick Navigation called Directional Buttons Hotbar that you can select to enable mapping.

I regret downloading this patch. I miss the old zoom feature from the touch pad. It makes the game more clunky to play for some reason. Plus the new menu is too small for my eyes and I can barely see what I select. The D-Pad shortcuts being gone for items is a big no for me, although I like the Auto-Health and Auto-Mana options... I honestly don't know how I feel about this update. Mostly negative so far.
you can change the D-Pad shortcuts(d-pad buttons hotbar) in the controls under quick navigation

Don't turn it off. It can take a while.

Let say I had a small world that was HEAVILY modified/ terraformed / build upon. How long would that conversion take on average? I think I had 2 world like this. There were 3 other worlds that were just for resource gathering, but had very little modificaiton.

Update: Currently at 1 hour with no progress on the 'progress' bar. Still stuck at 75%. How long should I wait?

The inventory screen is still too hard to read. I can't play. If there is a way to rollback my game so I can enjoy it tonight without loosing my saves please let me know.

I have played on the PC version before. There is a UI scale right below the zoom where you can make all of the inventory about 200% bigger. Helps a lot for playing on a TV screen.

My PS4 version is still converting my worlds, so I have not had a chance to see if it has that option yet.

I've been looking forward to this update for so long and it's pretty - really pretty. The downside is that the things I liked about the game have changed. I have ME/CFS and there are so many changes that I literally can't play the game. My mind has a melt down. I loved the old inventory, the old crafting system, the touch pad zoom. It's just so busy all the time on the screen. And the writing is so small I can't read it and our TV is not small at all. I do appreciate that it's easier in some ways if it's the same system for everyone but in that case I would've bought the PC version, I'm a console girl through and through. I'm really sorry to be so negative but after a really horrible day it's made me a little sad and my partner too because, although he does find it a little easier to adjust, he does agree with me on all of this. I feel so very sad that I may have to eat all of the ice cream in my freezer now. Is there anyway to go back to the old version?
Many thanks and much love to all the hard working staff.

I have played on the PC version before. There is a UI scale right below the zoom where you can make all of the inventory about 200% bigger. Helps a lot for playing on a TV screen.

My PS4 version is still converting my worlds, so I have not had a chance to see if it has that option yet.
there is no UI scale setting anywhere I have looked
[doublepost=1513287882,1513287810][/doublepost]
I've been looking forward to this update for so long and it's pretty - really pretty. The downside is that the things I liked about the game have changed. I have ME/CFS and there are so many changes that I literally can't play the game. My mind has a melt down. I loved the old inventory, the old crafting system, the touch pad zoom. It's just so busy all the time on the screen. And the writing is so small I can't read it and our TV is not small at all. I do appreciate that it's easier in some ways if it's the same system for everyone but in that case I would've bought the PC version, I'm a console girl through and through. I'm really sorry to be so negative but after a really horrible day it's made me a little sad and my partner too because, although he does find it a little easier to adjust, he does agree with me on all of this. I feel so very sad that I may have to eat all of the ice cream in my freezer now. Is there anyway to go back to the old version?
Many thanks and much love to all the hard working staff.
Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom.

Love what you guys did, I dont care how the thing looks or how long it takes to log in, I just want to play 1.3, I use an Xbox and cant wait for it's release, thanks for all the work <3

there is no UI scale setting anywhere I have looked
[doublepost=1513287882,1513287810][/doublepost]
Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom.

See the pic below. This is from the PC. You have to be in a world to see this. It would really be a shame if they took away our d-pad and touch-pad controls to make it "just like PC", and then fail to give us interface controls that the PC has.

Attachments

• interface.png
    interface.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 812
See the pic below. This is from the PC. You have to be in a world to see this. It would really be a shame if they took away our d-pad and touch-pad controls to make it "just like PC", and then fail to give us interface controls that the PC has.
Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom. now not the touchpad
[doublepost=1513288387,1513288264][/doublepost]
I know how to zoom I just think it's a downgrade against the old zoom. Thank you anyway though. x
you are welcome and I agree with it being a downgrade same with the inventory and crafting UI

To zoom: Options, then L2/R2
D-pad binding: Controls, under Quick Navigation, look for Directional Buttons Hotbar.

The zoom and UI Scale came to PC in the 1.3.5 update. This 1.3 console is released at 1.3.0.7. It may be that that functionality is added later when they get to the 1.3.4 update. Not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom