Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
many of my favorite youtubers use bubble blocks along witch cute fishron to kill expert moon lord, and in their videos, the bubble blocks hold water, but the player can go through them. on my friend's ps4, we tried the same strategy, but we couldn't go through tye bubbles. please fix this.
@Devourer of Gods, that is a bug right now. It'll be fixed at some point.

Shouldn't enemies killed by the slime mount drop nebula boosters? I find it odd that they don't, but enemies killed by a melee weapon will drop them.

Game just crashed and said game save corrupt .... everything is gone. Any way to get it back ?.... so much wasted time.

I remember back in the day when you purchased a game and played it....not worrying about stuff blipping into oblivion. It's every game that has issues.(Neverwinter, Diablo, Fallout) It's so frustrating. Pretty soon people are just going to stop playing games ... maybe they should. To all the xbox players .... trust me just wait until this stuff gets fixed because it sucks sooooo much ... not just losing a weapon but entire worlds and all the characters are gone.

update : husband deleted game and reinstalled it and it looks to be back... still so many bugs and glitches. Way too many. I'm a little iffy if I really want to play anymore until a update is released. He deleted everything but the main world that we spent all our time on and 3 characters. Husband , Wifey and daughter. Seems to mess up a lot in multiplayer. When playing alone game just crashes and sends a report. This happens maybe every 2 hours or so. When in multiplayer stuff disappears if someone is in inventory and one is doing anything ... inventory , mining , talking to NPC.
Game also has some lag every few mins.

Also about the inventory ... very hard to see. I have MS . (was reading past posts)
Wish wasn't transparent.

Last edited:
Game just crashed and said game save corrupt .... everything is gone. Any way to get it back ?.... so much wasted time.

I remember back in the day when you purchased a game and played it....not worrying about stuff blipping into oblivion. It's every game that has issues.(Neverwinter, Diablo, Fallout) It's so frustrating. Pretty soon people are just going to stop playing games ... maybe they should. To all the xbox players .... trust me just wait until this stuff gets fixed because it sucks sooooo much ... not just losing a weapon but entire worlds and all the characters are gone.

update : husband deleted game and reinstalled it and it looks to be back... still so many bugs and glitches. Way too many. I'm a little iffy if I really want to play anymore until a update is released. He deleted everything but the main world that we spent all our time on and 3 characters. Husband , Wifey and daughter. Seems to mess up a lot in multiplayer. When playing alone game just crashes and sends a report. This happens maybe every 2 hours or so. When in multiplayer stuff disappears if someone is in inventory and one is doing anything ... inventory , mining , talking to NPC.
Game also has some lag every few mins.

Also about the inventory ... very hard to see. I have MS . (was reading past posts)
Wish wasn't transparent.

Is that mostly about online multiplayer or local? I've heard local-multiplayer has more problems maybe cause more info is needed to be saved and more info could be lost while on the same console. While online multiplayer don't join anyone without backing up saves or enter a new world you don't care about I've never tested any of these cause I only hosted games! Cause if you join their hosted world could copy over one of your own worlds! I'm still not sure if it really is the last world you were on or any one of the worlds, so should still backup saves!

And about disappearing items check weapon racks and/or items frames if you have un-favourited items in the toolbar! they can swap items around if not empty I only had one thing disappear which was only so far wire cutters! This mainly happened with a full inventory and if using build mode and you pick something up while using another item in build mode another dropped item takes the place of an item being used in build mode gets dropped! or disappears
More players should learn to back-up saves using PS+ if have that and/or USB Flash Drives and alternate what is backed-up to each time, I'm using 3 USB drives and PS+, And this isn't just for Terraria either, other things could happen where other game saves could be lost or corrupted.

And yeah the crashing can get really bad especially while the underworld and on multiplayer too even wost then, and maybe after using a teleporter too wired straight to the underworld.

And yeah the Inventory does need more opacity or away to adjust it! And text shouldn't blink so much! And the buffs/time are still too still hard to see and hard cancel (this is one of the reasons I made a topic called "We need K+M support") along with conorller it is too convoluted for us to cancel and to check what buffs we have and another reason would be more shortcuts could be set for KB and/or we also need touchpad gestures back swipes up, down, left, right would be good for quick mana, buffs, mount or throw quick heal would be set to my square, it is hard to use quick mount and quick heal and it is really annoying to swich them around, and can't use d-pad cause those are set to d-pad-hotbar-shortcuts and I 'm just used to use them as shortcuts and when I try to use the d-pad for heal, mana or bufII I just start using potions don't need cause when I need to swtich to weapon or pick I just end up wasting potions which isn't fun either! And it is too much to ask for KB support to name worlds or rename chests

And i'm not the only one who would want KB+M support and this was back in 2013
http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.ph...le-as-to-why-console-games-should-support-km/

I have no problem with kb+m support, but only if it's an addition. The game already now feels like it should be played on pc since the update, and we're playing with hobbled controls. That should be fixed before kb+m support is added. It's a console game and the vast majority of console players use only a controller. It's not so easy using a kb+m when sitting on a sofa which is how consoles are played.

I have no problem with kb+m support, but only if it's an addition. The game already now feels like it should be played on pc since the update, and we're playing with hobbled controls. That should be fixed before kb+m support is added. It's a console game and the vast majority of console players use only a controller. It's not so easy using a kb+m when sitting on a sofa which is how consoles are played.

Calling them "hobbled" is being generous. And the lag is so horrible. I'll be trying to move around the UI, and nothing happens, so I push again...rinse & repeat...then suddenly the cursor jumps forward 3 spaces (or however many I ended up having to press).

The game is still great for the most part not counting the bugs, glitches, lag and crashes, and (I'm thinking Lava and water are one of the cases for the lag at least on large worlds) (I haven't lost data yet I do lose 1--5mins of gameplay that didn't get saved) and yes it should be an addition after other fixes are done, and it would work at the same time so could use controller and KB+M and then quickly use a key on a KB. If more controller setting/options are added I would be happy with that too.

And no PC still have it easier when removing buffs and checking buff and having more keybinds/control settings and some really should try to play with D-Pad shortcuts then try to change to not using d-pad shortcuts and then try to use d-pad for heal, mana, buffs and don't use them when you don't want to it just doesn't work!

I know everyone uses a controller and not everyone would use or even think of using KB+M! And well I don't even have a sofa I'm just about few feet away from my TV with a small table in between with a laptop and 2 KBs+2M and the KB for the ps4 on a desk keyboard drawer under my TV and I already use Controller+KB+M while playing FFXIV Stormblood! And I just pull out the keyboard when I need it!

Some of us have kids. Had I wanted to use a kb+m on a console I would have never have purchased a console. I would have a large table with 3-4 computers. Unless they are willing to mail us compatible devices, larger screens, tables, chairs, discussing that here is moot. Their failed PC port has ruined a game we all loved. None of us should have to worry about file corruption, multiplayer issues, UI glitches and horrible text size. We should not worry about random item deletions, our old items having no-use and becoming "Legacy" items that worked before, some we worked hard to obtain.

Why?

Because it was working before. These are not just glitches...bugs...it is because what? Yep, just like other companies rushed to meet deadlines, they pushed out a sub par product. Quickly patched port over obviously despite numerous attempts to convince us otherwise (my opinion) likely was not, tested by actual console players. I won't be convinced otherwise.

Terraria went from the most played game in my household to "That game" that is on the far right (and vanishing) of my console menu. Tucked away in the library waiting for that notification from its original creators, saying "We have fixed A-Z bugs at our customers request" and a detailed list.

Had this game been my creation, the one who released this bricked downdate to the public would be kindly shown the door, or at a minimum never been in charge of a project ever again...because their "Yes its ready for release" report? Yep. They lied.

Again, lol...likely too blunt and honest. I await post bashing, or deletion. Bring it.. I've got thick skin...I just said now what everyone who's actually angry has been thinking.

[edit] Buddy of mine currently going for his master's in graphic design and game development said something, wonderful lightbulbs went off. So this can also be my apology for a previous statement.

Playtesting and/or Testing/Development is akin to Engineering reviews. Documentation and focus groups, recording changes, errors, and photo/video is often recorded. Briefings are held and action taken.

So apologies, can you point to where these can be seen? They have to be available for public release somewhere...just remove the coding or black out the information we don't need to see. Maybe we can as a community help, maybe open source slices of code for us to tweak?

Just hindsight thoughts.

Last edited:
No one is going to post code for random people to "tweak" - that is literally unheard of outside of open source projects and this is not that.

Asking for posting of full systematic bug logs and such so that you can continue your crusade-tier witch hunt against those that tested? Not happening either.

There are no "secret video tapes" of "QA reviews" - at this point, its starting to sound like conspiracy theory.

As I've said to you now several times:
  • It was tested - thoroughly - by many people, in both SME and standard test case format over a good long while.
  • It was tested in a "console" setting (with actual TVs) and included those with both a PC and a Console-centric background.
  • Be that as it may, clearly stuff made it through - and rest assured, a thorough examination of the who/where/why/what will occur there and corrections will be made.
  • All that said, you are sorely mistaken on a lot of fronts, "buddy going for a degree in graphic design and game dev" or not.

In the end, you can believe what you would like, but the above are the facts. Everyone gets it, you are angry about the state of the update - I would wager that a lot of folks concur with that (I'm not particularly turning flips either, to be honest) - but as I have said (again) before, the focus is on the fix, not on the finger pointing. So, once more, the witch hunt you are on to "talk to QA" or "see the secret videos" or "show me the bug logs and source code" isn't going to bear any fruit... the team will focus on getting the needed fixes (PS4) done, XB1 out the door, and then turn to additional bugs and any feedback items (of which plenty of people have provided both issues and ideas). You have to ride that process out - or not, as that is your choice to make. Simple as that.

Dude, we are an indie developer. I think you might be over estimating how complex our company is, and how many staff members we have.

Point taken I guess...cool.

Googled "Terraria copies sold" hmmm. 20 million at roughly a lowball figure of $4.99. yeh, small company. My bad. But anyone can google. But doesn't the advertisement video say the same figures...hmm.

And it's not a witch hunt or conspiracy theory...it's called customer feelings and feedback. But hey, thanks for bringing QA in on the conversation. Are they QA from Sony and Microsoft, hired through the testing process, or internal only? I would love to hear about the process. Is there a thread on QA/QC anywhere?

Exactly which points am I mistaken on...please let us all know. I'll take criticism for days and will gladly choke on my words and apologies. Details please.

For everyone mentioning that they have beaten the moon lord, or gotten through the invasions or events, please link a thread so when I play again I can use that gear, and have some spares in case they get deleted.

Have a wonderful weekend and year. Raise flags and banners galore when it's fixed...later.

Hm, that's a shame, been waiting ages now, only checking the forum once per 3-6 months. Guess I'll be back in like August.
[doublepost=1516573999,1516573781][/doublepost]Wow, yeah. I created this account January 4th, 2016, (two years ago) to ask if 1.3 was on Xbox yet. I hadn't realized it's been two years...

I haven’t heard much about the Xbox conversion, besides that they’re working on a bug fixture, ETA?

I know you guys want all versions to be the same, but I do miss the old way of selecting hair styles, skin and eye color. I could never get things to look right with the sliders.

Did we lose the ability to zoom in and out? The default is just way too small.
Don’t know if anyone has replied but you press start and use the left and right triggers to zoom in and out, unfortunately it’s not very clear lol

@ClearConscious So I've just installed the 1.09 update, and it's quit itself twice in five minutes (error code CE-34878-0), an error code which usually happens once every few days. What was meant to be fixed on this update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom