Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ClearConscious it keeps happening; it's rendered the game unplayable. Do I have to wait another 5 weeks for the next hotfix before I can play again?

You could try creating a backup of all of your files on a USB drive, and then delete your numbered.map files, Misc file, and SYSTEM file on your PS4. Only files left would be character and named world files. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP FIRST!

You could try creating a backup of all of your files on a USB drive, and then delete your numbered.map files, Misc file, and SYSTEM file on your PS4. Only files left would be character and named world files. MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP FIRST!
But I'll just be copying the faulty files and replacing them onto the console. Are you saying that the world I've spent ages building is now corrupted?

@ClearConscious Ya'll gonna tell us when the update is certified so I don't have to go through my school day all hyped?:passionate::D:D

WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS!!: Don't install the new update (1.09) it's causing the game to quit the game 60 seconds or so into world load with an error code of CE-34878-0. I would strongly advise deleting update file from your PS4 Immediately.

WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS!!: Don't install the new update (1.09) it's causing the game to quit the game 60 seconds or so into world load with an error code of CE-34878-0. I would strongly advise deleting update file from your PS4 Immediately.
I'm sure if you followed what ClearConscious said then it'll work. Remember the only reason they're telling you to do that if it was a fix of some kind.

Yes if you do that you will be able to save your just losing your map visibility which kinda sucks especially on a large map

@ClearConscious I've found the trigger of the glitch: when the game saves (auto or otherwise) on this world (and only this one) it quits and gives the error code. Is there any way around this?

Its the map visibility file causing the problem. If you don't care about exploring your map again just delete the map visibility file named 2525 or whatever, it just makes your map dark like when you first create your world

I was unable to play Terraria on the 1.3 update on PS4 until today after the latest patch, due to my main storage world not converting. The update solved that. My son and I have been playing this evening, put in about an hour and a half. We haven't experienced any of the issues that people have been talking about with crashing on saving. There is one small bug that doesn't let us easily close chests when we're looking in them, sometimes we have to press circle twice.

My only issue with it now is that I'm getting old and my eyes are not what they used to be. The inventory menu/UI is extremely difficult for me to see. It could stand to be a bit larger if at all possible, and instituting an opacity slider would be fantastic. If it wasn't semi-transparent I don't think it would be as hard for me to see. So if you could do something about that for us older players with abysmal eyesight, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for getting these hotfixes out so that my kid and I can finally play our favorite family game.

doesn't let us easily close chests
I found that too, but pressing triangle does the job without any issue.
[doublepost=1516790655,1516790309][/doublepost]
Its the map visibility file causing the problem. If you don't care about exploring your map again just delete the map visibility file named 2525 or whatever, it just makes your map dark like when you first create your world
Will the map be dark forever? Or just need exploring again?

Also, how do I tell which map file is associated to which world file? They're all just numbers.

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet how the numbers tie into the world associated with them. My world was called world 1 but my visibility file was named 2525 or something, so they could be random numbers but the dates should tell you which go to which worlds. In any case yes we just have to explore the maps again, my dark map shows a small section where I'm at then several npc icons way up top just sitting there in the dark lol.

But when we do explore again, is it saved as it was before? Or is it permanently dark?

Also, once you delete the .map file, does the system automatically create a new one?

When you explore again, a new .map file is created and exploration progress is saved, so you won't remain permanently dark.

So what do we do after copying those files over and deleting them on the system, any way to copy them back over sometime? Like if another patch should fix it? would it be possible to use the better map save if not ever lost... I've copied and deleted the .map file and started up again and seems to work but the 1st save to make a new .map file is really laggy too like someone pressed pause or something for like 30sec or more or less, so also just wait that out.

Could also just start a new a world just to keep playing, same characters should still be playable. and still able to use the piggy bank, safe, if you have corruption try to get a crimson world or visa versa. or just use this new world get collect materials and blocks needed for the main world! for whenever a patch fixes it.

Also, how do I tell which map file is associated with which world file? They're all just numbers.
You look at the saved date and time!! They will all have the same info most of the time unless there was a crash some will be a different time but not by much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom