Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got console 1.3 and I love it. however the screen bounds go off of my TV. Not enough to make the game unplayable but just enough to bother me. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Hi @RPGizZLEE2, yes, we've been seeing that issue a bit. We're trying to get a solution for you guys.

I don't know how often you read these reports, but there is a big problem for me, and it makes the game unplayable. The inventory, I can't see anything in it. It is so small, and it blends in with the background. Make it bigger or less transparent. It's so hard to see what you have in your inventory.

I don't know how often you read these reports, but there is a big problem for me, and it makes the game unplayable. The inventory, I can't see anything in it. It is so small, and it blends in with the background. Make it bigger or less transparent. It's so hard to see what you have in your inventory.
They are listening to all feedback @Giova140, thanks for sharing your thoughts on how the UI looks in the update and what might need improvement.

Just got console 1.3 and I love it. however the screen bounds go off of my TV. I can only see the half the hotbar and the controls in the bottom corner are half off the screen also. Not enough to make the game completely unplayable but just enough to bother me. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
@RPGizZLEE2, have you tried adjusting the aspect ratio in your TV settings?

Last edited:
Will there be a legacy menu overlay option in a near patch? I'm really not a fan of the new crafting/equipment etc. menu layout on Xbox and having to navigate them on a controller is a pain. Also, the return of the d-pad quick select would be greatly appreciated too.

Will there be a legacy menu overlay option in a near patch? I'm really not a fan of the new crafting/equipment etc. menu layout on Xbox and having to navigate them on a controller is a pain. Also, the return of the d-pad quick select would be greatly appreciated too.
The d-pad quick select is an option in the controls menu.

The classic controls are nothing like they were. Everything on screen is tiny and it's basically unplayable! Finding the buffs took me a solid 15 minutes! Please fix these issues so I can enjoy the update. Please enlarge to inventory overall

#BRINGBACKLEADERBOARDS!
Hello! I wanted to make this post since I saw that the leaderboards were removed from the playstation version and hoped they might remain in Xbox but they didn't now i'm here because I feel like leaderboards are super important for players that want something to do post-game.

There's something really rewarding and fun about climbing the ranks in different categories whether it would be Mining blocks, defeating bosses and even walking. These introduce a new endgame for those players that really want to sink in time, a good amount of time. Although some players don't care for it there are some that thrived off them and made the game much more interesting to them, I am one of them!

I feel like once you've done everything an update has to offer, leaderboards (and Accomplishments) can be so good for increasing replay ability and introducing a fun competitive challenge that determined hardcore Terraria players can enjoy. I hope that this isn't a permanent thing and leaderboards can return to their glory!

#BRINGBACKLEADERBOARDS
Thank you,
Terrarian at heart, Jake.

I have the same issue in some areas its to hard to see the inventory and crafting screen. It's also very small text and we have to get up close to the screen even though I have a 60" TV lol.

Last edited:
Just installed 1.3 on Xbox.
It's looking realy good but I need to get used to the differences that's been made.
One thing I won't get used to is the transparent menus, it's a game breaker for us and my son and I won't play the game untill that is changed.

A real shame, we were looking so forward to 1.3 but these menus and text and background all blending together is horrible.

#BRINGBACKLEADERBOARDS!
Hello! I wanted to make this post since I saw that the leaderboards were removed from the playstation version and hoped they might remain in Xbox but they didn't now i'm here because I feel like leaderboards are super important for players that want something to do post-game.

There's something really rewarding and fun about climbing the ranks in different categories whether it would be Mining blocks, defeating bosses and even walking. These introduce a new endgame for those players that really want to sink in time, a good amount of time. Although some players don't care for it there are some that thrived off them and made the game much more interesting to them, I am one of them!

I feel like once you've done everything an update has to offer, leaderboards (and Accomplishments) can be so good for increasing replay ability and introducing a fun competitive challenge that determined hardcore Terraria players can enjoy. I hope that this isn't a permanent thing and leaderboards can return to their glory!

#BRINGBACKLEADERBOARDS
Thank you,
Terrarian at heart, Jake.
Why would anybody care about this? Any game not hosted on developer servers has leaderboards full of hackers. The old leaderboards for Terraria had this problem too.

Their response is always that they're only concentrating on bugs, and that they've read everything else and will eventually send all of the UI problems to the developers (and no solutions are guaranteed). In other words, don't hold your breath.

Also, you have to go into the controller settings menu & turn on the D-pad option literally every single time you start a game.

Last edited:
I would like to add my voice to the request to make the crafting text larger and the UI much less transparent. If you're anywhere with a busy background (such as the average player's storage area), then it is damn near IMPOSSIBLE to see anything. Also, things in the far right column of any chest have their text mixing with the chest options and the whole thing becomes an unreadable mess.

I have noticed that my spawn point does not seem to save, either. I had to reset my spawn in my main world, played for a while, then saved and exited, remembered there was something I wanted to check and went back in... and appeared right back at world spawn, not at the bed where I set my spawn before. That's more than a little frustrating considering that there might have been enemies waiting for me there.

Also, can we get the sprites for the NPCs on the main map to be larger, please? They're hard to see and it's difficult to make out which is which. My traveling merchant spawned and I could not find him on the map. Then he managed to get killed and I still have no idea where the flip he even was. Even zoomed in as close as I could get the NPC icons are really hard to make out, and they're too damn tiny to be very useful.

Last edited:
Why would anybody care about this? Any game not hosted on developer servers has leaderboards full of hackers. The old leaderboards for Terraria had this problem too.
On Xbox One their no modified leaderboards stats, if there was it wasn't impossible to top just take along time. Only issue was ghost stats (0 in all values but still at the top).

For example:
Top 1 person had 30k Hard mode bosses defeated in total which can be easily beaten
Top 1 traveller had about 120 million m travelled which can be done if you play the game long enough.
top 1 miner has 80 million blocks mined, easily beatable.

I personally achieved top 32 for bosses, and top 50 for mining.

Stuff on the screen is out of bounds.

1-2 second delay/lag when playing multiplayer that I didn't have before the update nor do I have it with any other game *Haven't tried single player yet since I mostly play multiplayer*

Menu changes feel terrible compared to how easy everything was before not to mention they feel unnecessary.

Experienced some freezes during blood moons when there was too much on the screen *Not too many though*

All in all, I have to say i'm pretty disappointed after it took so long to get the update out, the game almost feels unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom