Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks much!

No way to send save data from XB1 I’m afraid (bummer) - blood moon could be a coincidence or not. Will see.

The team was aware of (and already fixed) one issue tangentially related to this but this sounds new. As before, any and all data and info is valuable.

Anyone else besides the two folks in this thread have this happen? The more “shots on goal”, the easier it will be to sort it out.

Next blood moon, I’m gonna attempt what you did (though I’ve had three with no issues so far)

Is anyone else experiencing the lag with the solar eruption?

I think I submitted the bug report correctly(?)

Still having the issue though it seems less severe this afternoon through the evening on two seperate play sessions. Still can barely move if you can call it moving while swinging. Sad if this isn't an issue because I like this weapon but as it is this seems to be choosing between fight or flight vs. The other weapons I have utilized including the Terrablade.
I've found that happens once I've entered an underground ice biome. Do a before & after test and post the results.

Last edited:
@Loki

Both.

So day one and day two (possibly day three?) after update I enabled autosave after discovering the manual save was gone.

Play sessions lost data that should have had quite a few save points. Some was stuff that was partially complete so as if the save did work but not the subsequent auto save after.

Now I have auto save disabled and the flower still shows up but it is not actually saving... I saved and exited and then tested by playing until the flower appeared and stopped (testing design concepts for a doorway as the test confirmation subject) dashboarded instead of save and exit the doorways built were not retained... mind you this was with auto save disabled so they were not supposed to be saved.

The auto save sometimes saved the data but then I also lost at least an hour of work on a build expansion those first couple of days. I am not too butt hurt over the loss as I was on the fence about continuing in a legacy world.

Furthermore I haven't spent a great amount of testing regarding whether it is isolated to legacy vs. new large world or not. That is a possibility that you yourself probably will be unable to test given you fired up the console post update. (This actually just occurred to me, because the non working auto saves were isolated to all legacy worlds, I abandoned auto save after these incidents and then decided to kill time prepping a new large world for hardmode using only save and exit while the kinks got sorted out)

I can not commit any time to guarantee testing on that theory for the next two weeks though in reflection I personally have not utilized auto save in any of the new large world's created post update.
[doublepost=1519183478,1519183027][/doublepost]@ED209

Nope. Even excluding the time spent in multiplayer (not in ice biome until the end but he was using his solar eruption in my world for the duration of cultist battle no where near ice and then the pillar was in the ice biome... lag from start to finish. In his world no where near ice at all... like half a large legacy map away from the ice extreme lag)

In my multiple world's and tests... two large legacy and one large post update no where near ice biomes it is still the extreme lag.

It's actually kind of fun because the enemies sometimes get just the as stuck as I am... the sword is still swinging quickly but the enemies drops and my toon looks like they are seizing... I let enemies jump at me then see how long it takes them to hit me while aim down so the weapon can not hit them... also I can see the drops in slow motion so I can scan if it's something I wanna grab or leave be when they are behind me.

@Loki... the auto save is something I am not sure how to accurately test... sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt... the other issue is that the expenditure of time required to gather enough of a sample size to analyze to find common denominators seems daunting.
The other things I can test my theories by simply looking at what/where/how was I playing and narrow the field to what had all three as common factors and then duplicate to see if I still have the error... the saves... nothing I was doing was the same... other than it was in a legacy large world... which is something to go on I guess.

Issue is with it having saved part of the expansion I was working on but not all the way to the finish (I can't stand stopping and starting a project unless I run out of resources... but this particular project I had finished all but decorating) leads me to think there has to be something I missed in how the auto save is working/not working...and obviously it is bugging me but I don't have enough data to really go on, or the time to try to duplicate or fail to duplicate. Based on the other post the only common denominator for him/her is the blood moon... but I did not have a blood moon while I was building that project, nor any other event and that world is pre hardmode.

This is kinda fun because I like puzzles but in just trying to help I do not envy beta testers or you devs!

Thanks much!

No way to send save data from XB1 I’m afraid (bummer) - blood moon could be a coincidence or not. Will see.

The team was aware of (and already fixed) one issue tangentially related to this but this sounds new. As before, any and all data and info is valuable.

Anyone else besides the two folks in this thread have this happen? The more “shots on goal”, the easier it will be to sort it out.

Next blood moon, I’m gonna attempt what you did (though I’ve had three with no issues so far)
I’ve had it happen once, the auto save was on and I was playing split screen and my second player went to save and exit and the sunflower froze but we could still move on our screen. I went to also save and exit in hopes for it to actually save and exit but the whole game froze and crashed and we lost some building progress. Not much but I’m guessing about 5 minutes worth of building.

Video of this?

Next time I play, if it starts happening I'll see if I can grab some video.

I've had something weird happen with the Solar Eruption... just once so far, though. I was in my trophy room world (small-size legacy world) hunting underground in the cavern layer for nymphs so I can get a couple metal detectors. Broke into a spider cavern and was using the SE to clear the webs like any other melee player would do. SE suddenly goes invisible except for the particle effect it leaves behind and the falling webs are moving in slow motion. A wall crawler got caught in the swing and exploded in super slow motion... I thought I was seeing a solar eclipse sun through the background but that would be impossible since it's a pre-hardmode world and I was in the caverns. Then I realized I was watching an enemy I'd just hit explode almost frame-by-frame.

I thought my game was about to freeze/crash so I noped out of there as quickly as the save & exit allowed.

@Loki

Both.

So day one and day two (possibly day three?) after update I enabled autosave after discovering the manual save was gone.

Play sessions lost data that should have had quite a few save points. Some was stuff that was partially complete so as if the save did work but not the subsequent auto save after.

Now I have auto save disabled and the flower still shows up but it is not actually saving... I saved and exited and then tested by playing until the flower appeared and stopped (testing design concepts for a doorway as the test confirmation subject) dashboarded instead of save and exit the doorways built were not retained... mind you this was with auto save disabled so they were not supposed to be saved.

The auto save sometimes saved the data but then I also lost at least an hour of work on a build expansion those first couple of days. I am not too butt hurt over the loss as I was on the fence about continuing in a legacy world.

Furthermore I haven't spent a great amount of testing regarding whether it is isolated to legacy vs. new large world or not. That is a possibility that you yourself probably will be unable to test given you fired up the console post update. (This actually just occurred to me, because the non working auto saves were isolated to all legacy worlds, I abandoned auto save after these incidents and then decided to kill time prepping a new large world for hardmode using only save and exit while the kinks got sorted out)

I can not commit any time to guarantee testing on that theory for the next two weeks though in reflection I personally have not utilized auto save in any of the new large world's created post update.
[doublepost=1519183478,1519183027][/doublepost]@ED209

Nope. Even excluding the time spent in multiplayer (not in ice biome until the end but he was using his solar eruption in my world for the duration of cultist battle no where near ice and then the pillar was in the ice biome... lag from start to finish. In his world no where near ice at all... like half a large legacy map away from the ice extreme lag)

In my multiple world's and tests... two large legacy and one large post update no where near ice biomes it is still the extreme lag.

It's actually kind of fun because the enemies sometimes get just the as stuck as I am... the sword is still swinging quickly but the enemies drops and my toon looks like they are seizing... I let enemies jump at me then see how long it takes them to hit me while aim down so the weapon can not hit them... also I can see the drops in slow motion so I can scan if it's something I wanna grab or leave be when they are behind me.
Is it the same as this?:

Is it the same as this?:

That's pretty much how what I experienced looked. Come to think of it, that spider cave I broke into was right on the edge of an underground snow biome, too. I didn't notice my character moving slowly, but everything else certainly was.

That's pretty much how what I experienced looked. Come to think of it, that spider cave I broke into was right on the edge of an underground snow biome, too. I didn't notice my character moving slowly, but everything else certainly was.
Do you wear solar armour? I've noticed that if I enter the US biome wearing solar armour, even if I don't swing the eruption whilst in it, it bugs out afterwards. However, when I've been wearing stardust armour and done the same thing it doesn't seem to lag. My theory is it has something to do with a conflict of lighting effect between the biome and the solar armour.

Do you wear solar armour? I've noticed that if I enter the US biome wearing solar armour, even if I don't swing the eruption whilst in it, it bugs out afterwards. However, when I've been wearing stardust armour and done the same thing it doesn't seem to lag. My theory is it has something to do with a conflict of lighting effect between the biome and the solar armour.

I was wearing beetle armor. Gypsy robe, reindeer antlers, and silver boots in the vanity slots. Hadn't triggered the lunar events yet at that point.

@Loki: Wanted to mention a couple of things that might or might not matter in regards to the AutoSave crash...

1. New Post-Update, Large World

2. New Character

3. I have had Blood Moon events where I've Saved & Exited without issue between the crashes that I listed above so I really don't know if it's BM related but that was the only commonality when the crashes occurred. It was only after the second crash (with several play session between the 1st and 2nd with a couple of BMs thrown in) that I started to notice the BM connection.

4. The all of the crashes I noticed a quick flash of white as the BM started. Figured this was Lightning but can't say if it has happened during the BMs that didn't crash the game.

5. When the freeze happens I can still navigate and click on option in the main Menu but nothing happens.

6. I've seen others report this issue in several other threads so hopefully they'll come here to help the cause.

On another note...the overall lighting of the game seems to flash while moving when zoomed out completely. This is noticeable at all zoom levels to some degree except when fully zoomed in. Try it, it should be obvious.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I noticed a quick flash of white
This also happens for me, but not just with BM; the lunar events & Moon Lord also do it. I think it's when the backgrounds are meant to change and there's meant to be a seamless fade-in. It event happens when I'm near the lunar monoliths.

There is a known bug (found out last night) with Autosave OFF and Save and Exit sometimes hanging. The good news is that it has already been fixed in the next upcoming fix wave.

I can not commit any time to guarantee testing on that theory for the next two weeks though in reflection I personally have not utilized auto save in any of the new large world's created post update

Possible, this theory. Won't get too deep into those weeds, but Legacy and Multiplayer are the most often places where issues seem to congregate. MP will be easier to clean up. I have some ancient worlds (read: created the day of initial console launch on old gen) on my 360 that is sitting in the floor next to me. If I can scrape up the motivation to find all of the cables, etc. I may try to up/down my files. Thought I had cloud'd them before, but nope. :(

I've found that happens once I've entered an underground ice biome

Interesting. I've spent a ton of time in UG Ice on my play thus far with no issues. Legacy or New? Gear?

EDIT: I see where it may just be endgame gear that triggers the issue. Will check back periodically in my worlds.

I can't stand stopping and starting a project unless I run out of resources... but this particular project I had finished all but decorating

As the usual designated builder, I can understand that - I would be at full :sigh:stage.

This is kinda fun because I like puzzles but in just trying to help I do not envy beta testers or you devs!

Appreciate your help - any that you or anyone else can give. Terraria is a daunting beast to QA, if you think about it. Practically infinite variables. Will share that there are some world conversion bugs (for example) that are literally tied to one specific players' worlds that - as far as anyone can tell - do not occur in any other worlds.

I’ve had it happen once, the auto save was on and I was playing split screen and my second player went to save and exit and the sunflower froze but we could still move on our screen. I went to also save and exit in hopes for it to actually save and exit but the whole game froze and crashed and we lost some building progress. Not much but I’m guessing about 5 minutes worth of building.

PS4 or XB1? Cloud save?

4. The all of the crashes I noticed a quick flash of white as the BM started. Figured this was Lightning but can't say if it has happened during the BMs that didn't crash the game.

I have had this reported to me by another user in regards to other Filter Effects (the atmospheric effects you get with the towers or blood moon, etc) right as they start. I think this may be all related to that - a flash of white at changeover. Will be on the lookout for this myself as well.

I've spent a ton of time in UG Ice on my play thus far with no issues

I think it happens when anything made from solar fragments enter the ice biome; I get the lag once I've been in and left the UG ice - but I was wearing solar armour but didn't use the eruption (i went through on a minecart a few times and thought it was that to start with). I've since entered the UG ice biome while wearing stardust gear, and then left, and then used the eruption and no bug happened. My (uneducated) theory is that there are conflicting light codes/sprites/whatever between UG ice & solar fragment gear/equipment.

I think it happens when anything made from solar fragments enter the ice biome; I get the lag once I've been in and left the UG ice - but I was wearing solar armour but didn't use the eruption (i went through on a minecart a few times and thought it was that to start with). I've since entered the UG ice biome while wearing stardust gear, and then left, and then used the eruption and no bug happened. My (uneducated) theory is that there are conflicting light codes/sprites/whatever between UG ice & solar fragment gear/equipment.

Gotcha. Added to my list of stuff to try. (haven't been able to touch my playthrough today :( )

I'm still not getting a rain animation whenever slime fall from the sky. I assume this is a bug?

I had one slime rain and i thought I had it, but I wasn't closely paying attention. Will do so next time...and yeah that would be a visual bug if so.

Something else I need clarification on please.

When I use the guide for crafting. I put the item I want to ask about in the box. It gives me a list of everything I can craft directly overlapping what items are required to craft. Basically I'm trying to read what and where to craft something directly overlapping the description of the item.

I could have sworn the very first time I used the guide it gave me a menu more in the middle of the screen similar to when you press R1 twice while trying to craft.

If I'm not explaining myself very well I will get a picture asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom