Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abandoned? 2+ months? Are these seriously what people think? The last update came out on Feb 5th for Xbox and Jan 23 for PS4. That is a little over a month for XB1 and about a month and a half for PS4. Is everyone really so impatient that a few weeks is a sign that we are being ignored and forgotten? How often do you need to be updated? Weekly? Daily?

Everytime they come on here to give one of those updates, that is a large amount of time spent gathering information and writing it all up. Time that could have been spent making the updates is instead spent making the community feel remembered. This isn't some one man dev on twitter. They can't just give the answers you want off the top of their head because no single person has all of them.

If anyone thinks that Soon™ isn't a valid time estimate has never done any programming. It'll get done as fast as they can. Have more patience than this.

EDIT: Got my months mixed up, and listed a much shorter time from the last patch than it actually was. My point remains though, people need to be more patient.

Last edited:
This lack of updates is making it all feel like when a Kickstarter project is released, and then not supported anymore, beyond the programmer posting that he's "working on it". All they're doing here is making a lot of people abandon Terraria on consoles because nothing's being released. Try giving us some information, such as "Here's what we're working on right now for the next update, what's coming in the following ones, and an estimate for when it's coming (other than "soon").

And really guys, I don't think anyone would mind installing a few small patches from time to time instead of waiting for a single big one that may or may not come soon, or would even fix all of the problems at once (which of course isn't possible).

soon/so͞on/
adverb

in or after a short time.
used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter.

patch/paCH/
noun

a piece of cloth or other material used to mend or strengthen a torn or weak point.
a small piece of ground, especially one used for gardening.
a period of time seen as a distinct unit with a characteristic quality.
a temporary electrical or telephone connection.

verb

mend or strengthen (fabric or an item of clothing) by putting a piece of material over a hole or weak point in it.
connect by a temporary electrical, radio, or telephonic connection.

This isn't school, just my humor, dry as death.

I imagine Terraria being wrapped in a burial shroud now. Intent versus Impact.

Anyone have a shovel?

Abandoned? 2+ months? Are these seriously what people think? The last update came out on Feb 5th for Xbox and Jan 23 for PS4. That is exactly 2 weeks for PS4 and not even a single week for Xbox. Is everyone really so impatient that a week or 2 is a sign that we are being ignored and forgotten? How often do you need to be updated? Daily?

Everytime they come on here to give one of those updates, that is a large amount of time spent gathering information and writing it all up. Time that could have been spent making the updates is instead spent making the community feel remembered. This isn't some one man dev on twitter. They can't just give the answers you want off the top of their head because no single person has all of them.

If anyone thinks that Soon™ isn't a valid time estimate has never done any programming. It'll get done as fast as they can. Have more patience than this.

Most of the community had patience for years waiting for the update. Most of the complaints have been horrible multiplayer experiences, loss of data, and inability to properly see the UI. Follow the thread of thought and emotion back to how much we love(d) this game, our confusion of why it came out the way it did, and patience becomes only a virtue hidden behind a frustrated wall of customers.

There is hope. There always is. But for most of the world now, gratification is so instant we have lost our patience. 4-10 second video downloads, instant communication, and more media/games than anyone can possibly okay in a lifetime. Add in a small company struggling to stay afloat due to someone's inability to test in a perfect environment of pure chaos and yelling people? The result is a programming team struggling or told to "push it out". They might have said, "Hey, it's not ready". We don't know.

Yep. It's frustrating. It sucks. We want better,our game back. Whatever. I want my house full of kids to be laughing and shouting excitement as we play....but we aren't. It's staying in digital limbo.

I'm not blaming the programmers or testers or even community support. It just happens. Sucks, but it does.

So patience...and in the meantime either shelf it or grit your teeth. Patience is hard.

Could be worse. Could always be worse.

Unlikely. Honestly this is no different than similar methods on pc if people choose to cheat themselves of a legit experience. The safety of backups outweighs the risks of duplication exploits.
Alright, seems fair. Thanks for the quick response!

The last update came out on Feb 5th for Xbox and Jan 23 for PS4.
It is now March 10th. Thats a month and a few days for Xbox, longer for PS4. So I was wrong, but I would not be surprised if we do hit two months before the next patch.

I know there’s a lot to do. But a month gone by just for the world overwrite bug alone is not good. Just saying that more frequent patch releases as a few smaller bugs (or one major one) get fixed would be more welcome than one big patch every month and a half or so.

Once the game is actually stable and it goes to content releases, that pace is much more acceptable.

It is now March 10th. Thats a month and a few days for Xbox, longer for PS4. So I was wrong, but I would not be surprised if we do hit two months before the next patch.

I know there’s a lot to do. But a month gone by just for the world overwrite bug alone is not good. Just saying that more frequent patch releases as a few smaller bugs (or one major one) get fixed would be more welcome than one big patch every month and a half or so.

Once the game is actually stable and it goes to content releases, that pace is much more acceptable.
Yep, I did get my months mixed up when I wrote that. Still, I don't consider a month unreasonable in software development. No matter how important the bug is, fixing some stuff just takes time. I don't want the devs killing themselves in crunch time to fix a bug that has a workaround, even if the workaround is annoying.

Hopefully soon - I know everyone wanted it sooner... but sometimes fixes break other stuff and then you have to fix that stuff and so on.

Next one should should be close - and plans in place for what to tackle after that have been discussed as well.

Sorry for the delay.

You should definitely keep everything but the inventory. I think the way it was would be great personally...
Also how would a change the game so it fits my screen?

After the update, have the bosses changed at all? got easier or more challenging? I was just curious.

They've got new AI in expert mode. Plus double the health and double the damage output.

I was clearing out some space in my underground crimson to farm souls and dug through the bottom of a large underground lake. As I was swimming up through the flowing water my character went invisible. Equipping my mount made her visible again, so not a major bug or anything related to the dye, just weirdness.

That UI is just ridiculous. I might be good on PC, but not so good for console because we can't move the cursor so quickly because werewnot using a mouse. I'd want the old UI back, and I'm not the only one. I've seen a lot of PC players say they wish they had the old console UI instead of the current one.

The fact thay you guys took the pinch to zoom ability away from PS4. I understand you guys wanted all the platforms to be a close to the same across the board, but come on. Why not use a system to it's full capabilities?

This goes along with UI, but I feel I need to mention it separately. The font in the inventory screen is absurdly too small. As someone who doesn't have the best eye sight, as a good amount of your other players probably have as well, it's extremely difficult for me to see item fonts. Be it names, stats, enemy name, whatever uses font. That need to be bigger. Also, get rid of that font pulsing effect that doesn't help and it's annoying.

If the game could remember where my cursor was when I switch from my inventory and the crafting menu, that'd be swell. Annoying to have it in a specific spot, switch the the crafting menu to make something, and go back to the inventory and it's back in the top left.

Yo-yos, while cool and fun on PC, are clunky and hard to use on console. With both cursor types. At least for me.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot. Make it so we can make multiplayer games private. Frustrating to be playing with friends and randoms come into my world looting everything. I either have to immediately quit, or hope I have a very current map save in my cloud storage. I have no idea how that was over looked.

Yes, DEFINITELY give us the ability to make multiplayer games private or invite-only. I've had people come into my world during boss fights and steal the boss loot, or the boss spawns on them (Moon Lord especially) and kill all my NPCs in the process. I've worked hard to get the stuff I have and I don't want someone I don't know stealing from me

Yes, DEFINITELY give us the ability to make multiplayer games private or invite-only. I've had people come into my world during boss fights and steal the boss loot, or the boss spawns on them (Moon Lord especially) and kill all my NPCs in the process. I've worked hard to get the stuff I have and I don't want someone I don't know stealing from me

A LAN option would be nice. Although Terraria is 10 bucks on PC, we just bought another copy and went to the PC version since it has controller support, UI scaling, loads incredibly quicker, it's much more stable, has LAN play, and is updated often. Sorry but the console version is just a buggy mess.

Hey, @Loki, I would like to report that today while doing the lunar event I had another notice of approaching goblins. This time they appeared so promptly that I was fighting them and the enemies from the vortex pillar simultaneously. So that last time I got the approaching goblin notice while killing lunar pillars and they failed to ever appear was due to that multiplayer bug, because I was playing co-op at the time. Today I was playing alone and it worked fine.

Hey, @Loki, I would like to report that today while doing the lunar event I had another notice of approaching goblins. This time they appeared so promptly that I was fighting them and the enemies from the vortex pillar simultaneously. So that last time I got the approaching goblin notice while killing lunar pillars and they failed to ever appear was due to that multiplayer bug, because I was playing co-op at the time. Today I was playing alone and it worked fine.

Thanks - that matches my experience. On my SP worlds, I have yet to have any event spawning issues.

Here's another one for the weird files...

I was in my hardmode corrupt world (another legacy world) with my melee character, looking for the hardmode ores, and while flying across the surface a Martian probe found me. Cue invasion. I took shelter under the overhang of the dungeon to keep from getting hit by the saucer's deathray while I swatted at it with my Solar Eruption. Every time I got hit by one of the tesla turrets, my character, mount, weapons, everything but the particle effects from my light pet and the SE turned invisible. But as soon as the Shocked debuff wore off she would return to full visibility.

Are you planning on adding the etherian event to the console updates? I favor its items and I enjoy fighting Betsy on the computer, but I also favor the xbox 1 version of the game, despite the wip bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom