Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loki, were the world heights changed with the update? I keep getting harpies and wyverns pestering me when I'm near the ground in my main world, when I had to be up near the very top of the map for them to spawn before.

Last edited:
Is there an approximate date for updating? The local multiplayer is quite annoying to play because pets, summoners and various weapon projectiles disappear.

@Loki, were the world heights changed with the update? I keep getting harpies and wyverns pestering me when I'm near the ground in my main world, when I had to be up near the very top of the map for them to spawn before.

For NEW worlds, they match PC-spec sizes. Older console worlds might be a touch smaller.

No adjustments were made to spawn heights that I know of - unless that was another thing that Engine fiddled with that we did not know about.

the save and exit glitch just happened again, im done with your game, someone reply to me if they ever decide to fix this, i had enough of this bs of wasting hours at a time, this has been a known glitch for xbox one for over a month now, A MONTH

For NEW worlds, they match PC-spec sizes. Older console worlds might be a touch smaller.

No adjustments were made to spawn heights that I know of - unless that was another thing that Engine fiddled with that we did not know about.

They're appearing at lower elevations. Before they only appeared up at and above the level where gravity goes funky, at the top of the map. Now I can be flying at maybe half that and there will be harpies and wyverns attacking me. Can't go anywhere without a summon to deal with pests.

They're appearing at lower elevations. Before they only appeared up at and above the level where gravity goes funky, at the top of the map. Now I can be flying at maybe half that and there will be harpies and wyverns attacking me. Can't go anywhere without a summon to deal with pests.

What elevation, height-wise (using GPS)? That will tell us if it is as expected or not. Really, anything around floating island height or higher is typically fair game for Wyvern spawns.

What elevation, height-wise (using GPS)? That will tell us if it is as expected or not. Really, anything around floating island height or higher is typically fair game for Wyvern spawns.

Not even floating island height. I'll check elevations when I'm on later

Not even floating island height. I'll check elevations when I'm on later

Perfect, thanks. I will do the same on my play now that I am in HM (yes, I am playing slowly and methodically... that and my time is severely limited)

I've been playing this game for years. I love terraria and always eagerly awaited updates. No matter how long I'm gone I always come back to it. But this update is so bad I made an account just to tell you guys how frustrating you've made this game to play.

The UI is terrible and confusing. I can no longer cloud save which I actively used often. I no longer have a crafting menu which every other crafting game in existence uses unintended feature or no there is no reason to remove something people actively use. Not that I believe that was an unintended feature because it wasn't.

I shouldn't have to suffer through changes this user unfriendly and just plain bad. I just want to play and enjoy your game now I can't because of awkward controls, a terrible interface in every aspect, changes made to force me to use an in game guide who isn't useful in the slightest.....

Honestly as a long term and loyal player I have to say I feel a little betrayed as cliche as it is to say. Hell id even be ok with the changes if guide was given the crafting list instead and a menu opaque slider was added to the options. Maybe an option to choose the older UI or the new version. But instead you took away useful features like cloud saving and crafting menus then forced me into an eye sore of a menu. I honestly can't play the game as it is and what's worse is I've lost more than a little respect for you guys. I've always introduced this game to friends and even bought multiple versions because I love this game. Very disappointed with you guys.

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks. I will do the same on my play now that I am in HM (yes, I am playing slowly and methodically... that and my time is severely limited)

Harpy harassment starts at 340', in the surface layer. That's below any of my existing sky islands. Any higher and the wyverns come to join the party.

I think there's a similar bug with the world feeders from the corruption as there is with the solar pillar's crawltipede. I made a suspended mini-Corrupt fishing hole out of ebonstone, so I have been getting world feeders periodically. Have been using a sentry to deal with them so I can fish in peace. But every time the sentry attacks one my tally counter says "kill count unavailable". Which means that like the crawltipede, the world feeder banner is unobtainable unless you got one to drop pre-1.3.

Last edited:
Harpy harassment starts at 340', in the surface layer. That's below any of my existing sky islands. Any higher and the wyverns come to join the party.

Map size?

Legacy or post-1.3 created world?

I made a suspended mini-Corrupt fishing hole out of ebonstone, so I have been getting world feeders periodically. Have been using a sentry to deal with them so I can fish in peace. But every time the sentry attacks one my tally counter says "kill count unavailable"

Went into my underground corruption and I can confirm that I see the same thing for World Feeders ("killcount unavailable"). Not sure about WF spawns up high, I will have to try that later.

On my post-1.3 medium world, harpies/wyverns are not showing until I get into the 650-700+ elevation.

Map size?

Legacy or post-1.3 created world?

Went into my underground corruption and I can confirm that I see the same thing for World Feeders ("killcount unavailable"). Not sure about WF spawns up high, I will have to try that later.

On my post-1.3 medium world, harpies/wyverns are not showing until I get into the 650-700+ elevation.

Legacy world. Was large size in 1.2.4 but now says "medium"

I've been playing this game for years. I love terraria and always eagerly awaited updates. No matter how long I'm gone I always come back to it. But this update is so bad I made an account just to tell you guys how frustrating you've made this game to play.

The UI is terrible and confusing. I can no longer cloud save which I actively used often. I no longer have a crafting menu which every other crafting game in existence uses unintended feature or no there is no reason to remove something people actively use. Not that I believe that was an unintended feature because it wasn't.

I shouldn't have to suffer through changes this user unfriendly and just plain bad. I just want to play and enjoy your game now I can't because of awkward controls, a terrible interface in every aspect, changes made to force me to use an in game guide who isn't useful in the slightest.....

Honestly as a long term and loyal player I have to say I feel a little betrayed as cliche as it is to say. Hell id even be ok with the changes if guide was given the crafting list instead and a menu opaque slider was added to the options. Maybe an option to choose the older UI or the new version. But instead you took away useful features like cloud saving and crafting menus then forced me into an eye sore of a menu. I honestly can't play the game as it is and what's worse is I've lost more than a little respect for you guys. I've always introduced this game to friends and even bought multiple versions because I love this game. Very disappointed with you guys.
Boi.

I figured after such a long wait I should try out the latest patch and see if the game has been fixed. Some small issues are fixed, I noticed you don't get stuck in infinite chest opening loops any longer.

But all the major issues still remain and after 10 minutes or so Terraria was once again uninstalled.

The UI is still the big killer, and in some ways it even seems worse as many elements of text seem to have been intentionally REDUCED in size, which seems utterly insane.

Crafting has been untouched and is still a complete game ender of an experience. How anyone thinks it's acceptable to have the major gameplay element shoved off to a single Disorganized, Uncategorized scrolling list that shows THREE items onscreen at any time (of potentially hundreds) is beyond me. I don't think I'll bother seeing if future patches have fixed things until I hear there's significant changes to the UI.

Was doing Moon Lord kills today and the game was weirdly laggy now and then. Especially while fighting the pillars and the boss himself. My character uses the SDMG, which is a very rapid-firing gun, and the slowed firing speed was quite obvious.

I also inadvertently discovered that 1.3 did not break modded item stacks... I loaded my magic character to put the rainbow crystal staff and the last prism on her, and she has modded stacks of 99 super mana potions in her inventory. They still work fine and don't seem to cause any issues.

Got the graphical error on the character select screen by switching from my magic character to my general-use pack-mule character to move the contents of one chest to another, then to my summoner to finish reforging her gear. When I tried to switch to my ranger, the character images were all weird text. So I exited and relogged.

World Feeders ("killcount unavailable")
There are two types of bug with worm AI mobs:
  • Some have to be killed by a head shot or they don't show up on the tally, this is why Crawltipedes are stuck at 0, as they can only be killed by hitting their tail. Bone serpents, giant worms, tomb crawlers and dune splicers are also on this list
  • Some worms are showing KCA, but they still drop banners. I had the same issue with devourers but then I killed one and got it's banner.
@Cyberra sharknados are great against worms while fishing as they act like a forcefield as the worm ploughs into you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom