Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any information on the update this morning? I got to start it before heading out to work but not sure what the update includes?

Any information on the update this morning? I got to start it before heading out to work but not sure what the update includes?

Not aware of any update this morning... unless you mean the one from last week and you just didn't have it downloaded yet?

If you mean the update from last week, it was bug fixes. The text no longer pulses and is actually halfway readable... I can actually reforge an item and be able to read the modifier text while sitting on my bed instead of needing to stand right up in front of the TV squinting at it, the new dyes no longer make things invisible, and they squashed the multiplayer world overwrite bug. Plus a bunch of other stuff.

the new dyes no longer make things invisible
Not true; I equipped some dyes to test it out and there was an odd vertical line of invisibility that followed me. It made solid blocks invisible but background objects were unaffected. It reminded me of "The Nothing " from The Never-Ending Story.

Not true; I equipped some dyes to test it out and there was an odd vertical line of invisibility that followed me. It made solid blocks invisible but background objects were unaffected. It reminded me of "The Nothing " from The Never-Ending Story.

My vanity wings vanished briefly on me today. Dismounted from my UFO and my fishron wings were showing... I have Cenx's wings in the vanity slot with the burning hades dye equipped. Vanity wings and dye did not show up. Flapped around a bit and they reappeared.

I've been having a lot less things turn invisible on me since the update.

Screen or video of this effect?

@Loki
Yes it was I guess the previous update or patch. Been busy with work but happened to finally see it was ready that day.

Thank you for the information @cybera!

Excited to get back into playing!

I was hunting for ice golems in the snow biome during rain in my game today. Got hit by one of the laser beams they fire and my character turned transparent. Not invisible, but completely faded and see-through. Getting back into my UFO mount fixed it, but it was quite a weird effect.

The UI is so bad, this game is unplayable. To say this is disappointing is quite an understatement because I have bought Terraria three different times for different consoles and it was one of my favorite games. The crafting menu is HORRIBLE. It's too bad that the response to this feedback seems to be "the UI isn't changing, get used to it, people don't like change, too bad". I've purchased this game over and over and over and if the crafting menu stays this way I really don't see myself playing Terraria anymore. I shouldn't have to Google how to do the most basic things because the UI is so unintuitive. Crafting is horrible. HORRIBLE. I can't believe how long it took me to figure out how to make a bed, and even then it was a living wood bed because that's the only damn station that let me make one. Where are all the recipes? How do I know what the hell station I'm supposed to use to make something, besides going to each one individually and pressing RB RB RB and straining my eyes to see what is available to craft there out of only the materials I happen to be currently carrying. If it is easy for you to use, it's probably because you know more about the inner workings of the game than any of us ever will. But if someone who's been playing Terraria for years is this frustrated trying to do the most basic crafting with this new UI then probably you should have CONSOLE players testing the console version. I was so excited for this update and now I don't even want to play the game anymore because the UI is so irritating. I wish I could go back to before the update because this has just ruined the game for me. It isn't fun anymore. I cannot believe how stubbornly you are defending this insanely crappy interface and expecting people to adapt to it. It's awful. This breaks the game for me. I can't enjoy it anymore. I tried.

@Loki any chance you can bring the tutorial music box back? It makes sense as we still have a tutorial...
What's the problem with the tutorial music box? I just checked my stash and sure there it was. It plays fine as well. The only weird thing is the hilight and that it shows a Black Recluse banner when hovering above it. I should probably report that.
Tutorial Music Box Playingg.png

Last edited:
The UI is so bad, this game is unplayable. To say this is disappointing is quite an understatement because I have bought Terraria three different times for different consoles and it was one of my favorite games. The crafting menu is HORRIBLE. It's too bad that the response to this feedback seems to be "the UI isn't changing, get used to it, people don't like change, too bad". I've purchased this game over and over and over and if the crafting menu stays this way I really don't see myself playing Terraria anymore. I shouldn't have to Google how to do the most basic things because the UI is so unintuitive. Crafting is horrible. HORRIBLE. I can't believe how long it took me to figure out how to make a bed, and even then it was a living wood bed because that's the only damn station that let me make one. Where are all the recipes? How do I know what the hell station I'm supposed to use to make something, besides going to each one individually and pressing RB RB RB and straining my eyes to see what is available to craft there out of only the materials I happen to be currently carrying. If it is easy for you to use, it's probably because you know more about the inner workings of the game than any of us ever will. But if someone who's been playing Terraria for years is this frustrated trying to do the most basic crafting with this new UI then probably you should have CONSOLE players testing the console version. I was so excited for this update and now I don't even want to play the game anymore because the UI is so irritating. I wish I could go back to before the update because this has just ruined the game for me. It isn't fun anymore. I cannot believe how stubbornly you are defending this insanely crappy interface and expecting people to adapt to it. It's awful. This breaks the game for me. I can't enjoy it anymore. I tried.
Just put all of your crafting stations next to each other surrounding the chest with the ingredients. That way, you'll always be in the right place.
[doublepost=1523272250,1523272009][/doublepost]
What's the problem with the tutorial music box? I just checked my stash and sure there it was. It plays fine as well. The only weird thing is the hilight and that it shows a Black Recluse banner when hovering above it. I should probably report that.
View attachment 197722
Weird. All of mine turned to surface crimson boxes (although all of the boxes changed into other boxes when 1.3 kicked in). The wiki says the tutorial box is old-gen only.

Weird. All of mine turned to surface crimson boxes (although all of the boxes changed into other boxes when 1.3 kicked in). The wiki says the tutorial box is old-gen only.
Maybe there was a conversion issue that they fixed in a update. You are on PS4 while I'm on Xbox so you have had a few more updates.

This was day 1 of the update though. I've just looked into the recipe, and it requires the "boss 4" (Ocram) music box, which was axed.

This was day 1 of the update though. I've just looked into the recipe, and it requires the "boss 4" (Ocram) music box, which was axed.
You're right, It doesn't seem possible to craft it anymore. The music boxes that's in the recipe, they aren't material anymore so there's no recipe that requires them.

Just put all of your crafting stations next to each other surrounding the chest with the ingredients. That way, you'll always be in the right place.

This - and you can also access crafting from an open chest AND you can show the Guide materials and he will give you a run-down of what is possible if you have forgotten a specific recipe.

Does it display this as a recipe in game or only on the wiki?

Does it display this as a recipe in game or only on the wiki?
Only on the wiki. I've just tried checking with the huide and it does come up, but the music for Queen Bee has changed, so I assume the old "boss 4" music is gone(?).

Also, the old space music, which is an ingredient of the tutorial music box, disappears once it has recorded:

I'm going to try it with the new "space" & "boss 4" tracks and see what happens.

I just assumed that it was gone because;
a) the wiki said so, and
b) it was overwritten when the update launched. However, lots of others were too; "underground crimson" was overwritten by "lunar boss", and "ocean" was overwritten by "overworld - day".

On a side-note the Tutorial music box do have a recipe attached to it. It is listed as a material and when I take it to the Guide he shows an empty recipe that requires the crystal ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom