Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After stacks 8 and 9 of power cells today, the haul: Skiphs x3, Cenx's armor x2, Will's x2, D-Town's x2, Jim's x1. Loki's continues to be elusive.

Went through my first post-plantera expert mode solar eclipse today. And I completely forgot that expert mode health regen sucks without the Well Fed buff. Gonna need to grab some of my bajillion stacks of cooked fish from my main world before my next Golem farming session.

Is there any news on how multiplayer on ps4 is going? Last time I checked in it was when the Mar. 28th patch was launched but it never fixed the frame freezes that you experience in multiplayer mode.

Thanks

Hoping to get some help with the expert mode Moon Lord this weekend. I really want to get at least one kill on him and get his expert mode stuff. Then it's just a matter of farming Golem till the bugger yields Loki's set.

The vanity set I would badly love to have for my character, though, is the mythical set. The lion dancer mask and robe. I want it so freaking bad. But that's an unobtainable mobile thing :(

Managed to round up two other players in addition to myself and my friend and finally got an expert mode Moon Lord kill. There was some lag (there were a lot of sentries and summons in use, and someone was using a Nebula Blaze alongside a Vortex Beater) but it was still manageable. In the end I was the only one left alive flying crazy loops with Moon Lord chasing me, and I got the kill with one heart left.

...and one of the other two players got Loki's dev set in the treasure bag *headdesk*

Am halfway through my tenth stack of lihizahrd power cells looking for that set and one of the other players gets it randomly in a Moon Lord bag. I have a strong suspicion that Loki (the Norse god of mischief, possibly also Loki from Re-Logic) is rolling on the floor laughing at me today.

The multiplayer tally counter reset bug is still alive and well. Thankfully it's confined to the world being played in multiplayer, and thankfully I'd gotten the important banners already (ice elemental and ice golem, since my Golem farming platform is in a snow biome) or brought the important banners with me from my main world (everything solar eclipse)

Last edited:
As far as I know, that is just a general "catch all" crash code on PS4. Is it isolated to one given world or does it occur to you on multiple worlds? If the former, have you sent that world into PW before?
Nope, it happens across the board, both legacy and new worlds. It even did it just now on the main menu.

Nope, it happens across the board, both legacy and new worlds. It even did it just now on the main menu.

Is this after the game has been open for a while or does it happen even when its been closed and opened for not that long at all?

It's usually over an hour. It sounds like you're familiar with this issue.

No, I just know there were some past possible/sporadic crashes that had something to do with time-since-last-close. The current fix-wave has been going on for a time, so it may have been addressed in that one already (I am not sure on that, but will check the changelog whenever I have one - there is a good bit in this next one).

Hopefully so. :)

No, I just know there were some past possible/sporadic crashes that had something to do with time-since-last-close. The current fix-wave has been going on for a time, so it may have been addressed in that one already (I am not sure on that, but will check the changelog whenever I have one - there is a good bit in this next one).

Is the tally counter reset bug in the next round of fixes? I've had people ask to visit my main world but I can't let anyone in without the counter resetting and losing all my progress toward rare banners.

Fair enough. Is there a list of what's being addressed this "fix wave"? I was hoping for some specific fixes:

• Non-solid bubble blocks
  • Visible water/lava/honey droppers
  • Mutlipayer tally count reset
  • Basilisks drop their banners
  • Crawltipedes drop their banners
I've made special mention of these as they seem like oversights as opposed to bugs, and would therefore be easy to address (sorry if that sounds presumptuous).

Is the tally counter reset bug in the next round of fixes? I've had people ask to visit my main world but I can't let anyone in without the counter resetting and losing all my progress toward rare banners.

I don't have a full list sitting here, no - I just catch snippets of what is being discussed.

• Non-solid bubble blocks
  • Visible water/lava/honey droppers
  • Mutlipayer tally count reset
  • Basilisks drop their banners
  • Crawltipedes drop their banners

See above, but my observation is that there are bigger fish in the frying pan, so to speak. Like that aforementioned Transparency solution... the zoom bug and so on. We shall see, I suppose.

Damn.... I haven't been to this thread in so long. A lot of bugs and not much news about them being fixed. Does anybody know when the next Bug Fix for Xbox One is? Because ever since the last "patch" not much has changed in the game so far. It is still very buggy and on a multiplayer session, it lags for insane amounts of time making the game near impossible to play at times... :C

Last edited:
I don't have a full list sitting here, no - I just catch snippets of what is being discussed.

See above, but my observation is that there are bigger fish in the frying pan, so to speak. Like that aforementioned Transparency solution... the zoom bug and so on. We shall see, I suppose.
OK. I only mentioned those issues because they seem to be small issues (but I know nothing about programming). If we're waiting for the big things to be fixed before these little ones, then they might not be fixed for ages.

OK. I only mentioned those issues because they seem to be small issues (but I know nothing about programming). If we're waiting for the big things to be fixed before these little ones, then they might not be fixed for ages.

Nature of bug triage, I’m afraid. Same situation on PC. Doesn’t mean it won’t ever get addressed just that they have to work down the list.

@Loki, I clicked on the player list instead of the housing list while checking where my NPCs were set, and the picture was all weird and distorted. It looked like something had been smeared over it.

uK6WBsA.jpg

I finally got Loki's dev set today. That ends my Golem farming for the time being... The other 30 stacks of power cells can wait until Arkahlis' and Lienfors' dev sets are added.

Last edited:
@Loki, I clicked on the player list instead of the housing list while checking where my NPCs were set, and the picture was all weird and distorted. It looked like something had been smeared over it.

Known cosmetic bug, pretty sure its related to the same one that sometimes appears on the map/minimap.

I don't know why but I keep getting this glitch since the recent update where the number next to things in my inventory will disappear so I can't see how much of whatever it is I have got. It is only when I click on the item, that the number reappears which can sometimes be just that number coming back or all the numbers in my inventory.

Known cosmetic bug, pretty sure its related to the same one that sometimes appears on the map/minimap.

Ah, ok. Figured I'd report it just in case.

I don't know why but I keep getting this glitch since the recent update where the number next to things in my inventory will disappear so I can't see how much of whatever it is I have got. It is only when I click on the item, that the number reappears which can sometimes be just that number coming back or all the numbers in my inventory.

Happens to me pretty much every time I go to buy something from/sell something to my NPCs. And half the time when I open a chest. It is rather irritating. Hopefully it's on the fix list, too.

So, the day is finally here! You have Console Terraria 1.3 in your hands at last - so as you dig ever deeper into the tons of new content and features, come back here and let us know what you think.

Do not report Bugs here - those should be reported via the Official Bug Reporting Form > CLICK HERE FOR THAT

This thread is for more subjective feedback about how you feel about the changes and content. Keep in mind a few things while doing so:
  • As the 1.3 content itself is well ingrained into the game at this point, changes to that functionality are less likely (and keep in mind that 1.3.1 - 1.3.5 will evolve it once those come)
  • There are some definite changes to the way Console operates as well as the UI, etc. Feedback on that is welcome.
  • Keep it constructive. Please leave any personal attacks and the like at home. :)
  • Keep it focused. Make it easier for the dev teams to read and understand the feedback being given. Posts that stray too far from this may be removed and/or action taken.

index.php

That said, we are all interested to hear what you think!

My mini map still isn't loading. I lose all the progress i made on it when i leave the game. When its loading in the beginning, the last thing to load is map data and it stops at 1% and takes me into the game. I submitted a ticket for it but i haven't heard anything back yet
[doublepost=1525337957,1525337534][/doublepost]
560px-Dragon_Mask_-Console-_Adamantite_Helmet.png

please add these menus as an option back to this made the console version better then the pc version. if I wanted the pc version style menus and controls I would play that version. i have been told to Hit options, then use L2/R2 to zoom

Oh my gosh yes i totally agree with you!!! The new crafting screen is far more complicated than before. I really don't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom