Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume it's a known issue that on occasion the map resets to completely unexplored yes?
Haven't found any realy game breaking bugs yet but this is very very inconvenient.
My whole map is black again, I just defeated Plantera btw.

Last edited:
I assume it's a known issue that on occasion the map resets to completely unexplored yes?
Haven't found any realy game breaking bugs yet but this is very very inconvenient.
My whole map is black again, I just defeated Plantera btw.
It has been reported before, but more information is always helpful in tracking down bugs. You can add your report here. Try to include as much about what you were doing before it happened as you can. You never know when some silly detail is actually important.

@Loki @ClearConscious I've just lost a week's worth of building. I went to reload the game after yet another crash, and when I selected the world it said that it was corrupted. So, left with no other choice, I downloaded the last auto save, which was apparently a week ago. I'd spent a long time this week getting everything almost finished and ready for my showcase, and now I've got to do it all again. Again.

I've tried to be diplomatic whenever I submit an issue on here, but this is getting beyond stupid now; what are you people actually doing? In my long, LONG, years of gaming on consoles I've never come across a job as badly done as Terraria 1.3.

Yeah, it's sad.. Seems like the pipework team is just too small to handle all the work to be done. 1.3 released over 5 months ago, forums is almost dead (console) and there have not been a new patch to fix the gamebreakimg issues yet.. Probably after summer's over. Soon

So now each colour slime drops a different colour gel. Cool. However I killed a red slime and got red gel titled gel and when I placed it over blue coloured gel in my inventory it all turns into red coloured gel for some strange reason.
Also, why is there two music's for space and ocean but only one music box? When you click it or equip the music box for space or ocean it can play either of the two music types. It just seems strange how there's underground and underground alternative but there isn't for space and ocean.

So now each colour slime drops a different colour gel. Cool. However I killed a red slime and got red gel titled gel and when I placed it over blue coloured gel in my inventory it all turns into red coloured gel for some strange reason.
Also, why is there two music's for space and ocean but only one music box? When you click it or equip the music box for space or ocean it can play either of the two music types. It just seems strange how there's underground and underground alternative but there isn't for space and ocean.

Are they old pre-update music boxes? 1.3 has new music for space and the ocean and it messes up music boxes made before the update.

The different colored slime is just a visual thing. Put more blue in and it'll all turn blue. The only slime that's different is pink slime.

Are they old pre-update music boxes? 1.3 has new music for space and the ocean and it messes up music boxes made before the update.
They are old music boxes however the new ones I collect do the same thing. There is also two music's that can play when I go to space or the ocean.

They are old music boxes however the new ones I collect do the same thing. There is also two music's that can play when I go to space or the ocean.

Weird. Mine don't do that, though mine are all post-1.3. My issue was that when I tried to record music the music box would vanish from the equip slot when it changed from empty to whatever I was trying to record, and exiting/relaunching the game cleared that up.

Weird. Mine don't do that, though mine are all post-1.3. My issue was that when I tried to record music the music box would vanish from the equip slot when it changed from empty to whatever I was trying to record, and exiting/relaunching the game cleared that up.
That happened to me too when I was recording one. Also I forgot to mention that when I was moving my music boxes and picked them up, overworld day duplicated and I got two. Also I got two when I recorded goblin invasion somehow. I think my wire cutter also duplicated too a while ago and now I have two though I can't remember exactly how it happened.

I lost all discovered ground on the map before in my single player world but this morning the world my son and I play in had a map reset too.
We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, we just started playing in splitscreen as usual.
This is a very annoying bug, we hope this will be fixed soon.

Still no word on when we can expect the next patch?
This is taking awfully long peeps!!

what are you people actually doing

They are fixing bugs. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell with this latest one, every time the team thinks they are done, something else breaks (often unrelated to the initial issue - such is the nature of bug fixing, especially "large" ones). So, it becomes a treadmill of sorts - but one on which progress is being made... at the same time, releasing the patch with those new issues would just be irresponsible.

Rest assured that we are pushing and directing the work as best as we can - the rest is just waiting on it to be completed and then getting it out to everyone. I suspect this round has taken way longer than ANYONE expected (for the reasons listed above)... :(

I feel rather glad that the biggest pain in the backside I've come across has been my Xbox 360's disk tray jamming shut. Haven't really experienced any of the major bugs except for the SE lag issue, and the last time was just after the last patch. The biggest annoyance in the game for me is the multiplayer tally counter reset bug. I haven't even had anything turn invisible lately.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this before, but one way to possibly improve the inventory UI would be to make the "tab" that you are on at the moment larger to take up most of the screen, rather than have them be the same size no matter what.

In other words, if you are in your inventory, then the inventory would take up most of the screen, then if you switch to the equip tab that would take up most of the screen. This way, it would bring focus to what you are doing and make it easier to see.

Another very slight addition would be two button indicators to tell the player what to press to get to what tabs. For example to get from the inventory to crafting, it would show "LB" or "L1".

They are fixing bugs. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell with this latest one, every time the team thinks they are done, something else breaks (often unrelated to the initial issue - such is the nature of bug fixing, especially "large" ones). So, it becomes a treadmill of sorts - but one on which progress is being made... at the same time, releasing the patch with those new issues would just be irresponsible.

Rest assured that we are pushing and directing the work as best as we can - the rest is just waiting on it to be completed and then getting it out to everyone. I suspect this round has taken way longer than ANYONE expected (for the reasons listed above)... :(

Let's hope the team can solve this bug as soon as possible but even more important without any other unforeseen things broken.
For us as players but also for the team.
I wish them all the best.

At the moment the resetting map is the most annoying bug but we're still having fun.
Btw, did they buff Duke Fishron? Ugh we can't remember him being this hard on Xbox 360 lol.

Let's hope the team can solve this bug as soon as possible but even more important without any other unforeseen things broken.
For us as players but also for the team.
I wish them all the best.

At the moment the resetting map is the most annoying bug but we're still having fun.
Btw, did they buff Duke Fishron? Ugh we can't remember him being this hard on Xbox 360 lol.

Duke Fishbreath enrages now if you get away from the ocean, the way plantera does if you leave the underground jungle. It's no longer feasible to use the run-and-shoot-backward trick to taking him down. And for expert mode he's had a major AI change that makes him much, much harder.

I lost all discovered ground on the map before in my single player world but this morning the world my son and I play in had a map reset too.
We didn't do anything out of the ordinary, we just started playing in splitscreen as usual.
This is a very annoying bug, we hope this will be fixed soon.

Still no word on when we can expect the next patch?
This is taking awfully long peeps!!
@Shadowhawk141, I've heard from another member that they think the map on the most recently played single player world gets reset after joining a splitscreen multiplayer game and the host saves & quits before the non-host leaves.

Example:
Player A uses Character A and plays for a bit on a single player world. Player B hosts a multiplayer splitscreen world and Player A joins using Character A. Player B quits and saves the world before Player A leaves the world. Whatever single player world Character A was last on has had the map reset. I am not sure if closing the game and reopening before joining the splitscreen world makes a difference.

See if you encounter the same thing. And if so, then a workaround may be to have the character you'll be using enter into a single player world that you don't care if the map gets reset before joining a splitscreen world.

Is it normal to have a maximum number of training dummies in a map before they no longer have "ghosts"? I've built a series of underground farms utilising the slime mount/dummy system, but some of the dummies are just background items, they're not responding to weapon strikes. Is this the same on PC? Or is it yet another console glitch?

Is it normal to have a maximum number of training dummies in a map before they no longer have "ghosts"? I've built a series of underground farms utilising the slime mount/dummy system, but some of the dummies are just background items, they're not responding to weapon strikes. Is this the same on PC? Or is it yet another console glitch?
Hmm, as I recall there's a limit of 100 target dummy entities (each dummy should have an entity associated which responds to damage) active at the same time in a world. I think that was discovered by @ZeroGravitas. I also recall there was a bug in the early 1.3.x builds that caused the entities to become disassociated with it's dummy, making it impossible to build where the entites are located (T-MEC had a mod which could fix that).

I doubt you have 100 active target dummies, so the console version may currently have limitations that the pc version doesn't have.

Hmm, as I recall there's a limit of 100 target dummy entities (each dummy should have an entity associated which responds to damage) active at the same time in a world. I think that was discovered by @ZeroGravitas. I also recall there was a bug in the early 1.3.x builds that caused the entities to become disassociated with it's dummy, making it impossible to build where the entites are located (T-MEC had a mod which could fix that).

I doubt you have 100 active target dummies, so the console version may currently have limitations that the pc version doesn't have.
I had over 100 as I was using them as a rail to bounce across under the collection tunnels of each underground farm, so if there was no dummy limit there would have been ~400 placed dummies in the map.

Thanks for the info, I've updated my farms accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom