Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never get past the 75% world conversion, so I backed up all of my save files to USB and then deleted them from the PS4. Playing the game now (new game) and it is pretty nice. Just takes a little getting used to.

When you get the patch out, and I load the world file back from USB, will conversion kick in automatically or is that something that only happens once at first startup?
[doublepost=1513304072,1513303955][/doublepost]Observation: Most PS4 players are going to be playing on a TV and sitting 10 feet away. The UI slider is going to be a very hot issue.

Can I close to application without it getting corrupted? Tried exporting the files even uploading them and it wants me to close Terraria first.

If this continues happening every time you launch the game, please let us know.

However, the world file conversion process can be rather lengthy, depending on total number of worlds, etc.

for me the game just crashes on where it last crashed, i havent been able to get past that part for about an hour of trying

I'm on Xbox but man I can't wait for 1.3, I just wish my spectral armor didn't have to become a vanity set, now I need to look for a new mage set to take out pillars and moon lord

Can I close to application without it getting corrupted? Tried exporting the files even uploading them and it wants me to close Terraria first.

Yes. It doesn't delete or overwrite your old files. It just tries to create new versions of them.

Back up your files. Delete them all. Then you can skip the conversion process and play the game.

I could never get past the 75% world conversion, so I backed up all of my save files to USB and then deleted them from the PS4. Playing the game now (new game) and it is pretty nice. Just takes a little getting used to.

When you get the patch out, and I load the world file back from USB, will conversion kick in automatically or is that something that only happens once at first startup?
[doublepost=1513304072,1513303955][/doublepost]Observation: Most PS4 players are going to be playing on a TV and sitting 10 feet away. The UI slider is going to be a very hot issue.
Word it is stressing out. I talked a friend into getting this game yesterday. He's been gone all day. He is going to be pissed. The game cannot be played comfortabely. Cannot even assign houses to npcs, etc. Many more UI issues...

Has anyone lost any items? I’ve tried to place a keg, boreal wood, and books up in my top invatory row and had them vanish. Not in trash, not thrown onto ground, just complete vanish?

Is it just me or does the game just straight up freeze sometimes when playing? And it seems as though there are some fps issues, whenever i’m at my base in the snow biome and a blizzard is ongoing the fps just hits the floor sometimes. Other then that and the constant blinkning transparent text UI, everything seems good!

Took the advice and put the game files into the upload storage and external storage, deleted the files and loaded the game. Brought the characters and the maps in and then loaded the game again. Worked.

Game froze a few times for a second or two. I don't like not being able to zoom with the touch pad.

Menus, chests and text seem transparent and hard to see.

There needs to be a graphical interface section to remove menu transparency, color/darken text.

However I did fight the Lunatic Cultist and got him down to 1/3 health remaining, so will put some campfires around the dungeon, heart lamps, and platforms so I can keep the rotation going. Not looking forward to the grind to get the items.

Might just start over...haha. right.

Can anyone help me? So i got the update for 1.3 but now it messed up the fov slider or tv outline so I just have this black box around it I can still play the game and all its just really annoying I hope I made it clear enough to understand plez help thanks

Just want to say thank you. thank you for ruining a game I've had for 3 days. wtf. could you have made it any worse?
should be an option to play the old version and this garbage you :red:in dumped on us. you took away character zoom. you couldn't have made the inventory any more garbage. the screen is even smaller wtf is wrong with you. you :red:in bastards.

Map is really bad. not being able to assign npc's. just go back to old version

should i just get refund for game and never buy a game made by you guys again?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I deleted my map data as everyone else with this :red: problem did just so they could play the game again. Once I loaded the game back up it went back to the "converting maps" bull:red:. Still stuck at 75%. What am I just not allowed to play the game until a hot fix comes out. How did something like this get past testing with no problems. It seems to me that converting all the legacy saves over to the new stuff is where most of the problems in the update would lie. Not happy right now.

So I deleted my map data as everyone else with this :red: problem did just so they could play the game again. Once I loaded the game back up it went back to the "converting maps" bull:red:. Still stuck at 75%. What am I just not allowed to play the game until a hot fix comes out. How did something like this get past testing with no problems. It seems to me that converting all the legacy saves over to the new stuff is where most of the problems in the update would lie. Not happy right now.

Try this: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

Actually everywhere on here says DO NOT delete your world's. They're working on a fix and it relies on you not deleting them.

Map is really bad. not being able to assign npc's. just go back to old version
NPCs are able to be assigned. The option has been moved to the same area as the accesories. Map issues can be fixed by rebinding some buttons (I for one use the D-Pad to zoom in and out).

I like the update, but it mostly just takes time to get used to. One thing I would recommend is two seperate Autopause settings. One for autopause in options, while the other is autopause in inventory. I’d also like if it was on by default to make sure no one is confused. I really appreciate finally having constant night vision gone. I can now actually use torches for something either than houses.

for me the game just crashes on where it last crashed, i havent been able to get past that part for about an hour of trying
Try this: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom