Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
was this patch supposed to address any of the can not enter hard mode bugs?
With your particular world @goatface, it is more likely that the massive amount of hellevators that were mined is the trouble. If I recall, you were able to take other worlds to hard mode. It's just your one world that had a ton of blocks mined out of it that can't go to hard mode.

OK, so the new update just came out, and it really does fix a LOT!! That transparency slider is great! However, there are some big things that will hopefully be fixed soon:

- Still can't move the map diagonally. Obviously not a game-breaker, but extremely annoying.
- It looks like the PS4 touchpad zoom is never coming back, which means still having to interrupt the game to zoom.
- Still can't double-map buttons.
- Startup is still very slow. Then again, we're not playing on a PC...
- D-pad item map still resets each time you start the game.
- Still has terrible overlapping text, especially in the lower left corner when you're in the crafting section with the guide. It's because the game shows the required workplace right on top of the item's stats. It really needs to be off to the side, or completely removed.
- After the PS4 6.00 firmware update, all of the doors above and below my character always rapidly flash as I approach them. Not a big deal, just a small annoyance, and I sent a bug report for it.

Still, great job guys! And I'm very glad to know you're looking into smaller & more frequent updates!

This morning the new update on PS4 finally arrived. I've been playing quite a lot for the past few weeks in local coop with my child. Most of the time it was enjoyable but some crashes and UI errors messed up the experience from time to time.
From what I've seen so far it looks quite good and stable. My main issue was using ranged weapons or yoyos on PS4. I haven't tested this yet but it used to be a PITA in the 1.3 build. I hope they'll implement a light autoassist option as it is done in most FPS shooters as you can't aim the same way with a controller like you can with a mouse.

After testing the new update very briefly, I have good news and bad news:
  • The good news is, the bug where actuated blocks gets out of sync when operated by a timer, has been fixed! :)
  • The bad news is, performance seems worse in this update. There's a noticable stutter when moving around (this is on Xbox One S). It's particularly noticable in deleveloped areas, but happens anywhere. It's slightly distracting. :/

I'm also *REALLY* hoping that they add the ability to lock ranged weapons on enemies. Even the PC has that basic option for the gamepad. Fighting fast-moving bosses & enemies is extremely hard without it, and some will eventually be impossible (at least for me).

I'm also *REALLY* hoping that they add the ability to lock ranged weapons on enemies. Even the PC has that basic option for the gamepad. Fighting fast-moving bosses & enemies is extremely hard without it, and some will eventually be impossible (at least for me).

That's the reason I love chlorophyte bullets so much... I burn a lot of chlorophyte making them

Performance has suffered greatly after this patch on xb1. So choppy that it gives me a headache after playing a few minutes. Please fix this, i love this game and miss the days when it was butter smooth. It was sub-par after 1.3 but now its just terrible

Great update PW, it's good to see so many issues resolved, however I have to echo some issues people have posted too, frame stutter causes headaches ( literally played for 15 minutes and now my head is pounding ), and a minor annoyance that I hoped would be sorted is the de-mapping of set d-pad shortcuts on game exit/reload, not sure how the frame rate issue passed internal QA but it's causing headaches, please fix :(

On a plus note (and their's many) the UI transparency is an amazing addition thank you for adding it, the overall fixes far outweigh the small issues still underlying but I have faith you'll fix them :D

Ok, first of all, thanks for the patch guys :). Secondly quite a lot of people have been saying that the text for the UI is too small, I personally don't have an issue with that. What my issue is is that the HUD is too big, so it goes partway off screen, so I would suggest an option to adjust the HUD size/safezone.

IMG_20180919_173039430.jpg
IMG_20180919_173044803.jpg
IMG_20180919_173049164.jpg
IMG_20180919_173039430.jpg IMG_20180919_173044803.jpg IMG_20180919_173049164.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180919_173104349.jpg
    IMG_20180919_173104349.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
@Loki @ClearConscious A very strange thing has just happened and you might find it useful in identifying certain issues. My map data became corrupted, so the whole map was black. I downloaded a back up, and the map is fine, and now I can see my buffs regardless of how far zoomed in or out I am. Not only that, but the UG ice glitch with the Solar Eruption seems to have stopped happening, meaning I can go through the UG without fear of vanishing minions and impending crashes/freezes.

However, I now have a lag in terms of visuals appearing on time (solid blocks take a second to appear when using teleporters/cell phone), as well as movement in general now looking a bit clunky.
[doublepost=1537375569,1537375490][/doublepost]Hang on; has the patch come out?

Ok, first of all, thanks for the patch guys :). Secondly quite a lot of people have been saying that the text for the UI is too small, I personally don't have an issue with that. What my issue is is that the HUD is too big, so it goes partway off screen, so I would suggest an option to adjust the HUD size/safezone.

What brand of TV are you using? That is tied back to overscan settings (which, of course, each TV mfg calls something different).

@Loki @ClearConscious A very strange thing has just happened and you might find it useful in identifying certain issues. My map data became corrupted, so the whole map was black. I downloaded a back up, and the map is fine, and now I can see my buffs regardless of how far zoomed in or out I am. Not only that, but the UG ice glitch with the Solar Eruption seems to have stopped happening, meaning I can go through the UG without fear of vanishing minions and impending crashes/freezes

Well, there is a good reason for the improvements.... because

Hang on; has the patch come out?

Yep.... and Ninja by TK. :p

PW gave you a nice shoutout for helping to fix the SE/NA ice bug. :)

However, I now have a lag in terms of visuals appearing on time (solid blocks take a second to appear when using teleporters/cell phone), as well as movement in general now looking a bit clunky.

Seeing this a bit too on my retail endgame play, good news is that it doesn't seem to get any worse with stuff I have checked (FM, Martians, Eclipse, bosses, etc), doing pillars next. Gonna grab vids and such and send them along to PW.

Yep.... and Ninja by TK. :p
Eh?
PW gave you a nice shoutout for helping to fix the SE/NA ice bug. :)
Which one is that
Gonna grab vids and such and send them along to PW.
You want any from us? Or just your own?
[doublepost=1537376605,1537376244][/doublepost]
Yes, it came out yesterday
That explains the lack of shut-downs. I've been running an AFK (or AFC..?) farm all day while working, and I'm now 4 Rune Wizards away from having every banner in the game; an unthinkable feat pre-patch.

What brand of TV are you using? That is tied back to overscan settings (which, of course, each TV mfg calls something different).

It's an Evotel. Oh... Going through the settings of the TV I found it, thanks

EDIT: Adjusting overscan hasn't fixed the issue.

Great update PW, it's good to see so many issues resolved, however I have to echo some issues people have posted too, frame stutter causes headaches ( literally played for 15 minutes and now my head is pounding ), and a minor annoyance that I hoped would be sorted is the de-mapping of set d-pad shortcuts on game exit/reload, not sure how the frame rate issue passed internal QA but it's causing headaches, please fix :(

On a plus note (and their's many) the UI transparency is an amazing addition thank you for adding it, the overall fixes far outweigh the small issues still underlying but I have faith you'll fix them :D
Performance has suffered greatly after this patch on xb1. So choppy that it gives me a headache after playing a few minutes. Please fix this, i love this game and miss the days when it was butter smooth. It was sub-par after 1.3 but now its just terrible
After testing the new update very briefly, I have good news and bad news:
  • The good news is, the bug where actuated blocks gets out of sync when operated by a timer, has been fixed! :)
  • The bad news is, performance seems worse in this update. There's a noticable stutter when moving around (this is on Xbox One S). It's particularly noticable in deleveloped areas, but happens anywhere. It's slightly distracting. :/

Which platforms are you guys playing on? Could you provide video?

It's an Evotel. Oh... Going through the settings of the TV I found it, thanks

EDIT: Adjusting overscan hasn't fixed the issue.
Try changing output mode from Autodetect/HDMI to DVI in your Xbox Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Video fidelity & overscan.
Then restore resolution to 1080 (it gets reset to 720).
[doublepost=1537379846,1537379689][/doublepost]
Which platforms are you guys playing on? Could you provide video?
Xbox One S. Will see about recording a video.

EDIT Recorded a [video]. It doesn't really show the choppiness in full fidelity though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom