Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can vouch that all paintings are available in the game, although I am missing "The Merchant".

Even the rare ones in the dungeon? Apparently there were five, four of which were several orders of magnitude rarer than even the slime staff (Creation of the Guide, Facing the Cerebral Mastermind, Impact, and Trio Super Heroes) and one that wouldn't spawn at all (Sparky) due to a glitch that wasn't fixed until 1.3.5 in the PC version

Even the rare ones in the dungeon? Apparently there were five, four of which were several orders of magnitude rarer than even the slime staff (Creation of the Guide, Facing the Cerebral Mastermind, Impact, and Trio Super Heroes) and one that wouldn't spawn at all (Sparky) due to a glitch that wasn't fixed until 1.3.5 in the PC version
I've got 79 out of 80, but some of them may have been pre-update.

I've got 79 out of 80, but some of them may have been pre-update.

*rubs hands together* Time to generate some worlds and do some dungeon raids, then. And I think the only one that's only on the updated consoles and not the older-gens as well is Sparky

If you were on PS4 I could have given you a sparky.

I only have a few paintings so I've got a lot of searching and digging and collecting ahead of me anyway. I think I have all of them from Hell but I'd have to check. I know I don't have anywhere near all from the underground cabins or the dungeon. A Sparky will pop up on its own eventually (as long as it's not bugged).

@Loki have you guys discussed whether our next update will be 1.3.1? Or will you jump to a later one such as 1.3.4 in order to catch us up with PC?

Hoping it's just the giant worms this effects, because if it's all worm enemies, then dealing with crawltipedes during the lunar events and dune splicers in the expert hardmode desert will be impossible.

I've done the Lunar events post-update and could see Crawltipedes.

Does it happen to Corruption worm enemies, Bone Serpents, etc as well?

Anyone else having invisible giant worms?

@Loki have you guys discussed whether our next update will be 1.3.1? Or will you jump to a later one such as 1.3.4 in order to catch us up with PC?

Yes, there have been discussions and pretty sure what that will be - will include that in a news update when ready to share, so it isn't hidden on page 82 of this thread. ;)

I've done the Lunar events post-update and could see Crawltipedes.

Does it happen to Corruption worm enemies, Bone Serpents, etc as well?

I'll have to check that later. So far it's just been the giant worms that attack in the cavern layer; I haven't been down any deeper yet. Will check later and get back to you

I have generated 33 worlds so far and have yet to find any of those (got Impact from before the 1.3 update). I'm beginning to think they are effectively unobtainable.

I'm on Xbox as well and no, I haven't encountered any invisible worms (and I've been spelunking quite a bit).

@Cyberra If you haven't restarted your console in a while, I suggest you do that to see if that fixes the invisible worm issue.

Last edited:
I have generated 33 worlds so far and have yet to find any of those (got Impact from before the 1.3 update). I'm beginning to think they are effectively unobtainable.

I'm on Xbox as well and no, I haven't encountered any invisible worms (and I've been spelunking quite a bit).

@Cyberra If you haven't restarted your console in a while, I suggest you do that to see if that fixes the invisible worm issue.

From what I read, there was a bug keeping them from spawning normally; I saw one person on YouTube who generated 100 worlds and only found one of them. The Sparky painting could not spawn at all. According to the wiki, it wasn't until 1.3.5 that the bug was finally fixed. Currently those five rares plus the Cursed Man painting are the only ones I'm missing from the dungeons.

My Xbox is turned off whenever I'm not using it. Wasn't in giant worm territory today, but was in Hell and digging through the underground desert so bone serpents and tomb crawlers are visible. It was weird, though, that with the giant worm enemy all I could see was the name and the health bar *confused*

Another question about paintings... What, exactly, counts as "space" for the Painter to start selling "Place Above The Clouds" and "Sky Guardian"? I put him in a house built on a floating island, the data from the cell phone says "space", but he's not selling them

...And why is snow falling inside my trophy room build??

Last edited:
Another question about paintings... What, exactly, counts as "space" for the Painter to start selling "Place Above The Clouds" and "Sky Guardian"? I put him in a house built on a floating island, the data from the cell phone says "space", but he's not selling them

...And why is snow falling inside my trophy room build??
I don't know why your painter doesn't sell those paintings, mine does sell them even though I also have the jungle biome. Maybe your sky island is at too low altitude. See if you have another sky island at an higher altitude.
25-10-2018_11-45-16.png

Weather effects can render inside rooms if the ceiling is very high (outside the screen).

I don't know why your painter doesn't sell those paintings, mine does sell them even though I also have the jungle biome. Maybe your sky island is at too low altitude. See if you have another sky island at an higher altitude.
View attachment 212093

Weather effects can render inside rooms if the ceiling is very high (outside the screen).

It's a world generated in 1.2.4 on the 360, and the way Engine coded the game back then made all the heights weird (I get harpies and wyverns just barely above ground level all the bleeping time). I'll grab a king statue and see if I can zap him to my just-barely-under-the-top-edge-of-the-map Martian probe spawn shelter and see if he coughs up then.

Can we have an option to have the old smart cursor? I can't aim very well with the new one because of how far it is from my character, the old one was always close so it helped me aim. Just a thing you can turn on or off in the settings please?

It took me 30 minutes and two Martian invasions to get the Painter where I wanted him and get the paintings from him. Because I'd built the shelter from jungle temple blocks, I also got the jungle biome painting.

The second invasion was the weirdest one I've been through yet. Not a single Martian saucer appeared. Not even one.

Something did manage to honk off the cultists, though... Not sure what because I had no weapons in use that could go through walls so I assume it was the Martians. Once I beat the invasion I noped out of there ASAP... did not feel like fighting Moon Lord today

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether this is to prevent cheating, but when impending doom approaches, the save icon will show up and disappear even if autosave is off, then will appear again if you die, in other words you can't time travel if you mess up in battle by closing and restarting the game, plus it's dangerous to close on save icons, so I was wondering if this was a bug or just something to make it fair.

I'm not sure whether this is to prevent cheating, but when impending doom approaches, the save icon will show up and disappear even if autosave is off, then will appear again if you die, in other words you can't time travel if you mess up in battle by closing and restarting the game, plus it's dangerous to close on save icons, so I was wondering if this was a bug or just something to make it fair.
Even with Autosave off the save icon will appear regularly, however the game doesn't actually save so it's safe to ignore it.
Dying is another matter though; the game WILL save then, even with autosave off and the save indicator isn't always shown. Do not force quit the game at this point, you risk corrupting your save.

The saving when dying is not a bug. The developers intentionally added that, probably to prevent cheating. The PC version does that as well. Personally I hate it. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom