Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by ClearConscious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. ED209

ED209 Plantera

Rather than quitting and reloading which takes forever, I just let him kill me if I'm not up for the fight.

2. I'm not sure whether this is to prevent cheating, but when impending doom approaches, the save icon will show up and disappear even if autosave is off, then will appear again if you die, in other words you can't time travel if you mess up in battle by closing and restarting the game, plus it's dangerous to close on save icons, so I was wondering if this was a bug or just something to make it fair.

3. r4v1n6

r4v1n6 Official Terrarian

Even with Autosave off the save icon will appear regularly, however the game doesn't actually save so it's safe to ignore it.
    Dying is another matter though; the game WILL save then, even with autosave off and the save indicator isn't always shown. Do not force quit the game at this point, you risk corrupting your save.

The saving when dying is not a bug. The developers intentionally added that, probably to prevent cheating. The PC version does that as well. Personally I hate it. :mad:

4. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron

Moon Lord wasn't actually summoned. Something honked off the cultists and the cultist archers were running back and forth tracking on me, but I blocked off the mouth of the dungeon entrance a while back so they couldn't actually reach me and none of them died. They were just mad at me for some reason. Never even saw the Lunatic Cultist. I chose to book it and go poke around a different world.

Uhm, is there a fix for maps blacking out? I went to the world I generated just after the release of 1.3, in which I'd done a lot of exploring and farming, and both the minimap and the large map were all blacked out again.

5. ED209

ED209 Plantera

I think dying resets that too; just jump from a high place or stand in lava. It's much quicker.

6. ...Or you could just run away or use a magic mirror to unload that part of the map and reset them

7. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron

Eh, I'd been intending to go putter around in another world anyway... I'd found quite a few underground cabins in my just-post-1.3 world and wanted to go see if I'd missed any paintings. Then I got over there and discovered that the entire map had reset to black.

Got a decent stash of goodie bags saved up, and got three magical pumpkin seeds from breaking the pumpkins spawning all over my world. They like spawning right in front of my door for some annoying reason.

8. Gamelore

Gamelore Terrarian

My wife and I were playing PS4 Terraria daily until last year. The post-1.3 PS4 Terraria UI is so terrible that my wife and I have restarted characters in PS3 Terraria so we can still play the game without worrying about it getting ruined again. The 1.3 UI transparency, crafting process, inventory management and zooming make the PS4 version unplayable.

As a life-long gamer across PC and console for 35 years, I have to remark that this is probably the worst laid-out patch I've ever encountered in any game. The patch consists of many conscious decisions that make the game worse. I'm really confused who thought these changes were a good idea. I sincerely hope these changes are reversed at some point, perhaps when the Switch version launches, or made optional.

Thanks.

Steelebourne likes this.
  9. ED209

ED209 Plantera

This now has a slider to make it as transparent as you want, or don't want.
    This is actually better now, you just need 10 minutes to get used to it.
    You could zoom pre-update, and I don't see what's wrong with having the screen at your desired size.

10. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron

Unfortunately they've already said they're not giving us the old UI back. Better get used to this new one. At least the UI slider makes it easier to see. I can actually read the words now instead of having to identify things by shape and color.

Final count from the Halloween event: 5 hoppin' jack banners, 7 ghost banners, 2 raven banners, 2 bloody machetes, 4 bladed gloves, and 1 1/3 stacks of goodie bags. And more Underground Hallow stuff than I could shake a stick at, since I was using my chaos elemental farm to grind goodie bags (thus all the ghost banners, since I was in the cavern layer for three irl days straight). Only thing the buggers haven't dropped yet is the Rod of Discord.