Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the pics are a bit later than promised (revenge!!). The issue with the Frost Moon arena is the number of pumpkins generated by the Horseman's Blade; I've run the farm during the day with the Solar Eruption and there was no lag. @Cyberra the rail is around 100 tiles away from the chamber, if you're going to use this set up. Although it looks like only red wire going into the chamber, it's actually all three; the colours seem to have display priority over each other, instead of appearing mixed.

The issue with the Truffle Worm farm is the flame traps; I know this because my life fruit farm used to have them (to clear the vines) and it lagged just as badly. I've since switched that one to dart traps and there is now no lag.

Both these issues began with the last patch, not the original update to 1.3.

Neat. I have no idea how to build it, though... Is that one of those "hoik" things? I've heard of them but have no clue whatsoever how to build them or make them work. I'd need a video with a step-by-step building and wiring guide, something no builder on YT seems to make, or someone with a lot more brains than me to build it for me.

Getting someone in to build it for me would also require the devs to actually fix the multiplayer tally counter reset issue, since I am not losing all my rare-banner progress again. Or building it in one of my secondary worlds.

Can you please add keyboard and mouse support for PS4? The console already supports it, the game just needs to make use of it. I am decent at doing normal activities on controller, but I find it far too clunky when you need to do things quickly, like in the middle of a boss fight. Please, help me out! I will be infinitely grateful!

Neat. I have no idea how to build it, though... Is that one of those "hoik" things? I've heard of them but have no clue whatsoever how to build them or make them work. I'd need a video with a step-by-step building and wiring guide, something no builder on YT seems to make, or someone with a lot more brains than me to build it for me.

Getting someone in to build it for me would also require the devs to actually fix the multiplayer tally counter reset issue, since I am not losing all my rare-banner progress again. Or building it in one of my secondary worlds.
@ZeroGravitas has done a number of hoik tutorial videos, if they're not on his page then you should be able to Google them.

More lagging (below) and the dummy ghost stops teleporting in this event, meaning that the mobs aren't being teleported into the kill chamber.

Also, the shutdown bug has started again.

Also also, is there any way you can fix the crafting bug now? It takes about five minutes to make a stack of walls because they keep vanishing from the menu. Crafting is arguably the most core aspect of the game.

Any thoughts upon adding a custom UI scaling on new-gen consoles? Everything around the corners are stretched off-screen despite what I try.

This is a feature that we would have to add. It's on our list of things to explore, but hopefully that helps shed some light on why it hasn't come yet. It's not technically a bug.

Any thoughts upon adding a custom UI scaling on new-gen consoles? Everything around the corners are stretched off-screen despite what I try.
According to your profile you own pretty much every Terraria edition there is, but I'm guessing this is an Xbox One issue. Have you tried:
  • Try changing output mode from Autodetect/HDMI to DVI in your Xbox Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Video fidelity & overscan.
    Then restore resolution to 1080 (it gets reset to 720).

Also also, is there any way you can fix the crafting bug now? It takes about five minutes to make a stack of walls because they keep vanishing from the menu. Crafting is arguably the most core aspect of the game.
Seems to be fixed in this patch, thanks. Can't find any other fixes though, is the a list we can see?

According to your profile you own pretty much every Terraria edition there is, but I'm guessing this is an Xbox One issue. Have you tried:
  • Try changing output mode from Autodetect/HDMI to DVI in your Xbox Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Video fidelity & overscan.
    Then restore resolution to 1080 (it gets reset to 720).
I tried that already, and nothing improved. My mana bar is cutoff as well as everything else regarding corners. From what I see, I'm not the only one with the issue.

I tried that already, and nothing improved. My mana bar is cutoff as well as everything else regarding corners. From what I see, I'm not the only one with the issue.
Yes, there are a few people that have this issue. The best solution would be if Microsoft could add a global option to adjust this. Then you could adjust this once for all games. From what I understand PS4 already have this.

What you can do while waiting for Microsoft/Pipeworks to address this, is to look for a newer firmware for your TV. Since the issue really is your TV not handling the HDMI signal properly, a new firmware might fix the issue. Not all TV manufacturers do release firmware updates though.

Yes, there are a few people that have this issue. The best solution would be if Microsoft could add a global option to adjust this. Then you could adjust this once for all games. From what I understand PS4 already have this.

What you can do while waiting for Microsoft/Pipeworks to address this, is to look for a newer firmware for your TV. Since the issue really is your TV not handling the HDMI signal properly, a new firmware might fix the issue. Not all TV manufacturers do release firmware updates though.
The strange thing is that this problem is only for Terraria. Every other game is scaled perfectly towards my TV, so I doubt the problem is the TV. Really hope this UI issue gets fixed in the near future. The game isn't unplayable, but it's really annoying that I can't see everything on my screen.

The strange thing is that this problem is only for Terraria. Every other game is scaled perfectly towards my TV, so I doubt the problem is the TV. Really hope this UI issue gets fixed in the near future. The game isn't unplayable, but it's really annoying that I can't see everything on my screen.
Hmm, interesting. I know Terraria fits perfectly on my TV so I still think it's a TV issue, but...

@ClearConscious Thoughts?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but basically whenever one of my controllers goes out of charge, the game will pause (until I get another controller and unpause again) but at the same time the screen just zooms in to a really high zoom so you can't see very much around you. It does go back to normal if I go out the world and back in again but it can be annoying for example yesterday when it happened during a frost moon at the other side of my world, and I can't seem to find any zoom options, so it's either play zoomed in or quit at a high wave.

Also could you bring back the old generation console star toppers? I don't see why they were removed.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but basically whenever one of my controllers goes out of charge, the game will pause (until I get another controller and unpause again) but at the same time the screen just zooms in to a really high zoom so you can't see very much around you. It does go back to normal if I go out the world and back in again but it can be annoying for example yesterday when it happened during a frost moon at the other side of my world, and I can't seem to find any zoom options, so it's either play zoomed in or quit at a high wave.

Also could you bring back the old generation console star toppers? I don't see why they were removed.

Zoom in and out by bringing up the pause menu and using the left and right triggers.

I have the old-gen star toppers still... I got them in the 360 version and they weren't removed when I sent the world forward.

Zoom in and out by bringing up the pause menu and using the left and right triggers.

I have the old-gen star toppers still... I got them in the 360 version and they weren't removed when I sent the world forward.
I still have them, but they don't come out of presents anymore, unless I'm mistaken

They don't. But if you already have them, you don't need them to anymore
Well you see the thing is, what if we want more? Kind of built a Christmas tree array with every type of decoration on each of them, equalling 12 I think, and one of them is missing a star topper because there's 2 for each

Well you see the thing is, what if we want more? Kind of built a Christmas tree array with every type of decoration on each of them, equalling 12 I think, and one of them is missing a star topper because there's 2 for each

Do you have an earlier-gen console with Terraria on it? Make a world with a few chests in it, stick the things you want in those chests, and transfer it forward. That's what I did for a few items I keep running out of and are resource-intensive to remake. If not... You might be SOL unless you can find someone willing to trade.

What console are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom