• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Coolguy2201

Terrarian
According to your profile you own pretty much every Terraria edition there is, but I'm guessing this is an Xbox One issue. Have you tried:
  • Try changing output mode from Autodetect/HDMI to DVI in your Xbox Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Video fidelity & overscan.
    Then restore resolution to 1080 (it gets reset to 720).
I tried that already, and nothing improved. My mana bar is cutoff as well as everything else regarding corners. From what I see, I'm not the only one with the issue.

r4v1n6

Official Terrarian
I tried that already, and nothing improved. My mana bar is cutoff as well as everything else regarding corners. From what I see, I'm not the only one with the issue.
Yes, there are a few people that have this issue. The best solution would be if Microsoft could add a global option to adjust this. Then you could adjust this once for all games. From what I understand PS4 already have this.

What you can do while waiting for Microsoft/Pipeworks to address this, is to look for a newer firmware for your TV. Since the issue really is your TV not handling the HDMI signal properly, a new firmware might fix the issue. Not all TV manufacturers do release firmware updates though.

Coolguy2201

Terrarian
Yes, there are a few people that have this issue. The best solution would be if Microsoft could add a global option to adjust this. Then you could adjust this once for all games. From what I understand PS4 already have this.

What you can do while waiting for Microsoft/Pipeworks to address this, is to look for a newer firmware for your TV. Since the issue really is your TV not handling the HDMI signal properly, a new firmware might fix the issue. Not all TV manufacturers do release firmware updates though.
The strange thing is that this problem is only for Terraria. Every other game is scaled perfectly towards my TV, so I doubt the problem is the TV. Really hope this UI issue gets fixed in the near future. The game isn't unplayable, but it's really annoying that I can't see everything on my screen.

r4v1n6

Official Terrarian
The strange thing is that this problem is only for Terraria. Every other game is scaled perfectly towards my TV, so I doubt the problem is the TV. Really hope this UI issue gets fixed in the near future. The game isn't unplayable, but it's really annoying that I can't see everything on my screen.
Hmm, interesting. I know Terraria fits perfectly on my TV so I still think it's a TV issue, but...

@ClearConscious Thoughts?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but basically whenever one of my controllers goes out of charge, the game will pause (until I get another controller and unpause again) but at the same time the screen just zooms in to a really high zoom so you can't see very much around you. It does go back to normal if I go out the world and back in again but it can be annoying for example yesterday when it happened during a frost moon at the other side of my world, and I can't seem to find any zoom options, so it's either play zoomed in or quit at a high wave.

Also could you bring back the old generation console star toppers? I don't see why they were removed.

Cyberra

The Destroyer
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but basically whenever one of my controllers goes out of charge, the game will pause (until I get another controller and unpause again) but at the same time the screen just zooms in to a really high zoom so you can't see very much around you. It does go back to normal if I go out the world and back in again but it can be annoying for example yesterday when it happened during a frost moon at the other side of my world, and I can't seem to find any zoom options, so it's either play zoomed in or quit at a high wave.

Also could you bring back the old generation console star toppers? I don't see why they were removed.
Zoom in and out by bringing up the pause menu and using the left and right triggers.

I have the old-gen star toppers still... I got them in the 360 version and they weren't removed when I sent the world forward.

Zoom in and out by bringing up the pause menu and using the left and right triggers.

I have the old-gen star toppers still... I got them in the 360 version and they weren't removed when I sent the world forward.
I still have them, but they don't come out of presents anymore, unless I'm mistaken

They don't. But if you already have them, you don't need them to anymore
Well you see the thing is, what if we want more? Kind of built a Christmas tree array with every type of decoration on each of them, equalling 12 I think, and one of them is missing a star topper because there's 2 for each

Cyberra

The Destroyer
Well you see the thing is, what if we want more? Kind of built a Christmas tree array with every type of decoration on each of them, equalling 12 I think, and one of them is missing a star topper because there's 2 for each
Do you have an earlier-gen console with Terraria on it? Make a world with a few chests in it, stick the things you want in those chests, and transfer it forward. That's what I did for a few items I keep running out of and are resource-intensive to remake. If not... You might be SOL unless you can find someone willing to trade.

What console are you on?

Do you have an earlier-gen console with Terraria on it? Make a world with a few chests in it, stick the things you want in those chests, and transfer it forward. That's what I did for a few items I keep running out of and are resource-intensive to remake. If not... You might be SOL unless you can find someone willing to trade.

What console are you on?
I only have one that got updated, and my console is PS4, but what does SOL mean?

Ah. I'm on Xbox, so I can't help you. (I have a 360 with Terraria, so if I need stuff I can just send it ahead via my storage world)

"SOL" means "sadly outta luck" or "sh*t outta luck", depending.
Ah, well it looks like I'll have to inform some of my friends from the online trade then

Marf001

Terrarian
Can there be an option for the old crafting interface? The one with all the tabs that showed you why you couldn’t craft but showed you what you needed? The new one is just so frustrating and small and I don’t know how to craft what I used to have and it’s getting me no where. I just want an option for the old crafting, thanks.

Marf001

Terrarian
Unfortunately they have said the old interface is not coming back. They want the experience across platforms to be the same, UI included. Which means the guide is now your only ingame source for finding out what you need for crafting, and even then he doesn't tell you everything like the old interface did. I suspect they found the old UI to be too hand-holding. I seriously hope some real improvements are coming for the UI because as it stands the console versions are burdened by the PC UI.
Me too really, I liked the old interface a lot better just because it gave me a goal to aim for

This isn't really a problem, but I think you should be able to stack snow globes, the other summoning items stack and snow globes can fill up your inventory for example if you wanted to bring a load of snow globes to online multiplayer

Longshadow

Terrarian
I have the GPS and Goblin Tech on my character and watching these statistics brings up a question... in Game Time, from my house to the Ocean takes 1:20 and they claim my mine cart is traveling at 66 MPH. Mathematically, that means I should have traveled almost 80 miles. Yet, according to the GPS, which measures in feet, I only traveled 7,700 feet or 1.46 miles. So, I am guessing that this should by 77.00 miles and both the display and Wiki are incorrect in stating "feet"? Would this be considered a reportable bug?

computerfan0

Skeletron Prime
I have the GPS and Goblin Tech on my character and watching these statistics brings up a question... in Game Time, from my house to the Ocean takes 1:20 and they claim my mine cart is traveling at 66 MPH. Mathematically, that means I should have traveled almost 80 miles. Yet, according to the GPS, which measures in feet, I only traveled 7,700 feet or 1.46 miles. So, I am guessing that this should by 77.00 miles and both the display and Wiki are incorrect in stating "feet"? Would this be considered a reportable bug?
This is probably just to make the speedometer feel more realistic. Doubt it's a bug.
Just wondering, when will 1.3.1 come out?

Top Bottom