• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

ED209

Plantera
I'd never seen the lag quite that bad.
That's a standard session with enough light-based sprites. I can't do Frost Moon or anything with the Arcanum as it just freezes and I have to quit the app. Flame traps are also a no-go.
I'd never used it before, so I don't know how it operated on PC. Takes some getting used to. It did help me retrieve some excess wire from my cross-map teleporter; I hadn't been able to see the wire clearly before or reach the mistakes I made
Could you post a video of it in action when you get a sec?

Cyberra

The Destroyer
That's a standard session with a high enough DPS. I can't do Frost Moon or anything with the Arcanum as it just freezes and I have to quit the app.

Could you post a video of it in action when you get a sec?
Gimme a bit to finish eating. Xbox is shut down right now. And I can only record a maximum of 5 minutes

And be aware I'm very n00b with machines so there'll be a lot of fumbling

ED209

Plantera
Gimme a bit to finish eating. Xbox is shut down right now. And I can only record a maximum of 5 minutes

And be aware I'm very n00b with machines so there'll be a lot of fumbling
I'm off to bed now anyway, it's way past my bedtime. All I really want to see is what the interface looks like for the tool (switching wire colour etc.).

Cyberra

The Destroyer
I'm off to bed now anyway, it's way past my bedtime. All I really want to see is what the interface looks like for the tool (switching wire colour etc.).
Hold B (or the PS4 equivalent) to access, then RT (I think) to change modes. Still figuring out how to select different wire colors

Pooderjones

Terrarian
I too experience bad lag on xb1 and have ever since 1.3 was released and it still hasnt been addressed or even mentioned. I wish the base game could get fixed and smoothed back out before throwing out any more content updates. The game feels so clunky and far from the polished gem it once was..and its gettn worse with every update

I think my overall major complaint of this update is the awful UI. I've been hearing it was originally the UI for just the computer, and that would make sense, as it's probably incredibly effective on that platform, but on console? Ehhhhhhhh not so much

• It's difficult as heck to navigate, and for someone new to this interface, it's annoying to not at least have an indicator to tell me where right and left bumper will send me on the inventory
  • Crafting is clunky, making last minute crafting in tough scenarios near impossible. The issue of having to constantly press right bumper already slows things down, but when you press A, you are then locked with the item stuck to your cursor until you press B, or shift your way through the HUD until you get to the inventory
  • The items you can craft are small and very difficult to see, and the materials required are even harder to read, especially on splitscreen
  • The items are also not well organized. As how there were originally categories you could quickly traverse, everything is now all just smushed together in one tiny block of items
Video for old HUD reference here:
Yes, it's a sawmill tutorial, but it doesn't seem people tend to just overview HUDs, so yeah
Anyways, those are my complaints. The old HUD was so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the current one.
Though, one thing I do prefer now is how easy it is to get to the map

Jayfox

Terrarian
I think my overall major complaint of this update is the awful UI. I've been hearing it was originally the UI for just the computer, and that would make sense, as it's probably incredibly effective on that platform, but on console? Ehhhhhhhh not so much

• It's difficult as heck to navigate, and for someone new to this interface, it's annoying to not at least have an indicator to tell me where right and left bumper will send me on the inventory
  • Crafting is clunky, making last minute crafting in tough scenarios near impossible. The issue of having to constantly press right bumper already slows things down, but when you press A, you are then locked with the item stuck to your cursor until you press B, or shift your way through the HUD until you get to the inventory
  • The items you can craft are small and very difficult to see, and the materials required are even harder to read, especially on splitscreen
  • The items are also not well organized. As how there were originally categories you could quickly traverse, everything is now all just smushed together in one tiny block of items
Video for old HUD reference here:
Yes, it's a sawmill tutorial, but it doesn't seem people tend to just overview HUDs, so yeah
Anyways, those are my complaints. The old HUD was so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the current one.
Though, one thing I do prefer now is how easy it is to get to the map
I agree
[doublepost=1559684021,1559683867][/doublepost]
Computer UI is not ment for console every version of Terraria should have its own UI but they screwed it up into thinking computer UI is easy to understand for console and mobile players.

Bedgars418

Terrarian
I am wondering if there will be an update for the 3ds? It would make sense to give that one an update with the Nintendo switch.

Aurora3500

Staff member
I am wondering if there will be an update for the 3ds? It would make sense to give that one an update with the Nintendo switch.
3DS will not receive the 1.3 update. It's hardware isn't capable of handling the increased specs.

The Nintendo Switch version is effectively the successor to the 3DS version starting with 1.3.0.7, similar to how it was for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Caedus116

Plantera
Welp. I just lost 2 HOURS of progress because of this stupid glitch. It happens every so often but I'm afraid to sort chests because of it. It's like a 50% chance of the game crashing completely when I try to use the "sort chest" option. PLEASE fix this asap because it's pissing me off a lot. Lmao

r4v1n6

Official Terrarian
Welp. I just lost 2 HOURS of progress because of this stupid glitch. It happens every so often but I'm afraid to sort chests because of it. It's like a 50% chance of the game crashing completely when I try to use the "sort chest" option. PLEASE fix this asap because it's pissing me off a lot. Lmao
I've never had any issues with that feature, and I use it often. It's the first time I hear about this. Have you noticed any particular pattern? E.g. is there any particular type of items that causes the game to crash when using "sort chest"?

If you haven't already I recommend you make a thread in the bug report section that includes a screenshot or two of a typical chest inventory that crash when sorted. Then report the issue to the developers, linking to the thread you just made. Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Top Bottom