• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Bedgars418

Terrarian
I am wondering if there will be an update for the 3ds? It would make sense to give that one an update with the Nintendo switch.

Aurora3500

Staff member
I am wondering if there will be an update for the 3ds? It would make sense to give that one an update with the Nintendo switch.
3DS will not receive the 1.3 update. It's hardware isn't capable of handling the increased specs.

The Nintendo Switch version is effectively the successor to the 3DS version starting with 1.3.0.7, similar to how it was for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Caedus116

Plantera
Welp. I just lost 2 HOURS of progress because of this stupid glitch. It happens every so often but I'm afraid to sort chests because of it. It's like a 50% chance of the game crashing completely when I try to use the "sort chest" option. PLEASE fix this asap because it's pissing me off a lot. Lmao

r4v1n6

Official Terrarian
Welp. I just lost 2 HOURS of progress because of this stupid glitch. It happens every so often but I'm afraid to sort chests because of it. It's like a 50% chance of the game crashing completely when I try to use the "sort chest" option. PLEASE fix this asap because it's pissing me off a lot. Lmao
I've never had any issues with that feature, and I use it often. It's the first time I hear about this. Have you noticed any particular pattern? E.g. is there any particular type of items that causes the game to crash when using "sort chest"?

If you haven't already I recommend you make a thread in the bug report section that includes a screenshot or two of a typical chest inventory that crash when sorted. Then report the issue to the developers, linking to the thread you just made. Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Darktoddy

Terrarian
I always liked the idea of having new content in terraria console edition (Xbox 360 and ONE) but that's just about it... Why did they had to change the in game menu for crafting? it was perfect on 360... And the character creation was also very good. The default zoom terraria had on 360 was also very good. Well... many of these things can be changed but for some reason they do NOT SAVE and it's very annoying to have to set them every single time you play. I'm talking about zoom and D-pad Hotbar for quick select items or weapons, now this should have been fixed a while ago and I'm not seeing it happening any soon. It saddens me but well this it's just an opinion. I would love some things go back the way they where in 360 that's all.

ItsComix

King Slime
Due to switch version's launch I played more console 1.3, I'm into a good chunk into the game now and I have more feedback.
Everything Pipeworks has done/added to the switch version is well implemented, like the touchscreen input and small things like making the UI disappear when you use an item from inside your inventory. But instead of having the whole inventory UI disappear it would be nice to just close into a hotbar until you open the inventory up again.

One problem that bothered me since 1.3 on XB1 and PS4 is how the smart cursor felt.
It doesn't feel as responsive like on PC and I've only been playing PC with a controller since it's 1.3.1 update.
Console's smart cursor feels slow and is inaccurate at the ends of the x and y axis. As I circle my cursor around the player it slows down around those areas. Most of my deaths on the switch version has been caused by it's inaccuracy, missing most of my shots when an enemy is slightly below my x axis. I move the cursor from left to right is slow too, the input speed and visual feedback affect's the player's actions and in return feel less responsive and/or slow. In some way, i'd like the cursor to be, or feel just snappy or fast like the PC version's. I keep feeling like I always have this sort of input delay.

I'd suggest you could add that if the stick is moved at a certain fast speed, disable the cursor smoothing until it goes below specified high speed.
And for the X axis and Y axis thing, maybe not slowing down cursor movement around those areas and instead lock on the axis when the cursor has been in a certain radius around those axis until it's moved out
(and maybe sliders for the radius thing too).

I'm sure cursor accuracy isn't as big of a deal before since autoaim was brought to consoles, I'd like to mention is much different than PC's autoaim and it's more like aim assist which I like more than PC's autoaim since it still requires you to aim.

I'd also like to expand on my past suggestion with "the ability to bind two buttons for the same action like X/A and L3/Left Stick for jump" from my post here from 2 years ago.
Before console 1.3, classic console had this which made aiming, shooting, running backwards, and keeping yourself in the air with wings easier and made my fingers not end up in an awkward/uncomfortable position or in claw. Just more controller input customisation. I changed jump to B on Switch and now every time I close menus I keep jumping which gets pretty annoying.

And for inventory UI so that it would be easier to know which inventory space I'm on, I'd suggest having parts of the UI that I'm not on, fade out so I know which part of the UI I'm in. And when I switch to a new section maybe have a glow or indicator that show that the "cursor" has moved to that part of the inventory.

Otherwise keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Ben D Beast

Terrarian
I always liked the idea of having new content in terraria console edition (Xbox 360 and ONE) but that's just about it... Why did they had to change the in game menu for crafting? it was perfect on 360... And the character creation was also very good. The default zoom terraria had on 360 was also very good. Well... many of these things can be changed but for some reason they do NOT SAVE and it's very annoying to have to set them every single time you play. I'm talking about zoom and D-pad Hotbar for quick select items or weapons, now this should have been fixed a while ago and I'm not seeing it happening any soon. It saddens me but well this it's just an opinion. I would love some things go back the way they where in 360 that's all.
I know it’s pathetic but it came out ages ago now and they still don’t seem to be trying to fix it I was exited to play terraria for years but when I got it it was unplayable from the 1.3 update in the end I uninstalled and haven’t got to play 😡

Top Bottom