Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by ClearConscious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. TheG4mingP1anet

TheG4mingP1anet Terrarian

Abit late to the forum page here but loving the updates! Terraria has come a long way since I first played it. I think it was something like 2011 or 2012 I first played.

2. akrobeau

akrobeau Skeletron Prime

I love the stuff added in this update. It’s new, fun, unique. But there’s one thing that makes me hate the update.

Loading a world would take 10-20 seconds before the update. Now it takes 2 minutes. Creating a large world would take 2-3 minutes before the update. Now it takes 10 minutes.

Is there no way to fix this? It’s been over a year since the update came out. Isn’t that enough time to fix simple loading times? I get that worlds have more stuff jam packed into them now, but it’s not so much to increase the loading time 5x. And loading a world, that’s ridiculous.

3. DarkoOfTheVoid

DarkoOfTheVoid Terrarian

In my humble opinion, the way the cursor works either needs to be changed again or at least sliders and options to customize the speed and sensitivity should be added, i honestly feel the cursor highly imprecise when using ranged and mage weapons and this never happend before the addition if moonlord on ps4, the cursor is either to fast or it locates too far from my character making it too uncomfortable to use with ranged, not to mention harder to aim.
    I suggest to add a "legacy" option for the cursor so players can make it work like it used to before the moonlord update on console, i am pretty sure im not the only one that prefers it.

4. Gumbi

Gumbi Terrarian

Stopped playing a year ago, came back and see all the change! amazing work! However, i really have problem wth the size of the UI, being able to resize would be a great QoL add-on! And the guide help about craft is somewhat misleading, it's no more clear which craft station we need to do a thing we see in the menu... I know the wiki exist and it is well-done but it so much better when we dont have to look on our phone while we play on our TV just to know how i can make this or that!

5. Ultimate snowman 46

Ultimate snowman 46 Skeletron Prime

Why recently is that loading sunflower coming up 50 million times more than it used too? If anything it is one of the greatest dangers in terraria, that plus crash or freeze isn't a good mix. And why so many crashes in splitscreen? It's happening a lot where it just freezes and you have to close the game and reopen it, and there's also been this error occurred automatic close one time when a sunflower appeared and I had to go delete some corrupt data and lost stuff like accomplishments and settings. And now another freeze in splitscreen has yet again occurred, it would be ok if I could close the application, restart, maybe lose a few stuff since last save, and continue, but no guess what, oh yay there's 3/4 of a stupid sunflower on my screen, wonderful, can't wait to delete some more corrupted data. Seriously can you please limit the amount that that sunflower shows up.

6. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

That sunflower is an indicator that it's trying to autosave. Try turning autosaves off and see if that helps. Be warned though that if the game crashes or you quit without saving you can lose game progress.

7. Ultimate snowman 46

Ultimate snowman 46 Skeletron Prime

I have turned autosave off though and it still seems to save a lot, and save and exit seems a good way to save without needing so much saves in game (unless a crash happens on the way out but still)

8. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

My game crashed once today, while I was just reaching the very right edge of my 1.3.1 world. It restarted perfectly fine and the world worked perfectly afterward. Had to re-explore part of the Corruption and the far right edge of the world again, though

9. r4v1n6

r4v1n6 Official Terrarian

I play with autosave off and the sunflower shows up frequently for me as well. It doesn't actually save anything though (unless you just died), so it can be safely ignored.

10. Pooderjones

Pooderjones Terrarian

The new 1.3.1 update blended together gemspark walls to look like one wall type painted different colors??..it also blended other awesome wall combos too much like sail and dynasty walls which left a cool checkered finish..was this intended? Ruined alot of my builds

11. ED209

ED209 Plantera

Your what? Do you mean on PC?

12. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

Xbox. The 1.3.1 update was unintentionally released early on Xbox One. We got it Friday. And we have been finding quite a few bugs for the devs to fix. The first patch for it has already been released for us and will be probably included with the update for PS4

13. ED209

ED209 Plantera

I had no idea it was out. How bad are the bugs this time around?

14. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

See for yourself, two examples from my game:

Bad bad lag while fighting the lunar pillars to see if crawltipedes were fixed:

And weird background blackouts while opening chests/player inventory/safes/world map in dark or poorly lit places (underground, surface at night):

Others have reported framerate drops, some crashes, logic gate contraptions corrupting/not working right... And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg

The first patch was to fix some gem locks and other 1.3.1 items being uncraftable. The devs are looking into the performance issues now

15. ED209

ED209 Plantera

That's the lag we've had for ages, I knew they wouldn't fix it.
    You'd think they'd test it a little before release wouldn't you?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2019, Original Post Date: May 13, 2019 ---
    How does the Grand Design work with a controller?

16. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

I'd never seen the lag quite that bad. And I get the impression that their testers don't go over it as thoroughly as the gaming public does

I'd never used it before, so I don't know how it operated on PC. Takes some getting used to. It did help me retrieve some excess wire from my cross-map teleporter; I hadn't been able to see the wire clearly before or reach the mistakes I made. It doesn't even have to be in your hand for wires to be visible; as long as it's in your inventory every wire everywhere jumps right out at you in bright neon colors. I assume there's a way to hide that, but I haven't found it yet

All things considered, it could be worse

17. ED209

ED209 Plantera

That's a standard session with enough light-based sprites. I can't do Frost Moon or anything with the Arcanum as it just freezes and I have to quit the app. Flame traps are also a no-go.
    Could you post a video of it in action when you get a sec?

18. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

Gimme a bit to finish eating. Xbox is shut down right now. And I can only record a maximum of 5 minutes

And be aware I'm very n00b with machines so there'll be a lot of fumbling

19. ED209

ED209 Plantera

I'm off to bed now anyway, it's way past my bedtime. All I really want to see is what the interface looks like for the tool (switching wire colour etc.).

20. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

Hold B (or the PS4 equivalent) to access, then RT (I think) to change modes. Still figuring out how to select different wire colors