Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearConscious

Terrarian
Pipeworks Studio
So, the day is finally here! You have Console Terraria 1.3 in your hands at last - so as you dig ever deeper into the tons of new content and features, come back here and let us know what you think.

Do not report Bugs here - those should be reported via the Official Bug Reporting Form > CLICK HERE FOR THAT

This thread is for more subjective feedback about how you feel about the changes and content. Keep in mind a few things while doing so:
  • As the 1.3 content itself is well ingrained into the game at this point, changes to that functionality are less likely (and keep in mind that 1.3.1 - 1.3.5 will evolve it once those come)
  • There are some definite changes to the way Console operates as well as the UI, etc. Feedback on that is welcome.
  • Keep it constructive. Please leave any personal attacks and the like at home. :)
  • Keep it focused. Make it easier for the dev teams to read and understand the feedback being given. Posts that stray too far from this may be removed and/or action taken.

index.php

That said, we are all interested to hear what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
It took me like a while 30min to get to the actual home page.

If this continues happening every time you launch the game, please let us know.

However, the world file conversion process can be rather lengthy, depending on total number of worlds, etc.

Just making my way through figuring this out. So far, I don't like how the stats on items in the inventory are overlaid over the inventory items. First, it's very hard to read. Second, you can't see what you have under the stats. There is a lot of real estate on that screen. Please move the stats somewhere else.
[doublepost=1513277334,1513277296][/doublepost]
I know you guys want all versions to be the same, but I do miss the old way of selecting hair styles, skin and eye color. I could never get things to look right with the sliders.

Did we lose the ability to zoom in and out? The default is just way too small.
Pause, then use L2/R2, then unpause. Annoying.

When I open world's it freezes for like 30 seconds before I can start doing anything. It's very Laggy and there are constant freezes

Just making my way through figuring this out. So far, I don't like how the stats on items in the inventory are overlaid over the inventory items. First, it's very hard to read. Second, you can't see what you have under the stats. There is a lot of real estate on that screen. Please move the stats somewhere else.

This, for sure. It might work on a PC/laptop when you close to the screen, but on a TV across the room, it can be near unreadable. Even more so in splitscreen.

How do you make a world private? We got into Terraria and excitedly made new characters and worlds only to find random people joining 10 minutes later. Mind you that these people had end game stuff and we were worried that they would ruin the world. We also couldn't figure out how to kick them. Even when we left the world, they were able to stay on and no one was kicked.
[doublepost=1513279430,1513279214][/doublepost]Also, Terraria is way slower than it used to be and worlds take much longer to create and everything in the menu takes longer to load. The world creation screen took like 5 minutes and it seems like every time you select something in the main menu, the little sunflower icon appears in the bottom right and it takes 10-25 seconds to load.

[doublepost=1513277334,1513277296][/doublepost]
Pause, then use L2/R2, then unpause. Annoying.

don't know where to post this but have noticed PS4 players having extreme problems such as their characters being locked in a rock or their game completely crashing and other world loading issues. is there any way to delay the Xbox one release until these issues are figured out??

• When I open world's it freezes for like 30 seconds before I can start doing anything. It's very Laggy and there are constant freezes
  • Don't really mind the lag but pretty #%$@ that my world i was mid-moving all my stuff to is completely gone. « ticket posted, no worries.
  • My initial few entries into a game , I could NOT figure out how to move, even after setting control scheme to classic; Had to do it at the main menu & reload the map.
  • I agree with the aforementioned statement about inventory being to hard to read and would add the same for some menus' highlight on mouseover. Ex. The control scheme menu.
  • Difficult to mouseover map details like ore etc.. I go passed the element back n forth trying to see the text and failing to stop on it lol. There a way to control analog sensitivity in/out of game?
  • It's perty, can't wait to get a new char/world going! Thx for the update.

Why has the control system from before been completely ruined? You used to be able to click R1 and it would auto-equip everything. Why can't there be a "legacy control set-up"? I can't even quick-select my favourite items using the D-pad anymore. What was the thinking behind this? It's mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom