Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let say I had a small world that was HEAVILY modified/ terraformed / build upon. How long would that conversion take on average? I think I had 2 world like this. There were 3 other worlds that were just for resource gathering, but had very little modificaiton.

Update: Currently at 1 hour with no progress on the 'progress' bar. Still stuck at 75%. How long should I wait?

Been at 75% for the last 3 hours and still going. I had one large world that was barely modified and 2 other small worlds that were never really used. This is ridiculous. I'm in no rush to play right now but it would be nice if it would finish so I can turn my system off.

To zoom: Options, then L2/R2
D-pad binding: Controls, under Quick Navigation, look for Directional Buttons Hotbar.

The zoom and UI Scale came to PC in the 1.3.5 update. This 1.3 console is released at 1.3.0.7. It may be that that functionality is added later when they get to the 1.3.4 update. Not sure though.

I am not sure, but is it possible to run a PS4 game in a lower resolution than 1040p? That may help with the UI being too small to read. I can't test it myself because I am currently frozen in world conversion.

I am not sure, but is it possible to run a PS4 game in a lower resolution than 1040p? That may help with the UI being too small to read. I can't test it myself because I am currently frozen in world conversion.

Possibly by changing your TV resolution but not in-game.

To zoom: Options, then L2/R2
D-pad binding: Controls, under Quick Navigation, look for Directional Buttons Hotbar.

The zoom and UI Scale came to PC in the 1.3.5 update. This 1.3 console is released at 1.3.0.7. It may be that that functionality is added later when they get to the 1.3.4 update. Not sure though.
They need to do something. I just seen the font is too small that the npcs use too.

When Xbox 1.3 comes out, does the PS4 thing where the saves delete or whatever occur on Xbox.

But mostly I just want to know if having the game sync to the cloud (like when the game starts) will ensure that my saves aren't lost?

When Xbox 1.3 comes out, does the PS4 thing where the saves delete or whatever occur on Xbox.

But mostly I just want to know if having the game sync to the cloud (like when the game starts) will ensure that my saves aren't lost?

They submitted basically the same code to MS... so if MS accepts the code and they release it, you might see the same problems. Pipeworks/505 could hold it back even longer though, and technically the PS4 players are your beta-tester :red:es in that case.

I have a world with dozens of chests. They are filled with piles of every conceivable crafting item and ever weapon, accessory and armor possible.

In my mind I see each item being converted to its 1.3 counterpart by careful consideration by a council of Ents.

Still stuck at 75%. I guess I will just walk away and come back tomorrow, but I fully expect to see 75% upon my return. At that point I will reboot expecting to see my save files have been corrupted. I will delete and start over.

I was planning on a fresh start in a new world, but it will be a real shame to lose all of the cool and unique structures that I have built with my son over the last few years.

They submitted basically the same code to MS... so if MS accepts the code and they release it, you might see the same problems. Pipeworks/505 could hold it back even longer though, and technically the PS4 players are your beta-tester :red:es in that case.
Well I'd rather they not hold it back as I've been waiting about a year. I know I'm salty but that should be expected.

I have a world with dozens of chests. They are filled with piles of every conceivable crafting item and ever weapon, accessory and armor possible.

In my mind I see each item being converted to its 1.3 counterpart by careful consideration by a council of Ents.

Still stuck at 75%. I guess I will just walk away and come back tomorrow, but I fully expect to see 75% upon my return. At that point I will reboot expecting to see my save files have been corrupted. I will delete and start over.

I was planning on a fresh start in a new world, but it will be a real shame to lose all of the cool and unique structures that I have built with my son over the last few years.
dang but have that much stuff will definitely be an issue

I feel conflicted. Started playing about a week ago and got really into it. Now I can't play. The new inventory is too small and transparent. Couple that with bad eyesight, a small TV, and not wanting to sit face-to-screen means I can't make out the new UI. Also, taking away the option to see all unlocked recipes - not just what you can make based on what you're currently carrying - means I'd have to pause and go to the wiki constantly. I'm really interested in all the new content, but I can't play what I can't see. Please give an option to use the old UI and crafting menus. I love what I've played so far; I don't want this to be the end.

Last edited:
i see that entry under controls, but the heck, no matter if checked or unchecked, i do not get it to work as d-pad shortcuts for ex. sword / pickaxe / hammer / axe

From PW Devs: You just set it to quick navigation, select the item in game, and press the dpad button you want to use as a shortcut for that item. Pics below:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

@ Anyone having save conversion issues. Just got this from PW in regards to what happens to your saves in case of issues, crashes, etc with the conversion process:

On the live version we don't delete legacy saves. The conversion process is just trying to make one of our saves that replicates the same world or player. They are kept untouched as backups -- in case that is consolation to anybody who had conversion troubles.
So when we hotfix they should be there - provided the player has not deleted their saves.

So - if you are having conversion issues, don't delete those saves if you still want to have them.

So excited to play the update but PLEASE bring back the old menu! There’s so much small text when I open my items to build or craft anything. Using a workbench has become a nightmare. I started a new world and trying to build even basic housing is a daunting task because of the new menu. At least an option to divert back to the old style would be GREATLY appreciated!

So excited to play the update but PLEASE bring back the old menu! There’s so much small text when I open my items to build or craft anything. Using a workbench has become a nightmare. I started a new world and trying to build even basic housing is a daunting task because of the new menu. At least an option to divert back to the old style would be GREATLY appreciated!

Keep your hopes up... probably ain't gonna happen :( They destroyed the beautiful console experience and shoved the PC interface up your a.s.s.

Thanks for the D-Pad Shortcut Tutorial.

Now this makes quick item change while fighting a boss/lots of enemies etc. easier again. Good that the shortcuts are still in the game. The Black dot in the menue means unselected. The white one selected. Missunderstood that.

LOL this is exactly what I said before the update and they gave me a strike. PS4 is the real beta testing because they wanted to pretend that everyone doesn't have modded items littered all over the game. I was only trying to help so this wouldn't happen lol. with the last big update the game got it completely destroyed my main world. I was really hoping this wouldn't happen again but had a feeling it would. I have no clue how all this would pass testing considering so many people are either turned into stone or can't get their worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom