Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to look at buffs? They are under the toolbar but almost invisible. It is hard to see them and you can't tell what boost they are giving.

In the PC you just scroll your mouse pointer over to them (under the toolbar), click to dismiss the ones you don't want.

On the PS4, I have found no way to do this yet.

It is also pretty hard to get on a minecart. You should be able to get on it just by being close, because it's kinda hard to aim for it

I play PC, but if you're near a rail and you press the [Mount] key, you should automatically get in a minecart. I assume it'd be the same for PS4, given the whole "One Terraria" thing.

Some of these things are a move to the actual intended core design of the game whereas what was before was a departure that might have been convenient but it was never the vision. Example: crafting recipes. That is the role of the Guide - show him what you have (anything that says "material") and he shares what you can craft. The ability to see every recipe ever was never intended. I get that it is a transition when you are used to that, so apologies there.

I really have to question that statement. It was a "never the vision" to show all recipes, then why the square button to toggle show all recipes on and off? That sounds pretty intentional to me, not a convenient departure... If I want to craft, say, a mechanical worm but have no idea what ingredients are required, how do I know what to show the guide?

And for my two cents worth, I agree with everyone else about the transparent menus being impossible to read 10 feet away on a 42 inch television..

Still, looking forward to the Martian Invasion.

Last edited:
I'm on PS4 and since I downloaded the update I can't get to a screen that shows me everything that can be crafted. All that I'm pulling up is a menu that shows me what I can craft from the items in inventory. What am I doing wrong?

I keep crashing each time I get to the loading screen of the game. It gets to 18%, may or may not start the conversion of the worlds, then crashes. Got the error code CE-34878-0 each time.

I really have to question that statement. It was a "never the vision" to show all recipes, then why the square button to toggle show all recipes on and off? That sounds pretty intentional to me, not a convenient departure...

The square button does not show all recipes - all it does it show what you can currently craft in a grid, instead of a list. It's functionally identical to the list, you just don't need to sift through the entire list if you want something at the very top or bottom.

If I want to craft, say, a mechanical worm but have no idea what ingredients are required, how do I know what to show the guide?

Experiment! The game doesn't tell you everything you need to know on purpose, you're supposed to experiment and figure things out yourself sometimes. Every time I get a new item which I don't know much about and it says "Material", I'll just show it to the guide just to see what my options are. I don't need all the blueprints handed to me on a silver platter, I just need the tools to let me figure it out myself.

I suppose it's less "What do I need to craft X item" and more "What can I craft with this X item" - if you have prior knowledge of the game, it could be a bit frustrating trying to remember. But if you're entirely new, you wouldn't even know the Mechanical Worm exists until you experimented showing the Guide random things (or, you just assume it was a random drop from enemies) - so the question wouldn't even be relevant.

after the update, I lost a world in the game, and all my stuff are in that world. It is really terrible. anyone has the same problem that i had?

I am waiting for the xbox one version to come out but my friend said it was more like a port from pc don't know if other people feel that way , if so it seems strange they took so long getting this update out if its just a port , Anyway I haven't played the pc version but I do hope it is more console friendly than people are saying .

I understand you won't change everything back to the way it was but for THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY you need to at least fix the zoom and the item menu. The game is very very hard to play with the current menu. If you want us to go to the guide to learn how to craft so be it... But I still need to be able to actually read what I have...

The new style of crafting (and asking the guide more frequently for help) is definitely something I can live with if you will just please please:
• make the menu backgrounds solid instead of transparent
• no blinking text
• larger text, especially the notifications of merchants arriving or npc’s, and also whatever the Npc’s say when we speak to them.
I’ll gladly ask the guide how to craft anything if i can just read what he’s saying.

Really happy all in all!
- have also had 6 items completely vanish in my invatory when I’m just moving them around. Thankfully nothing I can’t easily replace so far!

Go into your controls and see if you have the 'throw' feature binded to any buttons. Mine was and I also had the same problem for the first few min. Just unbind the button and you shouldn't be having any more problems of accidentally throwing away items ^^

Really happy all in all!
- have also had 6 items completely vanish in my invatory when I’m just moving them around. Thankfully nothing I can’t easily replace so far!

I keep having the problem come up when I craft something and then try to place it in the toolbar slot. If I place it in a regular slot and then move it to the toolbar it seems OK. Still a serious bug though. I have not had a problem just moving things around..... yet

I think Im seeing a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the changes. People should thoroughly check out the options before posting about things that "Desperately Need Changing"

-Autopause can be turned on in the options.

- D-Pad hotbar can be turned on in the options.

- Zoom in-out is done on the start menu with the triggers.

- "Quick Craft" with L2 is functionally identical to crafting autostacking on console.

- The crafting menu was giving away too much, I think it was meant to be like Minecraft consoles, but it's really not hard to download a gamepedia app on your phone or ask the guide.

However, a couple things are definitely worse than it is on PC:
-The flashing text needs to be severely reduced to match PC gameplay I was watching.

-The transparency is also clearly off. I literally cannot tell what buffs I have, and nearly every box is half-see thru. the PC gameplay I was watching definitely had a significant increase in opacity

- have also had 6 items completely vanish in my invatory when I’m just moving them around.

Can someone shoot a video of this happening please? I have seen sporadic reports of this, but the more details the better!

The new style of crafting (and asking the guide more frequently for help) is definitely something I can live with if you will just please please:
• make the menu backgrounds solid instead of transparent
• no blinking text
• larger text, especially the notifications of merchants arriving or npc’s, and also whatever the Npc’s say when we speak to them.
I’ll gladly ask the guide how to craft anything if i can just read what he’s saying.

Yeah, like I was saying, the concerns over the items you listed above have definitely been heard. As to what might be tweaked and when, that is all TBD and has to fall behind any bigger bug items (like save conversion for one example) in order of priority. Anyway, just wanted to share some perspective and make sure you all knew that the feedback was being read and digested.

Cannot promise any specific changes at this point, though... and I hope you get why. Once the biggest bugs are sorted, I am certain the team will get together on the feedback items and decide a course of action.

Keep it coming everyone. :)

Only feedback I got so far from my time playing is the need for UI scaling and correct the hard to read blinking text which I know have been mentioned multiple times. I am able to deal with these until the more major issues are fixed such as world conversion, game freezing when using stardust dragon and being killed, and joined multiplayer worlds overwriting world data of previous worlds. Luckily I have only experienced the stardust dragon game freeze since I have yet to play multiplayer.

I keep crashing each time I get to the loading screen of the game. It gets to 18%, may or may not start the conversion of the worlds, then crashes. Got the error code CE-34878-0 each time.

So I tried playing on a different account and it worked out fine. It only occurs on my main account with all my stuff, anyone have an idea why?

Aw man this update is cool and all but there is just this one thing that keeps bugging me besides the touchpad being neglected (no mapping for the pressing down action even?) and the whole no-zooming-the-ui stuff (which will probably be fixed in time anyways so no worries i guess), and that's the previous texture when combining stoneslabs with pieces of regular stone inside them. It used to look so cool but now the textures don't "melt" toghether anymore for that cracked, "ancient" look. Now it's just misplaced stones with room in-between them and the slabs.. Most of the other stuff is an upgrade i guess, except for a few, slightly small but annoying things, like the inactive stoneblocks or lanterns blocking doors from one side so you can't get out. Also names for the npcs.. I liked them.. Anyways, being a programmer myself i know these things are, like, super fûčk€đ and weirdly complicated to fix sometimes, and game devs recieve more complaints than a doctor so good job with an awesome game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom