Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man this update is cool and all but there is just this one thing that keeps bugging me besides the touchpad being neglected (no mapping for the pressing down action even?) and the whole no-zooming-the-ui stuff (which will probably be fixed in time anyways so no worries i guess), and that's the previous texture when combining stoneslabs with pieces of regular stone inside them. It used to look so cool but now the textures don't "melt" toghether anymore for that cracked, "ancient" look. Now it's just misplaced stones with room in-between them and the slabs.. Most of the other stuff is an upgrade i guess, except for a few, slightly small but annoying things, like the inactive stoneblocks or lanterns blocking doors from one side so you can't get out. Also names for the npcs.. I liked them.. Anyways, being a programmer myself i know these things are, like, super fûčk€đ and weirdly complicated to fix sometimes, and game devs recieve more complaints than a doctor so good job with an awesome game!
What issue with the npc names? All my merchants in my house have names...
[doublepost=1513362732,1513362657][/doublepost]
after the update, I lost a world in the game, and all my stuff are in that world. It is really terrible. anyone has the same problem that i had?
I'm missing my biggest world with all my items. Hoping the fix they're working on brings it back.

[QUOTE="Loki, post: 1505169]

Example: crafting recipes. That is the role of the Guide - show him what you have (anything that says "material") and he shares what you can craft. The ability to see every recipe ever was never intended. I get that it is a transition when you are used to that, so apologies there.
[/QUOTE]

If it wasnt intended, it shouldn't have been there. I can't get used to it. I'm sorry but it's very frustrating and has made the game go from super relaxing to just downright annoying having to look everything up online that I can't remember how to craft. I guess I just cant play it anymore. Oh well.

If it wasnt intended, it shouldn't have been there. I can't get used to it. I'm sorry but it's very frustrating and has made the game go from super relaxing to just downright annoying having to look everything up online that I can't remember how to craft. I guess I just cant play it anymore. Oh well.

Or you could learn the recipes, and remember what you need?

Im pretty happy that this update finally came out, but there's one thing thats really annoying me about the U.I update to make it look lik Pc, and that problem is crafting. The old console crafting system was perfect. Everything was clear and more importantly, everything you know how to craft was actually displayed. With all these new additions to what I can craft with the 1.3 update, I find it ridiculous that I have no indication of what I can or cannot make. When I find newly added materials, I have no clue what they're used for.

Another big problem Im having is the new controller layout. I loved the old control scheme, and the quick select on the d-pad made life so much easier. As much as im trying to really enjoy the update, these problems stick out like a sore thumb while Im playing. I hope that thesr changes are reverted back to what they once were, or at the very least we are given an option to change them back. Thanks.​

When I find newly added materials, I have no clue what they're used for.​
This may sound odd, but that's actually the intended experience: you are supposed to give newly discovered materials to the Guide, and he will tell you what they're used for; crafting, just like spelunking, is a matter of exploring. You were never supposed to have all recipes readily available in the first place.

The square button does not show all recipes - all it does it show what you can currently craft in a grid, instead of a list. It's functionally identical to the list, you just don't need to sift through the entire list if you want something at the very top or bottom.

Actually, yes prior to the update, the square button label stated the option to show all items you could craft or what you could currently craft. There was no grid option - it was a list with all similar items displayed left & right, i.e., swords, spears, helmets, torches, etc. I could scroll down through all the items and the ones I could craft were colored, the ones I couldn't were just grey shadows, but ALL items had the recipe displayed showing the required items.
Here is a screenshot from a YouTube video "My PS4 Terraria Lets Play Episode 3 Crafting a Sawmill", showing the Crafting window with all the Items that can be made at his current level. The Square button label at the bottom is set to toggle back to Show Available - i.e., only what can be made with the materials in the players inventory. Point is, it shows everything that can be made at this point of the game. Only when you find new items, should you have to talk to the Guide so they will then be maintained in the Crafting window.
CraftingScreenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Not yet, soonish tho.
I don't remember exactly but in controls beside the the toggle minimap the one on the right, u have to activate it. however if u r going to use d-pad that way u can't bind and action to any of the d-pads. hope that helps
[doublepost=1513368415,1513368394][/doublepost]
Actually, yes prior to the update, the square button label stated the option to show all items you could craft or what you could currently craft. There was no grid option - it was a list with all similar items displayed left & right, i.e., swords, spears, helmets, torches, etc. I could scroll down through all the items and the ones I could craft were colored, the ones I couldn't were just grey shadows, but ALL items had the recipe displayed showing the required items.
wrong comment
[doublepost=1513368542][/doublepost][/QUOTE]
But why? Why change it at all? PC didn't even have controllers util recently, so why make us figure out a whole new (and inferior) setup, when everyone is used to the good one from before. And where has D=pad binding gone?
I don't remember exactly but in controls beside the the toggle minimap the one on the right, u have to activate it. however if u r going to use d-pad that way u can't bind and action to any of the d-pads. hope that helps
[doublepost=1513368604][/doublepost]
This is awful. It just froze because too much was happening on screen. What the hell were all those months spent testing actually testing?

The whole control setup is a joke now. You have to open your inventory and physically move the item you want to use to the top bar before you can use it. D-pad binding is also gone.
the d-pad binding isn't gone I don't remember exactly but in controls beside the the toggle minimap the one on the right, u have to activate it. however if u r going to use d-pad that way u can't bind and action to any of the d-pads. hope that helps
[doublepost=1513368792][/doublepost]Lots of problems developers, I sent four bugs with the name of Assault man plz fix

Is it just me or does the game just straight up freeze sometimes when playing? And it seems as though there are some fps issues, whenever i’m at my base in the snow biome and a blizzard is ongoing the fps just hits the floor sometimes. Other then that and the constant blinkning transparent text UI, everything seems good!
NO dude i'm with u on that issue, it really gets on my nerves

Any more details and such on those stutters/freezes - to help them find a pattern - would be great. Certainly never saw that in prelaunch testing (or this never would have gone out). How frequent would you say they are? Are some reproduceable or are they seemingly at random?

Or you could learn the recipes, and remember what you need?
Do you know how many things there are to craft? I don't have the time to sit down and memorize everything when it was conveniently listed for me before. And I don't see how it has anything to do with experimenting, because you still didn't know the recipes until you discovered them. That was the experimenting/exploring part of it. I feel as if my character should "remember" things that he crafted before, not me.

Ok, got my controller almost to how I had it before(won't let me grapple with L2 though), got zoomed in to my liking, and turned auto pause on. It's playable now! Thanks everyone who posted answers and for the FAQ thread!
Something that's still bothering me is it pauses on inventory instead of the map and no longer shows enemy's on the map. Kind of unfair that it doesn't pause but you can't see if anything is coming. But I guess I won't be using my map much anymore when you can't see anything but tunnels anyway. I feel like there's no point in uncovering the map now which makes me wonder how I'm going to contain the infections, especially when I go into hard mode and when it's too dark to see anything in the tunnels even with my orb.

Just checked out crafting via showing the guide an item. That is not intuitive AT ALL. You ask him for help, inventory comes up and you use X to select an item. Then you need to press L1 to cycle to the crafting menu and drop your item in the empty box there.

I don't think that's the way any other change of menus works. As in you can't pick up a pet, press L1 to cycle to the equipment menu and drop your pet there. It's a simple L2 to equip the pet.

Do you know how many things there are to craft? I don't have the time to sit down and memorize everything when it was conveniently listed for me before. And I don't see how it has anything to do with experimenting, because you still didn't know the recipes until you discovered them. That was the experimenting/exploring part of it. I feel as if my character should "remember" things that he crafted before, not me.

I know there are hundreds, if not thousands. But still, most are not overly hard. Most of the time I already had an idea of what I needed, but perhaps couldn't remember one part. If you take one item you know is in the recipe, such as water bottle for potions, and ask the guide he'll tell you what you can make with it. You don't need to sit and memorise them all. Over time you'll learn what you need for each one if you make them enough.

I played with a friend online for a few hours and for the most part it's not so bad, the main issues for me are the stuttering, especially with large bodies of water moving. Anyway, here is some feedback.

-It's much too difficult to see the text of items in your inventory, partly because of the transparency and partly the size of the UI.
-Touch pad functionality removed for zooming despite not being used for anything. Very odd omission since this a superior way of adjusting the zoom during gameplay, especially bosses.
-Unable to map an action to multiple buttons. Mainly for mapping jump to X and another button, for me L1. A minor annoyance.
-dpad shortcuts don't use items on press. Example: like a potion or mirror. Maybe add as an option?
-Analog sensitivity set way too high for specific weapons. Example: Nimbus Rod is impossible to use with any precision with the current sensitivity.

This is all for now but there is likely more that I can't remember. A lot of this is just reiterating others, but it's important for the devs to know just how much some of these things are not working out. The PC UI really doesn't fit the consoles well in functionality and visibility. The UI and the text alongside it will be difficult to adjust for readability for people who aren't a few inches away from the TV, it was designed for a monitor.

Can someone shoot a video of this happening please? I have seen sporadic reports of this, but the more details the better!

I will try but never know when it’s going to happen! I was moving some items out of a previous map, to a brand new map (normal mode, large world). I went to move boreal wood to one of my top slots and it vanished before my eyes as I was moving it in my inventory. I thought I accidentally threw it but it was gone. Same exact thing when I moved a keg, fire pit, and a few other basic materials. No link between each occurrence other than it’s when I’m shuffling things around in my inventory - specially moving items into the top row.

I know there are hundreds, if not thousands. But still, most are not overly hard. Most of the time I already had an idea of what I needed, but perhaps couldn't remember one part. If you take one item you know is in the recipe, such as water bottle for potions, and ask the guide he'll tell you what you can make with it. You don't need to sit and memorise them all. Over time you'll learn what you need for each one if you make them enough.
I understand where you're coming from, but it seems like a pointless downgrade to me and many people on here agree. I went to the guide to find out what to do with a new item, I shouldn't have to go to him to find out how to craft something I already knew about. I have a horrible memory to be honest because I'm a busy person and have a lot in life to keep up with. I feel as if the option to see already discovered recipes should be there, and if people don't want to use it they don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom