Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are supposed to be able to. If it isn't working, please report it. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I'm sure he means the small placement grid that appears when you place blocks/items. It's not like a creative mode, which doesn't exist as yet in any version of the game.
I just wanted to make sure first.

What was the Pipeworks team using in the video? They had their inventory open while moving and building, and they could just select from it without having t move everything to the top bar first.

also, I can't muti-quote on here for some reason..?

Could we have options added in to change the UI Scaling? Some of it is nice as is but stuff like the text is really little on my screen and I cannot read it. Also, the option to have zoom in/zoom out on the touch pad was nice for ps4, I would appreciate seeing an option to add that back on to my control scheme.

Im getting "stuttering" (seems like significant dropped frames) occasionally while playing, but usually only within the first minute or two. if i load in and drop down my hellevator it definitely stutters a few times, but it goes away after a few minutes. on a regular ps4

1.3.0.7 with a few things from 1.3.1.

Oh yes, its wonderful, albeit a little odd with some out of place bugs (Like, why the heck does bloodmoon make p1's screen go weird?) and convenience things... Pipeworks did amazingly in getting this out, and I'm quite surprised that there are so few bugs.

I have a minor thing I want to address or complain about note I do not hate the finished product of this update you guys at 505 did a really good job on it but my main question is why did u guys have to remove the old inventory menu I liked that one better as oppose to this new one

I seemed to have lost my main map and my character wasn't it's most updated version.
What will happen to my old cloud saves from pre 1.3?

I am surprised the point and click interface didn't raise any flags during beta testing. This may work great with PC but it is horrible on consoles.

Zoom and directional pad key binds were single step and fluid during game play. Now zoom requires 3 steps at minimum and key binds have been removed. These features were huge for console PS4 players.

Sometimes one size doesn't fit all.

I recommend to backup all your saving files to USB before you update, because after updating I lost a world and all my items are in that world. Then I check the saving files in ps4, I cannot find the world anymore. The most important world is gone. All my precious weapons, all my money, all these recipes.......everything is gone gone gone gone.......
BACKUP BEFORE YOU UPDATE~~~

I am surprised the point and click interface didn't raise any flags during beta testing. This may work great with PC but it is horrible on consoles.

Zoom and directional pad key binds were single step and fluid during game play. Now zoom requires 3 steps at minimum and key binds have been removed. These features were huge for console PS4 players.

Sometimes one size doesn't fit all.
Binding is still there. You just have to turn it on in the controls options and rebind items every time you start a game.

there are a lot of problems with this new update

• old ui needs to be brought back, or at least an option to revert back to the old ui.
  • new ui looks too cluttered and kb+mouse orientated whereas the old one was perfect for the console version.
  • there needs to be an opacity slider for the ui.
  • the game forgets d-pad assignments when you exit.
  • game launch loading, world creation, world loading and exit times have increased dramatically.
  • creating a new world does not load it, you have to load it separately after creating it.
  • crafting is more of a chore now since you cannot see the recipes as you could before, most games with a crafting system tell the player what they can craft and what materials is needed from the very start of the game.
[doublepost=1513408401,1513408138][/doublepost]
Nothin new on xb1 huh?
they can't do anything but wait while the update is in certification.

game launch loading, world creation, world loading and exit times have increased dramatically.
That was bound to happen, seeing how much larger the game is now than it used to be.
creating a new world does not load it, you have to load it separately after creating it.
This is the same in the PC version, so I doubt it's a bug.
crafting is more of a chore now since you cannot see the recipes as you could before, most games with a crafting system tell the player what they can craft and what materials is needed from the very start of the game.
You were never supposed to see all the recipes, right now it functions the same as the PC version.

i experienced crawling lag during invasion events while i was at my house. particularly bad whenever the dryad would cast. occasionally too many particles from multiple imbuements would cause a similar effect.

It's great to FINALLY have a minimap, more inventory space, & the autopause (YES!!!) option, but there are many HUGE issues with the 1.3 update (I'm on PS4 Pro, BTW):

-- It looks like the Vita cross-save feature has been removed. That was the main reason I bought the console & Vita versions, even after having the PC one for over a year, and it's a **HUGE** loss.

-- Severe player & world select times (up to 30 seconds each), even after loading them multiple times. And I'm using an SSHD!

-- The screen zoom feature is hidden in the general menu, instead of being able to use the original pinch-zoom on the touchpad (why change something that worked perfectly???). You can barely see the option in the menu's lower-left corner. It's a good thing someone on YouTube was able to find it, or I never would have.

-- Occasional lag & frame drops

-- Control options reset every single time you start (I use the console setting, using D-pad shortcuts, and I hate having to reselect and set them up over & over).

-- All item slots redefine the term "translucent" and are almost completely clear, which makes it nearly impossible to see what's available depending on the background.

-- The text is EXTREMELY tiny (and I'm using a 55" TV), and has a non-stop & EXTREMELY annoying flashing which makes it even harder to read. It's seriously easier to read on the Vita! And why put the item stats on top of them???

-- Not able to view crafting options anymore unless I have every single mat. How am I supposed to know I can make a diamond staff or a phasesaber?

-- All NPC names have been changed to their class title in all of my games, which takes away their personalities. No more "Jimmy commands you!"

-- The main map can't be moved diagonally anymore (not a major issue, but it's very annoying after being able to use it that way for years).

This is a wonderful update to finally get, but the previous version played & looked so much better. Here's hoping most (if not all) of these can be fixed soon, or at least we're given an option to go back to the earlier version. I want my Vita cross-save!
What do you mean about NPC names? All the NPCs in my house have names...

Another major thing missing is the little white grid that appears around the cursor when I'm trying to place blocks. It made it so much easier to line things up, such as when I'm trying to build something that's 15 blocks wide, and if something gets screwed up while doing it, I don't need to start it over because I can see the grid and tell how many blocks are there (yes, you have to count them 1 at a time, but you can see the actual placement squares and don't have to estimate).

And no, I'm not talking about the item that makes the big blue building grid appear. That thing is a headache.
[doublepost=1513418196,1513418036][/doublepost]
What do you mean about NPC names? All the NPCs in my house have names...
Instead of having individual personal names, they're now just "Angler", "Machinist", "Party Girl", etc. This happened to all of my old worlds. I started a new character & world, and the names there work fine, though.

I got it. The thing with the new aim. Imagine a giant cross around your character. You see the four lines ? Good. Well, on each one of these, your aim gets stuck, and you need a bigger effort to go in another direction, wich results in a strong push on your stick, and you end to aim too much further of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom