Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were never supposed to see all the recipes, right now it functions the same as the PC version.

so why have that feature from the launch of the console versions right up to 1.2 and then suddenly remove it in 1.3?, if that was never intended then the feature should never have been added to the console version at launch. to have a feature in the game and then suddenly remove it 4 years after launch makes no sense.

Ayyyyyy I've found a really annoying glitch. When I'm doing something (Mining walking,...) and then I stop, my character still continues doing it for 1-2 seconds.

Are you pressing L2? Because that's a common software glitch related to Sony. Also, check your USB wire, because sometimes it's just the sensor messing up.

so why have that feature from the launch of the console versions right up to 1.2 and then suddenly remove it in 1.3?, if that was never intended then the feature should never have been added to the console version at launch. to have a feature in the game and then suddenly remove it 4 years after launch makes no sense.
Re-Logic didn't have as tight reins then as they have now. 505 and Engine took a lot of liberties with the design as they ported Terraria 1.0 to PS3/360. Some of those had to be made due to technical reasons (not enough RAM even then) and they had to rewrite the game from scratch; the pc code couldn't be used then.

So, I created an account just to comment on this.
I've been expecting this update for some time, so it pains me to see how much of a letdown it turned out to be.
Every change on the controller scheme and UI was for the worse. Removing the zoom functionality by pinching the touch pad was a downgrade, and I can't imagine why it was removed.
But I think we can all agree that the worst part is the new UI: the inventory/crafting screen is WAY too small for a TV, and it's so transparent it's almost invisible. It makes the game borderline unplayable.
I can't help but wonder: was this even tested in a console environment at all? Who in his right mind would think this new UI was an improvement over the old console UI?
I'm trying to make constructive criticism here, but honestly every change I saw in this update so far was for the worst, these issues are too glaring to ignore, and the new UI is spoiling the whole game.

I've just reported this bug, but was wondering if anyone else had come across the same problem.

Items are permanently lost from the inventory when activating Build Mode without picking up an item.

Steps to reproduce:

1. While not in inventory, select an item on your hotbar
2. Open inventory
3. Move to a different item in the inventory
4. Click Build Mode to use the selected item in the world
5. What was previous selected in the hotbar before entering the inventory will vanish and what you were over will be ready to place in the world

If you pick up the item, before clicking Build Mode, the problem doesn't occur. It also only seemed to affect player 1 in a two player split screen game.

I lost a few nice items to this bug, before I realised what was happening.

Made an account to post my feedback here too...
Controls: Like most have said, this has been a downgrade. I used to jump with the X button normally when building/exploring/mining but switch to L3 when fighting(for running and jumping on one direction while aiming and shooting at the opposite direction). This time, we can only set one button for a a certain action so i have to switch between the controller settings if I still want to use my style and it can be very frustrating scrolling the menus every time i need switch especially if a powerful enemy suddenly pops out. As for the dpad, I also switch between the two different modes depending on the situation which i could quickly change by opening the menu and toggle it but i cant do it smoothly anymore.I hope you can return the old dpad controls since it allows me to move the cursor box by box without needing to toggle the smart cursor on and off. The smart cursor's range is also too far from the character. Allowing the player to customize the controls is a good direction, since i barely use the square button before, now we have different auto commands

UI: Texts are overlapping with other stuff. Life and mana take more space than what they are worth. The minimap is a nice addition. The crafting menu is horrible, we spend a lot of time crafting stuff and we have to do it in a tiny corner with only have one way of scrolling. Being unable to see the stuff we cant craft yet and their materials is a pain. Manually switching items between the bag and chests is tedious without a mouse. The main reason i play terraria on console is the splitscreen. It doesnt feel like a split screen anymore and it looks like having multiple resized mini-PCterraria windows adjacent to each other. The zoom is limited and boxes are harder to see. Everything feels so cramped and i cant shoot faraway targets now.

Gameplay: So far, I'm excited to see the new content but i feel like waiting for the hotfixes to come and go because of the bugs and slowdowns. My sister had that bug where your stuff disappears into thin air when you select/use it and she has lost some important items. We had to turn off autosave to prevent our items from disappearing, however, we can only manually save the game by exiting now. The thing about doors not opening if there's an obstacle is annoying.People might get used to it over time, but ill still have a lot of remodeling to do because of it. I just watched my siblings get slaughtered by skeletron on expert mode using pre-hard mode equips and it looked fun.

you couldn't before unless you talked to the guide or after you already made if I remembered or had the right items in your inventory.
Absolutely incorrect. You could peruse through crafting logs of items you have the ability to make since you had discovered the items needed. However, the items did not have to actually be present in you inventory to be able to see what you could craft with them. But, they did need to be there when it came time to craft something with them.

Can we just have a toggled ability to go between the old inventory and the new one? Because I already wear glasses and this will need me to wear full on binoculars attempting to read the inventory. And the new crafting system, I strongly dislike it. Since there are over +800 items, with the majority of them crafted, how are we supposed to remember exactly what we are supposed to bring to the table? I liked the old system because of how you unlocked recipes and they would stay there, no matter the contents of your inventory. Now we have this (Un)optimized pc stuff that is very difficult to view on a large screen. No offense, but if we didn't have the new bosses and events, this update would've been garbo.

Last edited:
You're completely right: it should never have been added to the console version. But the fact that it was doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't have been.

I said this in a bug report but I need to know ASAP

I joined a friends world straight from my world but when I went to go back on my world it was replaced with his new world. So I go to lots of end game items to nothing. Any solutions at all?!

I have an issue where the game would freeze when I die during the pillars event. Plz fix:red2:
Send as much detail as possible to the bug report form. The more information you provide (what weapon you were using, what gear you had, any pets or summons, does it happen every time or just when it’s nighttime, etc), the faster Pipeworks can investigate a solution. Send your bug here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I said this in a bug report but I need to know ASAP

I joined a friends world straight from my world but when I went to go back on my world it was replaced with his new world. So I go to lots of end game items to nothing. Any solutions at all?!
Sorry to hear that your world was overwritten. Since you sent in your bug report, hopefully all of the detailed information that you send can help Pipeworks pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately, I know of no way to get your world back besides loading it from your backup.

Keep some things in mind while reading the complaints from your fanbase:

We have played this game for years now, many of us with our families and friends.

It is glaringly obvious you did not test this update on the console with a control group, or worse yet you did and sent it out anyway.

Fix the UI issues...struggle if you need to and bring back the touch pad zoom. Remove the annoying transparency and flashy text. Find out why the game is locking up during events or weather pattern. Allow the players options to be saved and not reset every time we load the game.

Regardless of if something "should not have been" part of a version of the game, it has been for years. We did not code it into the game and release it, as the game is not open source.

We understand the frustration of being pressured to meet timelines and making a fan base happy. Just test it next time, find players who want to test it (and I'm sure you will get a multitude of volunteers), and release a better product. This update has made the game unplayable for my children and I, since we can barely see the UI anymore during split screen (too small). Having to explain this to them, and not have our regular "Dad game time" with Terraria is very frustrating.

I've been reading this forum for days now and am seeing the same things repeated and seeing the responses and replies getting more and more negative. My apologies for being blunt and direct...but I'm all out of sugar.

How do I load from a backup
[doublepost=1513445499,1513445461][/doublepost]
Send as much detail as possible to the bug report form. The more information you provide (what weapon you were using, what gear you had, any pets or summons, does it happen every time or just when it’s nighttime, etc), the faster Pipeworks can investigate a solution. Send your bug here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Sorry to hear that your world was overwritten. Since you sent in your bug report, hopefully all of the detailed information that you send can help Pipeworks pinpoint the issue. Unfortunately, I know of no way to get your world back besides loading it from your backup.

[doublepost=1513445499,1513445461][/doublepost]

I put everything on the cloud and a usb drive first. Then deleted the files on the PS4. Once the game updated and loaded once, I brought in the old files one at a time (characters then world's).

If you have PS+ the saved games and data should still be there

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but could you add a setting to alter how snappy the cursors are? They feel extremely sluggish to me. The cursors in the previous update worked very well, but with the new way you did them I feel like I'm being hindered too much. Can't build a shelter in a pickle fast enough.

See the pic below. This is from the PC. You have to be in a world to see this. It would really be a shame if they took away our d-pad and touch-pad controls to make it "just like PC", and then fail to give us interface controls that the PC has.
Yes that is the PC. This is the PS 4 - totally different and there is no Zoom available. Sorry it took so long to post this - had to wait to get home to get the picture to post. Hope they add some kind of Zoom option soon.
General Settings PS4.JPG

I don’t think I have a backup

I put everything on the cloud and a usb drive first. Then deleted the files on the PS4. Once the game updated and loaded once, I brought in the old files one at a time (characters then world's).

If you have PS+ the saved games and data should still be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom