Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's related in any way but I just want to point out the utter INSANITY of the developers to choose to have transfer, drop and trash commands all bound to the EXACT SAME BUTTON - but dependant on context for it to change between functions when UI, and specifically inventory management is being used!!!

It's not actually a double mapped button here that's the problem. It's a glitch with the button making your items disappear. Not thrown in Garbage, not dropped. Just GONE.

So I posted this on the other thread to,sent multiple tickets and no response. My Angler won't respawn. He died while I was fighting a solar pillar and just hasn't showed up again.
1. No there are no events ongoing.
2. Obviously I have extra rooms
3. Yes lol I did find him in the first place.
4. Tried checking the beaches again,nothing.
I'd appreciate any help.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this before, but when you load a world in single player, for the most part it runs smoothly. But if you load the same world in multiplayer, even without someone joining, the game lags substationally more. Easiest to see by digging straight down to the underworld and run around down there.

Also, one of my worlds I created to test that, half the world didn’t generate. It’s just empty.

something small but the Christmas Hook only displays blue and green lights when it's meant to display red, green, blue, and yellow lights. I started from scratch because why not? lol

Please give us the ability to change the size of the UI, it's far too large currently. We should be able to zoom in and out the UI, just like on PC. I'm a much bigger fan of the zoomed out, 1080p UI than the screen-crunched 720p UI. Being able to make the UI smaller would be much better, allowing us to see more of the screen. Just my two cents, the update is great otherwise, save for a few bugs that have already been mentioned.

I've just logged this bug, which I've seen mentioned elsewhere, but noticed a pattern between multiple occurrences. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen the same:

Hi, me and my son play in split screen all the time. We started getting his screen (top 1) stretching (vertically, to roughly 2x character height, so we could only just see the top part of his screen) mid-way through events. The first was during a Martian invasion. If I saved and exited, his screen returned to normal. If I re-entered the game, his screen would stretch out again. When the event finished, I was able to log in again.

However, and this could be the key point, there was also a blood moon going on during the invasion. I mention this, because we had the same stretching again today, during a blood moon, but no other event other than heavy rainfall. We can't remember if there was rainfall during the first instance. As soon as the blood moon finished, I was able to rejoin with no issues.

Also, is anyone else finding that you can't zoom out any where near as far as you were previously able to? In split screen, this makes the boss fights very tricky. We were trying the fight the Lunatic Cultist, but most of the time, we had no idea where he was on the screen. This was with zooming out as far as possible.

Thanks.

I've just logged this bug, which I've seen mentioned elsewhere, but noticed a pattern between multiple occurrences. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has seen the same:

Hi, me and my son play in split screen all the time. We started getting his screen (top 1) stretching (vertically, to roughly 2x character height, so we could only just see the top part of his screen) mid-way through events. The first was during a Martian invasion. If I saved and exited, his screen returned to normal. If I re-entered the game, his screen would stretch out again. When the event finished, I was able to log in again.

However, and this could be the key point, there was also a blood moon going on during the invasion. I mention this, because we had the same stretching again today, during a blood moon, but no other event other than heavy rainfall. We can't remember if there was rainfall during the first instance. As soon as the blood moon finished, I was able to rejoin with no issues.

Also, is anyone else finding that you can't zoom out any where near as far as you were previously able to? In split screen, this makes the boss fights very tricky. We were trying the fight the Lunatic Cultist, but most of the time, we had no idea where he was on the screen. This was with zooming out as far as possible.

Thanks.
Yep. I reported the wonky screen squish :)

Thanks.
I've experienced this too and noticed that it happens during any events as one time i was fighting moonlord and the top screen stretched

What are those ideas? Did you experiment with different things? Did something emerge as a stable trigger for the crash/no crash? Been trying to investigate that on my end.

At first it seemed as if the game crashed whenever I DIED during the pillars event, but found out it happened all the time. So I tested this with the current mounts I was using on legacy worlds and non-legacy worlds, post 1.3 and prior 1.3 characters and. (Specifically characters made before 1.3 and characters made after 1.3. I used post and prior 1.3 characters to rest different mounts with different items prior and after the release of 1.3. I did this twice with an empty inventory, and full inventory, again using different post and prior characters on post 1.3 worlds and legacy worlds. I found out it only happened with legacy characters and worlds regardless of events and inventory, however it would seem as if the game would occasionally freeze or crash when you were near the dungeon on a post 1.3 world with a legacy character.

My Idea: delete your legacy worlds and characters.
It's not the best idea but I enjoy starting fresh.
[doublepost=1513638296,1513638221][/doublepost]
No worries - apologies as well if I came off as overly harsh. There is a line where we are attacking people vs addressing issues and I felt we had crossed over that line.

That said, I would never want to stifle anyone's passion - that's what I've been saying in welcoming the feedback. All I am trying to do is steer the discussion towards ideas and solutions so that when the team can get to that phase (post-bug squashing), there is a nice robust list of complaints and aligned solutions so that the time between now and fixes can be shortened AND whatever goes in can be more likely to successfully address things. :)

I would assume so, yes - but those came in later versions of the game.

What are those ideas? Did you experiment with different things? Did something emerge as a stable trigger for the crash/no crash? Been trying to investigate that on my end.

Fixed as of late last night CST. Thanks for the report.

At first it seemed as if the game crashed whenever I DIED during the pillars event, but found out it happened all the time. So I tested this with the current mounts I was using on legacy worlds and non-legacy worlds, post 1.3 and prior 1.3 characters and. (Specifically characters made before 1.3 and characters made after 1.3. I used post and prior 1.3 characters to rest different mounts with different items prior and after the release of 1.3. I did this twice with an empty inventory, and full inventory, again using different post and prior characters on post 1.3 worlds and legacy worlds. I found out it only happened with legacy characters and worlds regardless of events and inventory, however it would seem as if the game would occasionally freeze or crash when you were near the dungeon on a post 1.3 world with a legacy character.

[doublepost=1513638296,1513638221][/doublepost]

That's useful information. Thanks!

Regarding the above post, how many of us are willing to start completely over after putting years into a character or world not out of choice but necessity?

From scratch, no pulling in end game items from your favorite character.

Has anyone else had their trophies wiped? Just noticed it last night.

Bless folks for posting how to actually zoom in. UI is the biggest issue I've encountered. I'm playing this game while sitting 10 to 15 feet away from my tv depending on whether I use the chair or the couch. Even at the nearer distance it's just impossible to see anything at the default size, and nowhere in the controls did it tell me how to do what should be—and used to be—one of the most basic things in the world (and zooming in and out is something necessary to make the game playable on a console. I need to zoom in to mine/explore and to build and zoom out somewhat for boss fights when evading). I shouldn't have had to exit my game to dig through the forum for a post on how to do something that important to the basic playability of the game.

Even zoomed all the way in, it's impossible to read some of the text. No clue for example what the fishing quest the Angler gave me was, and I'm not kicking my kitty off my lap constantly to walk across the living room to read text that should be visible at a normal sitting distance away from a 32" tv—cause not everybody's house has room for a 50". A slider for text size would be a solution that could be beneficial for the range of setups that console users have in their equipment and rooms.

I have to echo sentiments about inventory being unreadable with that tiny transparent overlay with the blinking text. My eyes hurt after an hour of playing today. Didn't even realize we could still assign housing, because I couldn't read the interface. And the prescription on my glasses is current, so my corrected vision is great.

Most other issues are minor annoyances. It's sometimes laggy with momentary freezes. I got frustrated at always having to walk into a closed door multiple times before it realizes it can open in the other direction because there is a chest or something on one side of it. Walking at the door from a nearer distance helps a lot, but it's still tetchy. It was never an issue before.

Also, finding it an unnecessary pain in the patoot that money won't quick stack any more. Especially, annoying when dragging the money into the bank/chest brings it over 100 and I have to manually craft my coins to the next denomination just to be able to store them.

Not sure why we lost the ability to save without exiting and the ability to exit without saving. Both have their uses. If we still have autosave as an option that we can turn off, why not manual saves to save when we actually want?

I'm sticking with classic console controls for now, because they make the most sense to how my brain is conditioned to use a controller. I turned on my d-pad mapping immediately because it is important to me for weapons and potions/buffs to have hotkeys. I intend to explore the custom controller mapping when I get a chance.

I did run into two glitches. One was scary, but nothing that exiting and restarting didn't fix. I'll check the bug thread later to see if anyone else has already reported the same experiences.

Even with the UI problems and those couple of glitches, there's been lots to love in the new update too. The new enemies that I've run into were really exciting, as are the new environments and art. Already ran into new items that I can't wait to try out too. I just might have to wait a little longer for an interface update before giving 1.3 a full exploration.

Can someone help me by telling me how to remove buff or view them,I cant seem to find it.

Also,I think pw should check into this as I have no idea what I did.or is them trying to fix the game

When you open up the menu, cycle to your equipment then click on the equip icon so it shows pet, light, mount etc. Go down each buff will become visible and you can cancel them there.

It took me forever to find that out myself.

Regarding the above post, how many of us are willing to start completely over after putting years into a character or world not out of choice but necessity?

From scratch, no pulling in end game items from your favorite character.

Has anyone else had their trophies wiped? Just noticed it last night.

I am one of those people who enjoy the thought of a new life. Clearly you are not that person. (I don't mean to be rude btw).

I have not noticed any change in trophies.
:redmunch:
[doublepost=1513648036,1513647972][/doublepost]
When you open up the menu, cycle to your equipment then click on the equip icon so it shows pet, light, mount etc. Go down each buff will become visible and you can cancel them there.

It took me forever to find that out myself.
Do you mind sending a pic?

IMG_2057.JPG
I am one of those people who enjoy the thought of a new life. Clearly you are not that person. (I don't mean to be rude btw).

I have not noticed any change in trophies.
:redmunch:
[doublepost=1513648036,1513647972][/doublepost]
Do you mind sending a pic?

Sorry it's not the clearest..(Unit One's instructions are much clearer).

It's needlessly complex and time consuming imo

Last edited:
For those having trouble removing a buff or summon, it is one of the things covered in the Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

I love the screen shots for the guide on how to view and cancel buffs. It's a good example of the problems with the UI. If the screenshot (or in this case photo) is so close that you can count the pixels (and indeed individual TV pixels) of the thing being explained then it's too small.

I'm not :red:ing, I'm just surprised the UI passed testing. All I can imagine is that it was done under controlled conditions, most likely 2 ft away from the 65" screen. Some of the info on the invo screen is a mere 10 pixels. From across a room it might as well be a full stop. Some of the new things such as stack in all nearby chests I didn't even realise was there. It was only after walking across the room to count my gold that I even noticed there were things below. Maybe if some things had been explained (especially things new to console player) rather than a rehashed changelog from the pc version, things would have gone smoother.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, including the new stuff, and I'm still enjoying it (except for invo and crafting). I just hope that UI improvements are way up the list of fixes, and not something that will happen in months. Myself, I can just about put up with the strain of reading, but I can see how for many this is a real issue. A game killing one, that needs urgent attention.

The inventory menu is just to small you can just manage to see things on 1 player but on 2 player it becomes a hard task to read what items yours using or crafting.

Also love Epic mode great addition to the game.

I do miss the hold inventory menu.

I do find it rather annoying how zooming works now and it would be better if you could zoom more in.

But the game is still great.

And I'm loving the new update great job guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom