Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I know a lot of work has gone into this update, but the new UI makes it unplayable. My wife and I play in split-screen mode and the combination of tiny font, flashing text and transparency mean that we just can't find any of the items in our inventory. Please please fix this so we can have our favourite game back!

Hey team, overall I'm very pleased with the content of the update! I've had a few bugs such as simply crashing to not being able to pick something up out of a chest, unless I back out then reopen it again. The UI is my main gripe. Sometimes when going to craft or open something, my inventory ends up blurring all the words together and I end up having to move or something so I can read it. I do miss the optimizations of the previous console UI, as housing, crafting, and overall inventory were neatly handled on their own screens. Just my two cents, thanks for giving us the PC content!

So I posted this on the other thread to,sent multiple tickets and no response. My Angler won't respawn. He died while I was fighting a solar pillar and just hasn't showed up again.
1. No there are no events ongoing.
2. Obviously I have extra rooms
3. Yes lol I did find him in the first place.
4. Tried checking the beaches again,nothing.
I'd appreciate any help.

Unless there is a known workaround, not sure how to help other than to make sure it has been seen (which I have). Sorry. :(

Regarding the above post, how many of us are willing to start completely over after putting years into a character or world not out of choice but necessity?

It is less anyone expecting you to do that and more assisting in the investigative work of the dev team as they follow the breadcrumbs to find the culprit in the code that is causing the crashes. (that was a lot of C's)

I just hope that UI improvements are way up the list of fixes

Top of the list that I have regarding what I would term "Feedback Adjustments" - I reserve the term fixes for actual bugs. Its just easier for me to keep track of it that way. ;)

im not sure if this is a mechanic im not understanding or not but I cant set a spawn point in a suitable house i built in the ocean biome. i thought it was a martian bed problem but i brought over my main bed and it didnt let me set the spawn point in the ocean house with my working bed either. Again, the menu says my house is suitable. Its made of martian furniture/martian walls with blue brick.

Does it work with other beds in the same house? Does it work with other building sets?

Unless there is a known workaround, not sure how to help other than to make sure it has been seen (which I have). Sorry. :(

It is less anyone expecting you to do that and more assisting in the investigative work of the dev team as they follow the breadcrumbs to find the culprit in the code that is causing the crashes. (that was a lot of C's)

Top of the list that I have regarding what I would term "Feedback Adjustments" - I reserve the term fixes for actual bugs. Its just easier for me to keep track of it that way. ;)

Does it work with other beds in the same house? Does it work with other building sets?

Replying to Siftermalik; it was just an idea I had, jeez why u so harsh.

I am ecstatic about terraria finally being updated again on console! The one thing that bothers me is that the trophy list hasn't been updated though!
The PC version has new achievements for updates, why cant console versions get the same trophies/achievements added?

I love the game but trophy hunting really makes the game more enjoyable for me. I already got the plat back when the ps3 version came out. :)

Love what you guys do! Thanks for reading.

I have some ideas for quality of life improvements, such as an option to save manually from the menu. Another thing i think would help is an "are you sure" screen to come up after you hit exit. I lost a lot of loot by accidentally exiting the game.

P.S. the solar pillar centipede enemy is broken, every time it kills me my game freezes and i have to stop the game and re-start it

Not sure which team it would be best to ask, but could you create an official thread about whether something is a bug, or an intentional change?

I never asked, but why did this have to be a forced update? And it would have been nice to have been notified in advance what this "update" was going to do to the UI & gameplay (not everyone's online & reading up on games that have been out for years). It completely ruined the simple charm of the console version. If I wanted to play the PC version (which I also do), I would play it on my PC, where everything works right. Not to mention that this kills off my ability to cross-save with the PS3 & Vita versions. It's too bad games can't be played without the latest updates, or else I would have blocked this (which you can't do anyways). I really would welcome a way to go back to the previous version, but they've already confirmed that they're not going to let us.

Yes, I've brought up all of my problems in earlier posts. Sorry, I've just gotten a lot more salty.

Sometimes (ok alot) I come off as ebrasive as sandpaper glued to a 2x4 slamming into someone's face from a moving vehicle with a rock tied to the back.

My main concern now is world and character security during multiplayer, and wanting assurances that random X player cannot enter what is intended as a private game between my children and I and close invited friends. I've got a present sitting under the tree so we can play Terraria, Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, and eventually ESO together. If we are having to worry about X player griefing us or destroying our world, what's the point in ever playing anything other than split screen? Will this be a future patch/update, and if yes, when?

I've asked this in another post as well.

Do I need to add imaginary nails to the board now too?

~snip~

Will this be a future patch/update, and if yes, when?

I've asked this in another post as well.

Do I need to add imaginary nails to the board now too?

Invite Only is on the list for a future patch, it's a valid concern that others would partake in less than genuine behavior. For now though, if you're just playing Splitscreen, you can play on Offline accounts together, so you should have no issues with other people.

Hi!

I created an account just to give some feedback. I just recently bought Terraria for PS4 a couple of weeks ago, and so only have spent about 10-15 hours in it, so I am nowhere near as invested as many of you are. However, I wanted to give a beginner's perspective on the new update. Mainly on the crafting situation, and how it affects my gameplay.

After having read through much (but not all) of the thread I wanted to sit down and play some to see if the initial issues I had with the update perhaps wasn't as bad as I first thought. My first impressions were that I no longer could comfortably craft items that I need to create another "base" with a bed, so I don't have to return home every time I died.

After reading the thread I discovered that I could give the Guide materials to see what I can craft with them. I did not know that before. It might've been told to me in the beginning, but it was probably too much information going into my head at that point to take note of that. I also very seldom interacted with the Guide, since he moved into a home deep in the underground and not my "base home". It wasn't until a couple of days before the update that he moved into the base home again.

Allright, so I decided to skip the "craft-bed-and-items-needed-for-a-new-base" mission and just go and find a new area to explore. I found some rather large bodies of water that I wanted to see where they led. However, I didn't have enough glowsticks, and thought this was a good way to get help from the guide. I first thought I needed a torch to craft glowsticks. After scrolling through the rather long list up and down a couple of time (to make sure I didn't miss anything) the torch was the wrong object. I then tried with gels, but I couldn't find any glowsticks in the list. The only reference to it I found (and I can't remember if it was with the torch of the gel) was that I could craft sticky glowsticks, but for that I needed the green ones, which I had no idea how to craft. I tried with a couple of other materials (some of which gave me rather long lists to scroll through) and went to my chests to pick some items I thought could be used. After about 15-20 minutes I gave up.

I still have no idea how to craft glowsticks and just got frustrated and ended my session.

Now, I am not mad or angry at the developers for the update. I bought it during a big PS Store discount period, so I didn't pay that much. But I am baffled at the developers for thinking that this is actually good game design. Because it really isn't. At first I saw the material discovery as a sort of progression system throughout the game. You found a new material and could see what you could craft and what other materials you needed. It created a sort of Zelda-esque childish discovery feeling. "Wow, that thing looks really cool and it can help me get to other areas, I just need to keep an eye out for the missing materials!". Whereas right now, all that is gone and I am left with constantly scrolling through long lists of reciepes, hoping to get it right. An incredible time consuming trial and error system when you know what you want, but don't know how to get it.

All in all, the time spent discovering and digging through the world have been reduced since I have to spent way more time figuring out what to craft.

As I said, I didn't pay much for this, so I'm not really angry. I am, however, sad that the update made a fun game totally unplayable for me. Some people perhaps like it this way, I don't. I might try the game out again in 6 months or so, but since the developers seems to think this is a good change, I have little faith that the crafting situation will be remedied.

I could live with the UI being different (I'm on a 104" projector, so it doesn't affect me as much, and I'm sure you'll come up with a solution to stop text overlaying other text so you can't read) or the other changes, but crafting is a deal breaker.

Thanks for 10-15 hours of fun, but I won't be playing the game anymore. It just isn't fun now.

Invite Only is on the list for a future patch, it's a valid concern that others would partake in less than genuine behavior. For now though, if you're just playing Splitscreen, you can play on Offline accounts together, so you should have no issues with other people.

Terraria as I said earlier was a weekend go-to for my family, so what timeframe are we talking here? They will ask, since the PS3/PS4 cross play functionality is forever gone, and we just got a second PS4.

Beating a dead horse is not my intent, but maybe trying to pet a unicorn with intent to have a conversation is. I mean after all we do have rainbow staffs, wands, mounts, why not make it an NPC, the Unicorn Lord. Quest to save him in a new castle in the sky you earn if you beat the King Demon. Legend reference? Nah.

Good to know, thanks. However, this was just one example. The same applies to anything that you know that you want, but it might not be apparent what the crafting ingredients should be. As I stated, a time consuming trial and error system which makes the game less fun.

Sounds bad but I did not use the Guide nearly at all at first. Instead it was Wikipedia, Google, or one of the many crafting apps on my phone. My son showed it to me. Now it's about 50/50, whichever is closer.

Good to know, thanks. However, this was just one example. The same applies to anything that you know that you want, but it might not be apparent what the crafting ingredients should be. As I stated, a time consuming trial and error system which makes the game less fun.
You can always consult the guide if needed. You can also use the wiki. Also, the UI was changed to be more in line with the PC version. It may be more difficult to use at first, but I'm sure it will grow on you. I welcome the parity between PC and console, it will make playing both, or switching from one to the other a much more seamless experience. Only thing I could ask for is for them to add UI scaling from the PC version, that would surely address complaints about the UI being too small. I think the UI is too large, personally, but that's just me.

The PC version has new achievements for updates, why cant console versions get the same trophies/achievements added?

They are in as in-game "Accomplishments" - unfortunately, adjusting achievements themselves is a good bit more restrictive (from my understanding)

Not sure which team it would be best to ask, but could you create an official thread about whether something is a bug, or an intentional change?

Just report it/talk about it and we can parse it to the right list. If you want to know just to know, feel free to ask via pm or whatever.

I never asked, but why did this have to be a forced update? And it would have been nice to have been notified in advance what this "update" was going to do to the UI & gameplay (not everyone's online & reading up on games that have been out for years)

There is not a way to really have "two branches of one game" on a single console to my knowledge.

Screens and streams and videos have been shared for a while. Sorry if things still caught you off guard. :(

Terraria as I said earlier was a weekend go-to for my family, so what timeframe are we talking here? They will ask, since the PS3/PS4 cross play functionality is forever gone, and we just got a second PS4.

The feedback list is first up after the major bugs get hit. I personally find the "invite only" to sit in an odd area between the two. So, I would figure it will be a priority item - but after the crashes and such are cleared up. As for when precisely that is? Cannot say other than to say that PW remains very hard at work on all of this as we speak so that when Sony opens back up, they can immediately send in "wave two" of fixes.

For the crafting stuff, if I want to circumvent the Guide dynamic, the Wiki has an app that I keep installed on my phone.

Thank you Loki. I'm off tomorrow so I'll test the crud out of it in split screen with old/new etc etc. Thank the team for the pre holiday crunch time work

Thank you Loki. I'm off tomorrow so I'll test the crud out of it in split screen with old/new etc etc. Thank the team for the pre holiday crunch time work

Thank you - and everyone else - for the info and feedback you have provided. That kind of engagement is what gives the team direction to press forward.

Enjoy the day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom