Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the day is finally here! You have Console Terraria 1.3 in your hands at last - so as you dig ever deeper into the tons of new content and features, come back here and let us know what you think.

Do not report Bugs here - those should be reported via the Official Bug Reporting Form > CLICK HERE FOR THAT

This thread is for more subjective feedback about how you feel about the changes and content. Keep in mind a few things while doing so:
  • As the 1.3 content itself is well ingrained into the game at this point, changes to that functionality are less likely (and keep in mind that 1.3.1 - 1.3.5 will evolve it once those come)
  • There are some definite changes to the way Console operates as well as the UI, etc. Feedback on that is welcome.
  • Keep it constructive. Please leave any personal attacks and the like at home. :)
  • Keep it focused. Make it easier for the dev teams to read and understand the feedback being given. Posts that stray too far from this may be removed and/or action taken.

index.php

That said, we are all interested to hear what you think!
As long as if been waiting for this update, the console versions felt special in its own way. Being totally different from PC and I can understand it was a long time coming for 1.3. But to make it identical to the PC version, I think, was not the way to go with it. The UI menus just feel out of place for the consoles. Everything is so hard to see. Item, weapons, etc all pop up over the item and makes It super hard to see, whether sitting close or far. I hate that the zoom in/out is taken away from the touch pad and now have to pause, push a button, unpause. Crafting "menu" like the UI in game menu, is so infuriating. The specifially made crafting UI menu, I believe should have stayed and not have the code written out. Overall, still love the game but I feel this "new" update is telling me to buy a keyboard and mouse.

Does the mini map ever acquire zoom functionality? Up~Down »Mini map ; Left~Right »Screen Zoom «¬Just a thought. Touchpad swipes?

Does the mini map ever acquire zoom functionality? Up~Down »Mini map ; Left~Right »Screen Zoom «¬Just a thought. Touchpad swipes?

That would be a great use of the touchpad, when the map is up. But I doubt they will implement anything like that though, as they seem to be homogenising all the versions of terraria, so if the Xbox controller doesn't have a touchpad, then PS4 won't use it either it seems.

Also btw pipeworks, the map controls are horrendous. Who tested that and ticked it off as complete. Using an ANALOGUE stick and getting a digital response in movement across the map with zero finesse in the control of the cursor is infuriating. Sick of playing wack-a-mole just trying to sit the cursor over the point I want it to go to.

Also the map movement in split screen (though this might just be a bug for me, not like it isn't awash with them in every facet of the game already) gets stuck trying to recenter itself when I'm moving the map about. Like, it will move an amount, then rebound half that distance, it's again, infuriating. But this only happens for player 1, whilst in split screen.

Ive only plays an hour or two of this update and it's a baffling mess of bugs. It couldn't *not* be known to be an ABSOLUTE hot mess. But there's always a point where the Devs have to call it quits and push it out the door because of some kind of deadline - whatever that reason is.

I'm sure pipeworks feels terrible about it and knew this backlash was coming (they're not stupid) but wow. It really is a garbage truck on fire.

I hope in a month or two most of the issues are smoothed out/fixed/reworked and we can all start enjoying the game again. I'm done for just now, my son litteraly has cried 3 times because of game breaking bugs on different occasions ruining his gameplay experience in different ways each time.

We've had to agree just not to play it untill it's fixed. Such a shame.

That would be a great use of the touchpad, when the map is up. But I doubt they will implement anything like that though, as they seem to be homogenising all the versions of terraria, so if the Xbox controller doesn't have a touchpad, then PS4 won't use it either it seems.

Also btw pipeworks, the map controls are horrendous. Who tested that and ticked it off as complete. Using an ANALOGUE stick and getting a digital response in movement across the map with zero finesse in the control of the cursor is infuriating. Sick of playing wack-a-mole just trying to sit the cursor over the point I want it to go to.

Also the map movement in split screen (though this might just be a bug for me, not like it isn't awash with them in every facet of the game already) gets stuck trying to recenter itself when I'm moving the map about. Like, it will move an amount, then rebound half that distance, it's again, infuriating. But this only happens for player 1, whilst in split screen.

Ive only plays an hour or two of this update and it's a baffling mess of bugs. It couldn't *not* be known to be an ABSOLUTE hot mess. But there's always a point where the Devs have to call it quits and push it out the door because of some kind of deadline - whatever that reason is.

I'm sure pipeworks feels terrible about it and knew this backlash was coming (they're not stupid) but wow. It really is a garbage truck on fire.

I hope in a month or two most of the issues are smoothed out/fixed/reworked and we can all start enjoying the game again. I'm done for just now, my son litteraly has cried 3 times because of game breaking bugs on different occasions ruining his gameplay experience in different ways each time.

We've had to agree just not to play it untill it's fixed. Such a shame.

Playtesting=Voldemort. Careful you'll also be hated and told your perception of reality is false.

Is there going to be a 1.3 update for the xbox 360? If there is or has been, I don't see it in updates.
no, its been stated many times that 1.3 can not in any way run on the Xbox 360 or other old gen consoles due to the fact they just can't handle them physically with 10+ year old hardware. shoot for a current gen console for a short term fix or a at minimum low budget PC around the cost of a console and go from their m8

I play on Xbox but I'm not really frustrated. All these other guys are getting angry for nothing.:redmunch: For all the Xbox players out there, just play other games untill the update comes out. It's the reason consoles have more than enough storage to play ONE game. I just made an account but I've seen a lot of angry people over the last month. I'm so glad to finally blow off all my Steam. (lol u get it:D)

I play on Xbox but I'm not really frustrated. All these other guys are getting angry for nothing.:redmunch: For all the Xbox players out there, just play other games untill the update comes out. It's the reason consoles have more than enough storage to play ONE game. I just made an account but I've seen a lot of angry people over the last month. I'm so glad to finally blow off all my Steam. (lol u get it:D)

Might actually be an easier port over to the Xbox, and they have some lessons learned from this release.

My concern now is with the virtual bug in intel chipsets, recent viruses, and the 40% reduction will cause issues with the servers later.

I feel the same about the concern, but I don't get what you mean by 40% reduction. I feel like it's important to know so I'm not confused about it.:confused:

I feel the same about the concern, but I don't get what you mean by 40% reduction. I feel like it's important to know so I'm not confused about it.:confused:

Sorry just this:
http://pythonsweetness.tumblr.com/post/169166980422/the-mysterious-case-of-the-linux-page-table

There are alot of viruses being discussed like Spectre, and the DoD/NSA information leak as well. Might effect PlayStation users which is why I mentioned it.

Sorry for any confusion.

PlayStation uses AMD, same with XBox, and it's mainly server side reduction with the patch to fix the error.

We also couldn't figure out how to kick them
If not answered already you need to open the inventory press R1 to highlight the Equipment, left stick to move left over to highlight and open the Player List and you should be able to kick anyone you don't' want in your world you can also invite from there too. And there shouldn't really be randoms joining but could be anyone on your Friend List!

How do I bind my favourite weapons etc. to my D-pad?
If not answered already while In the Control Settings, you can check the Directional Buttons Hotbar under Quick Navigation to use D-Pad Shortcuts, and I still know get what Directional Button Cursor Snap even does, and if it is that more precise build cursor it isn't needed and has nothing to do with Quick Navigation!

And you have to reset these D-Pad Shortcuts each time you enter a world till a patch is released for it!

You can set it to like Square or a D-pad direction then change it back to what square or d-pad was set to on before, if you use the D-Pad and don't change it back you won't have the D-Pad Shortcuts!

That would be a great use of the touchpad
I want touchpad gestures like swipe up, down, left, right and pinching in and out for the zoom would be better and there should be like 2 extra Left and Right touchpad buttons that could be used cause if anyone has ever played Ys VIII there are lots of settings you could set to the touchpad gestures and touchpad buttons.

Had to make an account just to express my anger at this 'update'. I' disgusted the devs even gave us this absolute trash after so long. Was so excited to play this. First time I went and fought a tower, my terra blade and vampire knives were deleted. After spending hours getting them back, tried to fight them again, whole character was deleted. Said screw this, imported a different character and built structures for around 7 hours. Tried to fight towers a third time, game froze and deleted all the progress I had made in the last 7 hours. DO NOT PLAT THIS UPDATE UNTIL THIS TRASH IS PATCHED! This update is horrid and should not have been released to the public. If you value your time, your characters and your world, DO NOT PLAY UNTIL THE GAME IS FIXED. You've been warned.

Had to make an account just to express my anger at this 'update'. I' disgusted the devs even gave us this absolute trash after so long. Was so excited to play this. First time I went and fought a tower, my terra blade and vampire knives were deleted. After spending hours getting them back, tried to fight them again, whole character was deleted. Said screw this, imported a different character and built structures for around 7 hours. Tried to fight towers a third time, game froze and deleted all the progress I had made in the last 7 hours. DO NOT PLAT THIS UPDATE UNTIL THIS TRASH IS PATCHED! This update is horrid and should not have been released to the public. If you value your time, your characters and your world, DO NOT PLAY UNTIL THE GAME IS FIXED. You've been warned.
I guess that is why we shouldn't be mad to wait on Xbox.

Did you die while a minion was out like the stardust dragon? Is the Autosave even On? and before trying to fight the pillars and dying should really make back up saves to PS+ and USB and alternate each time you back up saves. Cause after any crash and/or a loss of progress it should be a sign to back up saves before trying the same thing again!

How do you do that now?
If you have PS+ and before starting Terraria, Press Options and then pick Upload/Download Saved Date, then you get the options to Upload All or pick the files you want to upload, and if you need to download you can download all or pick the ones you want, any of these will overwrite anything you pick to save over.

To use USB and another way to use PS+
Settings>Application Saved Data Management>Saved Data in System Storage Upload to Online Storage or Copy to USB Storage Device.
and 2 USB or more would be best in case a recent save gets Corrupted! And just PS+ and USB would be ok just don't save twice to the same device!

And with PS+ you can pick what games saves are auto-upload when rest mode is being used just don't' use rest mode if already save to PS+ you'll see this option in the "Application Saved Data Management" menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom