Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I meant in-game; before we could press L1/R1 to upload/download worlds & characters when on their respective selection screens.

Sorry, I meant in-game; before we could press L1/R1 to upload/download worlds & characters when on their respective selection screens.
Yeah there is no more uploading but you should be able to upload on the ps3 if you have ps3 that is and you should be able to download on the ps4, but how would the conversion even work with the older saves even the ps4 saves before the conversion that was uploaded?

Likely done to make it harder to just give stuff away and restore the worlds, characters and to make it harder to dupe stuff but still seems possible in some ways! So they shouldn't have removed the Exit and Without Saving and there is no Manual Save option either because like when if/when I get something rare I would really like to save instead of having to wait for an autosave to happen and I don't just want to Save and Exit either. and once the game crashed when I tried to Save and Exit while it was in the process of Autosaving, this is another reason I hate about Save and Exit, cause more bad things can happen with Autosave and Save and Exit

u can only download now :'(

But when I tried to download just once so far just to see what was there! The game crashed, well I guess I could try to download again, but what should be listed in these downloadable worlds?

So does download try to download and save to new slots or show you a list of Characters/Worlds to download and would it overwrite anything in the same slot? I would like to see if I can find my 1st world from the ps3.

But when I tried to download just once so far just to see what was there! The game crashed, well I guess I could try to download again, but what should be listed in these downloadable worlds?

So does download try to download and save to new slots or show you a list of Characters/Worlds to download and would it overwrite anything in the same slot? I would like to see if I can find my 1st world from the ps3.
When i checked tht there was only 3 worlds like i know i uploaded more worlds than tht

Cross-save was going to end if you ever wanted 1.3. Vita and PS3 cannot properly run Terraria beyond 1.2.4.

So while that is indeed true it is also beside the point you are trying to make (that being you don’t like the UI)

Cross-save was going to end if you ever wanted 1.3. Vita and PS3 cannot properly run Terraria beyond 1.2.4.

So while that is indeed true it is also beside the point you are trying to make (that being you don’t like the UI)
But I'm not sure I understand why we can't still upload/download the save files with L1/R1 individually anymore; as the link with last gen is broken, what difference does it make?

Also, they're right; save without exit would be great to have again, as the fear of a game crashing the moment you get a rare drop you've been chasing for ages would be greatly reduced.

But I'm not sure I understand why we can't still upload/download the save files with L1/R1 individually anymore; as the link with last gen is broken, what difference does it make?

Also, they're right; save without exit would be great to have again, as the fear of a game crashing the moment you get a rare drop you've been chasing for ages would be greatly reduced.
The waiting for autosave before game crashes really bugs me i have lost so much good items, i would really like it if they would put the save button back

The waiting for autosave before game crashes really bugs me i have lost so much good items, i would really like it if they would put the save button back

There are alot of things everyone has mentioned that we want back. I don't think they are bringing them back. Like the touch pad zoom, player triggered saves, console friendly and visible menus, etc.

I hope I'm wrong...I really do.

But what do we know...we're just paying customers...many of whom if the game was improved would pay for the game again (if fixed).

Too blunt? Yeh I'm hated anyways.

Last edited:
There are alot of things everyone has mentioned that we want back. I don't think they are bringing them back. I've touch pad zoom, player triggered saves, console friendly and visible menus, etc.

I hope I'm wrong...I really do.

But what do we know...we're just paying customers...many of whom if the game was improved would pay for the game again (if fixed).

Too blunt? Yeh I'm hated anyways.
one thing tht bugs me off a lot is the touchpad zoom, it was perfect. but now the touch pad isnt even needed for anything, and now we have to click option(where we could die if autopause isn't on) and R2

So was the option to upload and download your save data only there for cross save functionality? I thought it was so you could back up your world to the cloud in case you lost local data (in much the same way as it works on pc) if that is the case, why is there the option to download saved worlds and characters on the new version if it's incompatible with the cross save feature now?

And if it's not to do with that, why was the upload feature not included in this update but the download was? Seems like a bit of an oversight.

If Someone buys the game now and they have the option to download nothing from the cloud? Thats a feature that's been added but doesn't actually work or do anything? Or someone accidentally downloads old PS3 or vita characters or worlds and it converts and overwrites Thier new 1.3 PS4 world after they made progress in it?

I'm'm sorry I'm not seeing any logic in either option. You either need to have upload AND download, or none at all.

I don't know how the PS4 upload/download couldn't be disconnected from the PS3 vita cloud backups and then kept as it was. If it's some technical back end reason then why is the download option there? Currently I can't see any use in it if it's download only, can you suggest any?

It just seems like a feature that wasn't finished.

If Someone buys the game now and they have the option to download nothing from the cloud? Thats a feature that's been added but doesn't actually work or do anything? Or someone accidentally downloads old PS3 or vita characters or worlds and it converts and overwrites Thier new 1.3 PS4 world after they made progress in it

That's exactly what happened to me. I lost my progress thanks to the download mess overwriting my saves between my PS4 & Vita. Made me so mad...I swear, every time I play this, it's one headache after another...

Can anyone who has lost an item for no reason from their inventory tell me what it was and from which slot?

I've lost 2 pickaxes from the same slot, that were there one minute and then gone the next. I'm wondering if it's the slot, or the item type.

The slot I lost the from was the second down, on the right hand side. If the inventory were a grid, the slot in question would be B-10.

So was the option to upload and download your save data only there for cross save functionality?

Don't know, would have to defer to Pipeworks in regards to what is and is not possible on PS4 nowadays. I know you can apparently up/down on cloud with PS+, but no idea without that (I have XB1, so I mean it when I say I do not know). I doubt it was solely there in the past for that one feature.

Still, the point on desiring crossplay/cross-save remains even if this feature worked precisely as it once did.

@ClearConscious ^ not sure if you have any insights on this feature?

As I have said several times, all feedback has been heard and jotted down - as to what will be done and when, that is all TBD once the major bugs that persist are eliminated. I do doubt that some things will be coming back - though I also suspect others will see tweaks that will hopefully satisfy some of the expressed desires.

why is the download option there? Currently I can't see any use in it if it's download only, can you suggest any?

For anyone who still has Terraria on the PS3 and for if/when they ever get a PS4 and Terraria again for the PS4 they could upload their ps3 characters and worlds (hopefully before they think about selling the system and game if physical) and then download them back on the ps4!

You didn't need ps+ to upload and download as it was in the pre pipework build as I used it when my kids destroyed one of my worlds and downloaded it and I never had ps+ just local multi.

You didn't need ps+ to upload and download as it was in the pre pipework build as I used it when my kids destroyed one of my worlds and downloaded it and I never had ps+ just local multi.
Well now on the PS4 you'll need PS+'s Online Storage or at least 2-3 USB flash drives I would say 3 to safer.

What are you even talking about? Prior to the update Terraria had it built in to upload a world and character plus download both. Multiplayer functionality was the only time ps+ was needed then. Now it's a bit different. Not sure where your nonsensical reply comes from.

What are you even talking about? Prior to the update Terraria had it built in to upload a world and character plus download both. Multiplayer functionality was the only time ps+ was needed then. Now it's a bit different. Not sure where your nonsensical reply comes from.
u cant upload ur dat or download it without ps+ in terraria prior 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom