Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is happening on doors and tall gates? Is it all types of doors? Just living wood doors? Does it only happen in that tree or does it happen elsewhere as well?

I also have lots of these flickering doors as shown in video! Also near the end, there was a door that wasn't flickering but others in the NPC house still was flickering!

That's why I said "plan B". By clicking L3 you can summon/dismiss it very easily, meaning you can fly/fall kind of like wings.
I'll just change my key bindings before and after boss fights like I've been doing. It's annoying but it's the only way I can play how I like it

Sorry if this has been discussed, I read back a few pages but haven't read the full thread.

I just started playing on the xbox1 a few months ago, will I lose all of the console specific weapons & armor once the update goes through? Should I sell off what I can before the update?

Thanks
Dan

Sorry if this has been discussed, I read back a few pages but haven't read the full thread.

I just started playing on the xbox1 a few months ago, will I lose all of the console specific weapons & armor once the update goes through? Should I sell off what I can before the update?

Thanks
Dan
Pets are being removed, but dragon armor is being converted to vanity wear, Weapons and such are converted to alternates of the same tier.

Last edited:

Thanks
Dan
Hi Dan, you can read more about the console exclusive items, and what will happen to them, along with other popularly asked questions here: Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

Pets are being removed, but dragon armor is being converted to vanity wear, possibly the same for frost armor don’t quote me on that. Weapons and such are converted to alternates of the same tier.
frost armor is also available on PC and i need to quote you on this so that this is coherent in the mass amounts of replies

Maybe this is bc I play both pc and console but I like the new UI changes and control changes. There are tweaks that need to be made (opacity issues, crafting station requirement, and tool tips in the way) but on the whole I think changing it too much, like some previous suggestions, make it look/feel more like a mobile game. Keeping it closer to pc will let console catch up on updates faster and from playing both I know there's some I'm looking forward to. That said the minor (hopefully, no dev here) tweaks I mentioned shouldn't hinder that and make it much easier for console players to navigate, just can't take it too far.

Excited to finally experience new material.

Log into game. All items in inventory deleted. All items in piggy bank and safe deleted.

Awesome.

EDIT: seems to only have been the first character when I first logged in. Every other character was unaffected. Weird.

Figures I log into my main first though -_-

Last edited:
@Loki I don't know if this is normal but it's definitely different from before 1.3 but the map is showing its daylight when in fact it's dark.

Also had a slime spawn in my house on expert. It's a legit house because the guide moved in.

Okay so. I started a new character and world specifically for this update, and I gotta say I wasnt expecting it to be this new. Just expected the new bosses and events to be in it. This certainly at least blew away my expectations and i havent even dug into the ground yet. Nice work!

@Loki I don't know if this is normal but it's definitely different from before 1.3 but the map is showing its daylight when in fact it's dark.

Also had a slime spawn in my house on expert. It's a legit house because the guide moved in.
expert mode allows random enemy to spawn in "towns" to add to the challenge that you cant huddle with npcs and be safe forever

Just got console 1.3 and I love it. however the screen bounds go off of my TV. I can only see the half the hotbar and the controls in the bottom corner are half off the screen also. Not enough to make the game completely unplayable but just enough to bother me. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom