Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Old Man won't spawn again after you defeat Skeletron once in a world.

If you want to fight Skeletron again, there is a Clothier Voodoo Doll that randomly drops from common Dungeon mobs. When you equip that, you can kill the Clothier at night anywhere in the world (doesn't have to be at the dungeon) and summon Skeletron again.

https://terraria.wiki.gg/Clothier_Voodoo_Doll (this was in the Console version before 1.3)
i havent though
but i guess i will have to farm for it and kill him

Updates great so far, enjoying it but there is some major bugs.

1. On multiplayer when you save and quit and then rejoin your minimap resets to where it's all unexplored.

2. Half of the stuff on the UI is cut off on all sides.

3. Im not sure if it's lag, can't be since we live 15 minutes away from each other but I could be wrong, when my friend hosts and we play mobs disappear and some mobs become Invincible

Updates great so far, enjoying it but there is some major bugs.

1. On multiplayer when you save and quit and then rejoin your minimap resets to where it's all unexplored.
2. Half of the stuff on the UI is cut off on all sides 3. Im not sure if it's lag, can't be since we live 15 minutes away from each other but I could be wrong, when my friend hosts and we play mobs disappear and some mobs become Invincible
and your controls reset like the dpad and stuff so you have to turn it back on and there is a chance to get your world copied into their world but everything has nothing inside the chests

Anyone else having multiples of one mob spawn inside of one mob (had to kill one eater of souls 6 times to kill it and it dropped its drops 6 times) in multiplayer? also when this happens hey don't seem to take knock back which has caused me many deaths that wouldn't of happened otherwise. oh and it is an expert world don't know if that is important or not

Is anyone else having a problem with the 6th accessory slot (gained after consuming a Demon Heart)? Whatever we put in that slot (specifically NOT the social slot) is not working. IE Neptune Shell in very bottom right slot is not getting turned into a merman in water. Or wings in that slot are not active, only rocket boots from another slot.

Short and concise, here goes:
I'm on Xbox One.

1. Before 1.3 on Xbox, I could use the staff of discord to access chests and furniture from accross the screen. I feel like that's a well earned perk, considering the difficulty of obtaining that item. I would like to have that back.

2. It nolonger saves my item hotkeys when exiting the world.

3. Confirm or deny: The Angler's reward chances resetting to the original rates is/is not a bug. Then please fix it. We work hard to get those drop chances, only to lose them.

4. Reinstate the Save (without exit) menu option. I'd like to be able to save whenever I want to, especially when coming up on an event or location that is potentially laggy.

5. Reinstate the autopause function when viewing the map.

6. Make the translucency of the menu and inventory screen adjustable, instead of forcing me to zoom out so that I can navigate menus efficiently.

7. Please add a quest counter for the Angler. I only have a rough idea of how many I've completed thus far.

8. Please instate some method of backing up characters and worlds, even if it's not accessible by the players. Some games out there will automatically create backup saves that are hidden and then restored in the case that a save is corrupted.

9. Add an option for adjusting cursor speed

On the other hand, thanks for all of the new content, as well as the no gore option. I can finally play this with my nephew without pissing off his mom lol.

I'll probably have more feedback as this goes along. Thank you for all of your hard work! The game is great, and well worth the wait. =D

Last edited:
When you close your map, which button do you press?
It's triangle on PS to close the inventory or chest. Circle sometimes works too, or it interacts with the item your cursor is on instead (if that happens to be a chest you can't close with circle or it keeps interacting with the chest and opening it. Took us a long time to figure this one out.

Is anyone else having a problem with the 6th accessory slot (gained after consuming a Demon Heart)? Whatever we put in that slot (specifically NOT the social slot) is not working. IE Neptune Shell in very bottom right slot is not getting turned into a merman in water. Or wings in that slot are not active, only rocket boots from another slot.

The sixth accessory slot is only useable in Expert Mode, and may also only work with Expert Items (Items that are strictly obtained through expert mode). Whether this is a bug or not, I cannot find any information. If you are having issues with using any items in this slot while playing expert mode, be sure to submit a bug report at the link Below:

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

The sixth accessory slot is only useable in Expert Mode, and may also only work with Expert Items (Items that are strictly obtained through expert mode). Whether this is a bug or not, I cannot find any information. If you are having issues with using any items in this slot while playing expert mode, be sure to submit a bug report at the link Below:

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html
It is like this on PC too, it's not a bug.

The Good:
All that juicy new 1.3 content
The quality world conversion (even if not that fast but clearly well made)
Fancy new graphical touches

The Bad:
Is it just me or is there no (or very little) dead-zone when using the joysticks in the menus? It feels like every time I scroll through options and whatnot I end up two items past where I wanted to stop.
Zoom always resets when loading the world, kind of annoying.

The Ugly:
A lot of what people have said about the UI, I'll summarize my thoughts below this list.
A fair bit of frame-skip on Xbox One for me. I also found this to be an issue when PC updated to 1.3 (more so in multiplayer) so I'd imagine this will clear up with time.
Buff icons are basically invisible
Text glow/flash effect is really awful.

--The UI--
So the UI matches the PC now but using a controller means that doesn't matter. Crafting makes this very apparent. Being able to see the crafting list and your inventory at the same time hardly matters if you still need to tab from menu-to-menu. In comparison to the previous crafting UI I'm basically inputting the same (or often more) number of button presses to use something that's harder to see.

I also miss the recipes being sorted by category but that's just a personal thing.

This may sound negative but really PW did a ton of great work. The UI changes just weren't thought out much and may be a lot of work to make console-friendly again.

Short and concise, here goes:
I'm on Xbox One.

1. Before 1.3 on Xbox, I could use the staff of discord to access chests and furniture from accross the screen. I feel like that's a well earned perk, considering the difficulty of obtaining that item. I would like to have that back.

2. It nolonger saves my item hotkeys when exiting the world.

3. Confirm or deny: The Angler's reward chances resetting to the original rates is/is not a bug. Then please fix it. We work hard to get those drop chances, only to lose them.

4. Reinstate the Save (without exit) menu option. I'd like to be able to save whenever I want to, especially when coming up on an event or location that is potentially laggy.

5. Reinstate the autopause function when viewing the map.

6. Make the translucency of the menu and inventory screen adjustable, instead of forcing me to zoom out so that I can navigate menus efficiently.

7. Please add a quest counter for the Angler. I only have a rough idea of how many I've completed thus far.

8. Please instate some method of backing up characters and worlds, even if it's not accessible by the players. Some games out there will automatically create backup saves that are hidden and then restored in the case that a save is corrupted.

9. Add an option for adjusting cursor speed

On the other hand, thanks for all of the new content, as well as the no gore option. I can finally play this with my nephew without pissing off his mom lol.

I'll probably have more feedback as this goes along. Thank you for all of your hard work! The game is great, and well worth the wait. =D
Heh... exit without saving is dangerous, and risks the duplication exploit everyone wants, gladly with two controllers on one console and a nifty trick I know how to duplicate, but others know as well too, I shall not become one of the single minded.

I have a problem where the lunatic cultist will not spawn again after trying to defeat it. Also Martians aren't spawning but the background shows the UFOs flying around. Any idea on what's going on or how to fix it?

I just go to play the new update, and the camera is zoomed in quite far by default, and there is no way to zoom out any more. This is extremely evident in splitscreen, and makes it hard to see much at all, especially with the minimap. (I know you can turn it off, but it is very useful.) In short, could we be able to zoom out the camera more, please?

So is there a fix to the screen not fitting??
I'm also having this issue. The bottom and left side of my screen cut off from the actual game. Not sure whether to report a bug or tell as feedback.

What we really need is an option to reposition the screen ourselves.

P.S. Enjoying 1.3 though! I hope everyone is remembering to express gratitude!

I’m agreeing with most X One users.

Nice to have the new content.
Graphics are sharper and brighter.

The new menus and crafting are terrible for console play. Hard to see, navigate with annoying extra moves that are to time consuming.
The old style was way better.
Also there is lag while playing.

I don’t like that you can only mine where the curser is.

To frustrated with most of these changes so I’m taking a break hoping some fixes happen.

I just came to a sudden realization:

The UI overlays (Menu/hotbar/inventory/etc) actually don’t look terrible if you are zoomed all the way out. Also, there is a cursor grid that only appears in this situation.

I have three questions about this:

1) Am I completely out of the loop and I missed this being mentioned before?
2) Did the developers and game testers never try zooming in?
3) Do any console players NOT play at least a little zoomed in most of the time?

It’s as if a better intention was there all along but no one caught the glitch that would be obvious to most(?) console players.

I just go to play the new update, and the camera is zoomed in quite far by default, and there is no way to zoom out any more. This is extremely evident in splitscreen, and makes it hard to see much at all, especially with the minimap. (I know you can turn it off, but it is very useful.) In short, could we be able to zoom out the camera more, please?
Pause and push the teigger

It's triangle on PS to close the inventory or chest. Circle sometimes works too, or it interacts with the item your cursor is on instead (if that happens to be a chest you can't close with circle or it keeps interacting with the chest and opening it. Took us a long time to figure this one out.
I know that; I was asking which button THEY were pressing, not which button ONE presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom