Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you grab a quick screen of that?

Follow-up Question: Does this only happen at certain zoom levels? In other words, does it look ok when zoomed all the way out and start to bug out when you zoom in? (Chasing a theory)
Sorry just went back and found this answer. Do you still need a picture? I can't right now but can tomorrow at latest.

There is a known bug (found out last night) with Autosave OFF and Save and Exit sometimes hanging. The good news is that it has already been fixed in the next upcoming fix wave.

Possible, this theory. Won't get too deep into those weeds, but Legacy and Multiplayer are the most often places where issues seem to congregate. MP will be easier to clean up. I have some ancient worlds (read: created the day of initial console launch on old gen) on my 360 that is sitting in the floor next to me. If I can scrape up the motivation to find all of the cables, etc. I may try to up/down my files. Thought I had cloud'd them before, but nope. :(

Interesting. I've spent a ton of time in UG Ice on my play thus far with no issues. Legacy or New? Gear?

EDIT: I see where it may just be endgame gear that triggers the issue. Will check back periodically in my worlds.

As the usual designated builder, I can understand that - I would be at full :sigh:stage.

Appreciate your help - any that you or anyone else can give. Terraria is a daunting beast to QA, if you think about it. Practically infinite variables. Will share that there are some world conversion bugs (for example) that are literally tied to one specific players' worlds that - as far as anyone can tell - do not occur in any other worlds.

PS4 or XB1? Cloud save?

I have had this reported to me by another user in regards to other Filter Effects (the atmospheric effects you get with the towers or blood moon, etc) right as they start. I think this may be all related to that - a flash of white at changeover. Will be on the lookout for this myself as well.
Xbox one and no cloud save

My last slime rain happened at night so I couldn't tell you if there was a background animation or not, but the one before that I never knew was happening until I ventured outside and a slime landed on me, with nothing overhead for it to have jumped/fallen off.

The one thing that confuses me about the solar-gear-in-underground-ice-biome thing is that I went back to that same world, to that same spider cave, with the exact same gear, and there was no bug. The SE worked fine and cleared the webs and stayed visible and everything exploded rapidly like it was supposed to. It was just... weird. And then I've been there in full solar armor and there was no bug then, either (though I was using silver dye and had vanity stuff on over the armor, but still).

When I use the guide for crafting. I put the item I want to ask about in the box. It gives me a list of everything I can craft directly overlapping what items are required to craft. Basically I'm trying to read what and where to craft something directly overlapping the description of the item.

I will look at this later today when time allows me to get back on my playthrough.

The one thing that confuses me about the solar-gear-in-underground-ice-biome thing is that I went back to that same world, to that same spider cave, with the exact same gear, and there was no bug. The SE worked fine and cleared the webs and stayed visible and everything exploded rapidly like it was supposed to. It was just... weird. And then I've been there in full solar armor and there was no bug then, either (though I was using silver dye and had vanity stuff on over the armor, but still).

Welcome to the world of figuring out Terraria bugs. :p (they can be super crazy to chase down)

Welcome to the world of figuring out Terraria bugs. :p (they can be super crazy to chase down)

...Now I'm imagining the devs running around with gigantic bug nets trying to catch these programming bugs. Almost snorted Pepsi out my nose.

There were three of us in co-op doing Moon Lord kills today. Was getting some stutter lag... screen was twitching like I was rubber-banding backward ever so slightly. The celestial sigil I was holding wouldn't work. Saved and exited the world and noticed that the images of my characters on the character select screen had turned into weird letters. Had to close the game and relaunch to finish the boss farming.

@Loki haha my apologies guess I missed that part.

I know my initial notice of the lag correlation to the solar eruption was in the underground during my tunneling and it was in a spiders next and I more than likely had gone in and out of underground ice biomes. However even on start up no where near the ice and certainly not the underground I still have the issue. One particular confirmation test was during a top side slime rain at world Gen spawn which is I am pretty sure a journey away.

Also I can confirm, after reading it posted somewhere before, I looked for it on my next slime rain... fully zoomed out the slime is only raining in the background of the left side of the screen top corner by the quick bar.

@Loki haha my apologies guess I missed that part.

I know my initial notice of the lag correlation to the solar eruption was in the underground during my tunneling and it was in a spiders next and I more than likely had gone in and out of underground ice biomes. However even on start up no where near the ice and certainly not the underground I still have the issue. One particular confirmation test was during a top side slime rain at world Gen spawn which is I am pretty sure a journey away.

Also I can confirm, after reading it posted somewhere before, I looked for it on my next slime rain... fully zoomed out the slime is only raining in the background of the left side of the screen top corner by the quick bar.

Yeah I have spent a ton of time in spider caves and UG ice this play with no issues.... so it has to be the combo with the SE. Will check back on that later (I am playing very slowly and thoroughly).

Slime Rain backdrop appears to be a layering issue at least to my eyes (on mine, you can see it way up high, but then it is falling behind the normal background, vs in front of it as should be) - I shared that info with the PW/QA teams.

I wrote this last night but didn't post it.

I was a firm believer that the ice made no impact as I was not around ice the majority of known times it was an issue.

Also I haven't played since Monday %:sigh:but til last playthrough mine always causes the stuttering and slow motion effect including the frame by frame explosions. Just throwing that out there.

i just discovered a duplication bug on the xbox one that can be exploited into making gold super fast i am in the middle of submitting the bug officially but i just wanted to know do i need to upload my save? with a screen shot or video and if i do how

Attachments

• Terraria.png
    Terraria.png
    587.5 KB · Views: 200
Video of this?

Here's the video.

This was a "mild" case... it affected the base damage and crit chance. Sometimes it's the damage and the knockback percentage spazzing out, other times it's all the text. Used my Godly Daybreak to show it, but it's happening to everything in my inventory, chests, or in NPCs' inventory that has a damage value.

Also had another case of the "SE going invisible" today. I was in one of my new worlds, digging around underground looking for new stuff. Reached the underground snow and my Solar Eruption went invisible. The character lag/sudden bursts of speed as the game catches up landed me on top of a detonator I'd been trying to avoid and got me blown up. Respawned, saved, exited, and reloaded the world trying to fix the invisibility. Whole character turned invisible, gear and all. Exited the game and relaunched. Went back underground... SE again became invisible but this time I just ignored it and used my Terra Blade/star cell minion. Spent most of my time in my mining drill mount so didn't have to deal with my SE acting up.

Haha... must say I love/hate the detonator... my first two I picked up... the third one I went all DeeDee on and literately said "ooooh what does this button do" then subsequently "oh god oh god.. mistakes have been made, mistakes have been made!"

It was quite humorous even though I lost a platinum and misc gold to it haha.
[doublepost=1519391401,1519391275][/doublepost]Curious if anyone knows the distance allowed between teleporters?

My understanding was with the update that it was supposed to be unlimited but appears someone posted that they had to still utilize a midway point for a long distance jump?

Haha... must say I love/hate the detonator... my first two I picked up... the third one I went all DeeDee on and literately said "ooooh what does this button do" then subsequently "oh god oh god.. mistakes have been made, mistakes have been made!"

It was quite humorous even though I lost a platinum and misc gold to it haha.

I was trying to avoid the detonator but the lag that comes with the SE glitch screwed me. Landed me square on the thing XP

Gotta love detonators and explosive traps. :naughty:

Those text wraps look a lot like the “blinking mana star” thing - just on another part of the screen. Wonder if all of that is related to one root cause.

Will keep plowing ahead - once I get to SE I’ll be messing with it extensively (its one of my fave weapons) - hopefully PW will have acid before then.

Gotta love detonators and explosive traps. :naughty:

Those text wraps look a lot like the “blinking mana star” thing - just on another part of the screen. Wonder if all of that is related to one root cause.

Will keep plowing ahead - once I get to SE I’ll be messing with it extensively (its one of my fave weapons) - hopefully PW will have acid before then.

I dunno about blinking mana stars but when I use a lifeforce potion the extra hearts I get are flickering ever so slightly. This, though, is more annoying because I can't see the base damage of my weapons through the spazzing

The hidden explosive traps are worse. With the detonators and the tnt sitting out in the open it's more of a Wile E Coyote trap. It can be avoided, provided you see it soon enough and can resist the temptation to poke

Here's the video.

This was a "mild" case... it affected the base damage and crit chance. Sometimes it's the damage and the knockback percentage spazzing out, other times it's all the text. Used my Godly Daybreak to show it, but it's happening to everything in my inventory, chests, or in NPCs' inventory that has a damage value.

Also had another case of the "SE going invisible" today. I was in one of my new worlds, digging around underground looking for new stuff. Reached the underground snow and my Solar Eruption went invisible. The character lag/sudden bursts of speed as the game catches up landed me on top of a detonator I'd been trying to avoid and got me blown up. Respawned, saved, exited, and reloaded the world trying to fix the invisibility. Whole character turned invisible, gear and all. Exited the game and relaunched. Went back underground... SE again became invisible but this time I just ignored it and used my Terra Blade/star cell minion. Spent most of my time in my mining drill mount so didn't have to deal with my SE acting up.
Isn’t it awesome to get a weapon like that? You literally can get 400 damage hits 98% of the time. It’s better than the Meowmere or Star Wrath

There's an issue using the Arcanum in pre-hardmode mode causing a character to freeze up not allowing any motion at all, hotbar locked on Arcanum. I'm close to beating the wall of flesh. I'm also getting flashing mana stars and the white box in the mini map. The Arcanum works upon reloading the game. I'm not sure if it tied into the fishing quests, seems to happen when I Idol and then do a fishing quests, but it's almost 100% when I've just finished the fishing quests or idol for long periods of time.. just tested it. It's not fishing it's idoling. The animation has turned into a beam of particles traveling off to the top left... My character name is A-YoYoMage, wearing Nebula armor no dyes and a cultist mask. Also I've just recently recieved a golden net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom