Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the scarecrow costume pants
There's a limit of 400 loose items allowed in the game before they start despawning/disappearing. Because the scarecrow items are the first things to drop, they're the first things to vanish, Try getting to wave three and then checking the spawning platform.

And another meteorite hit my far right ocean.
Find a spot in the sky (or anywhere else) that you never use, and place 400 meteor there; that's enough to stop new meteors from ever landing.

There's a limit of 400 loose items allowed in the game before they start despawning/disappearing. Because the scarecrow items are the first things to drop, they're the first things to vanish, Try getting to wave three and then checking the spawning platform.

Find a spot in the sky (or anywhere else) that you never use, and place 400 meteor there; that's enough to stop new meteors from ever landing.

I don't use an arena for the Pumpkin Moon... I just fly around on my UFO with a full load of potions, three minions, two sentries, and an Unreal SDMG loaded with chlorophyte bullets. For the first few waves I have the greedy ring equipped (I switch to the worm scarf when Ice Queen starts appearing) so I pick up coins from range and I make frequent ground-skimming runs to pick up drops. The stupid pants just aren't dropping.

It's the Frost Moon I want the arena thing you use for. Currently I just have a box with two target dummies and two mimic statues. No teleporters b/c I have no clue whatsoever how to wire that. Need more statues b/c I don't get enough pumpkins.

Noted about the meteor... I have seven and a half stacks of meteorite ore (after making meteor bars, armor, and two stacks of meteor brick) and I do not need any more of the stuff. All they do at this point is ruin the terrain.

Does anyone know how to turn multiplayer to invite only?

You can't. Supposedly when you play multiplayer it's only supposed to be people on your friends list or people you send invites to who can join. But I have seen friends of my friends, who aren't on my friends list at all, appear in my game. Particular pain during boss fights. That revelation even surprised Loki when I pointed that out.

1.3 robbed us of the Invite Only option. Lots of us aren't happy about it.

You can't. Supposedly when you play multiplayer it's only supposed to be people on your friends list or people you send invites to who can join. But I have seen friends of my friends, who aren't on my friends list at all, appear in my game. Particular pain during boss fights. That revelation even surprised Loki when I pointed that out.

1.3 robbed us of the Invite Only option. Lots of us aren't happy about it.
I've only got three friends on PSN, two of which I don't even know, but I still get random players turning up and digging their way out of a build because they don't have an RoD.

I've only got three friends on PSN, two of which I don't even know, but I still get random players turning up and digging their way out of a build because they don't have an RoD.

It seems to me like if you have a friend in your game, anyone on their friends list who has Terraria can join in, too, whether or not they're on your friends list or you actually know them at all. Instead of a "just friends" multiplayer, we ended up with a "friends of friends of friends of friends" thing, and I have no idea how far along the chain it could go. I only have one friend on XB1 who has Terraria, and people on his friends list have popped in randomly. Happened during a Moon Lord kill once... Boss spawned on the intruder instead of us, right at my main base since I built at world spawn, and just wrecked my NPCs.

@Loki, could you please see if there's a fix coming for this?

It seems to me like if you have a friend in your game, anyone on their friends list who has Terraria can join in, too, whether or not they're on your friends list or you actually know them at all

As noted previously, friends and friends of friends is the current setting (this is a new default in the modern Console MP landscape - which has changed since Terraria first launched on console, but the game is now beholden to - the big update does not allow for any grandfathering).

It seems to me like if you have a friend in your game, anyone on their friends list who has Terraria can join in, too, whether or not they're on your friends list or you actually know them at all. Instead of a "just friends" multiplayer, we ended up with a "friends of friends of friends of friends" thing, and I have no idea how far along the chain it could go. I only have one friend on XB1 who has Terraria, and people on his friends list have popped in randomly. Happened during a Moon Lord kill once... Boss spawned on the intruder instead of us, right at my main base since I built at world spawn, and just wrecked my NPCs.

@Loki, could you please see if there's a fix coming for this?

We have directly requested that some sort of method to make things Invite Only - or, barring that, some way to "secure" a MP session - be a part of what needs to be added to the game. It is unfortunately not anywhere close to as straight-forward as it once was (same stuff alluded to above) - however, we will continue to push for that solution, as we agree that private MP needs to be a thing. Cannot promise more than that just yet.

Even a way to kick uninvited randoms would be helpful, since there is no longer a "kick player" option, either. I looked after that one random butted in on boss kills.

Took two Pumpkin Moons to get the scarecrow pants to finally drop. They were trolling me with about six shirts beforehand XP And I came out of the second one with another 29 pumpking trophies. I have no problem tanking the Pumpkin Moon or getting all the things from it... It takes me three trips to clean up the mess afterward. I don't think there's anything I haven't gotten from it now. Granted, I haven't gotten a necromantic scroll to drop in a while, but I'm usually too busy dealing with the swarm of pumpkings to focus on the mourning woods.

When I place the blue green wall paper, strange things happen. It seems like many wallpapers are put together.

Second of all, could you please make it so that there is more iron in world's. Iron seems the most important ore in the whole game and yet it is scarce. I keep coming into situations where I need iron and yet all I find is silver and tin and lead. Gold and chlorophyte are easier to find than iron. Please put more iron in the game because it seems extinct.

When I place the blue green wall paper, strange things happen. It seems like many wallpapers are put together.

Second of all, could you please make it so that there is more iron in world's. Iron seems the most important ore in the whole game and yet it is scarce. I keep coming into situations where I need iron and yet all I find is silver and tin and lead. Gold and chlorophyte are easier to find than iron. Please put more iron in the game because it seems extinct.
A world will only generate iron OR lead.

If you're finding lead then your world has no naturally-generated iron, since only one or the other will generate per world. You'll need to make another world, hope it generates iron, and strip-mine it. I'm doing that with the hardmode ores... My main world has palladium, mythril, and titanium but no cobalt, orichalcum, or adamantite.

Lead replaces iron in world generation. Almost everything you need iron for can be made with lead instead. If you really need iron it can still be found in chests or through the Extractinator.

EDIT: Originally said Clentaminator instead of Extractinator.

Last edited:
This isn't a problem but on the world map, my new npc's (some of them died and respawned) come up with names however my old npc's come up with things like angler the angler or merchant the merchant. It seems odd how my old one's do not have names yet my new one's do for example Enzo the painter replaced painter the painter when painter the painter died.

This isn't a problem but on the world map, my new npc's (some of them died and respawned) come up with names however my old npc's come up with things like angler the angler or merchant the merchant. It seems odd how my old one's do not have names yet my new one's do for example Enzo the painter replaced painter the painter when painter the painter died.

Pre-update NPCs, for whatever reason, lost their names and were just labeled by what they are when we were updated to 1.3. Once they die and respawn, they get a proper name back. Probably a bug, but minor and easily fixed by letting monsters eat your NPCs so they respawn with names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom