Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if we don't want to kill the npc's, those npc's have souls.

Lol I spent an in-game week killing certain ones of mine (dye trader, stylist, and painter) to get the items they drop when they die. Dye trader can drop a sword, stylist drops a pair of scissors, and the painter drops a paintball gun (party girl drops a confetti grenade, then sells it after you get one by killing her but I couldn't be bothered trying). But if you don't want to kill them, they'll just keep the label "merchant" or "angler" instead of having a name.

Lol I spent an in-game week killing certain ones of mine (dye trader, stylist, and painter) to get the items they drop when they die. Dye trader can drop a sword, stylist drops a pair of scissors, and the painter drops a paintball gun (party girl drops a confetti grenade, then sells it after you get one by killing her but I couldn't be bothered trying). But if you don't want to kill them, they'll just keep the label "merchant" or "angler" instead of having a name.
What if I summon destroyer and it wipes out the whole village and then I kill destroyer and avenge them all...or is that still a really bad thing to do?

What if I summon destroyer and it wipes out the whole village and then I kill destroyer and avenge them all...or is that still a really bad thing to do?

Entirely up to you. They'll respawn during the day and they don't hold grudges. The only time any of them actually comments is if you talk to the Clothier while wearing the red hat (his drop when you kill him to re-summon skeletron). And then all he says is that the hat looks familiar.

Entirely up to you. They'll respawn during the day and they don't hold grudges. The only time any of them actually comments is if you talk to the Clothier while wearing the red hat (his drop when you kill him to re-summon skeletron). And then all he says is that the hat looks familiar.
The clothier says it looks familiar because it is from another clothier who died and his hat got stolen and then the clothier recognises the hat and says it looks familiar.
That is officially the creepiest thing in terraria. The clothier will probably have nightmares if I turn up to his house with his hat.

The clothier says it looks familiar because it is from another clothier who died and his hat got stolen and then the clothier recognises the hat and says it looks familiar.
That is officially the creepiest thing in terraria. The clothier will probably have nightmares if I turn up to his house with his hat.

Lol. Still, up to you to decide whether you want to force respawns with proper names or just let them go with their job labels.

@Loki @ClearConscious seriously, when are we getting the next patch? I've just lost an hour's work because of this crash issue. I just build an entire arena and now it's gone (and yes; I had autosave on). This has been happening with increasing regularity and it's wasted time that could have been spent doing something else.

@Loki @ClearConscious seriously, when are we getting the next patch? I've just lost an hour's work because of this crash issue. I just build an entire arena and now it's gone (and yes; I had autosave on). This has been happening with increasing regularity and it's wasted time that could have been spent doing something else.

If I had an exact time, I would give one - I am not sure what else to say other than I know they are working on 1-2 issues that are big enough to warrant it not coming out yet. Not trying to defer or make excuses - that's pretty much where it sits. Again, no idea if it will fix your crash or not - but hopefully we will find out soon. :)

If I had an exact time, I would give one - I am not sure what else to say other than I know they are working on 1-2 issues that are big enough to warrant it not coming out yet. Not trying to defer or make excuses - that's pretty much where it sits. Again, no idea if it will fix your crash or not - but hopefully we will find out soon. :)
This is why we need the "save"" button back; "save & exit" isn't really a good enough substitute as it takes forever to get to character select, and just as long to load a world.

Now see, this is the kind of information that explains why it's taking so long.
Something I asked for couple times, not that I'm entitled to any form of info mind you, but some regular update on how things are progressing gets us, the players, involved in the progress.
I bet a lot of us do care a great deal for this game, I know I do, but not knowing or hearing anything is frustrating.
I hope that those working on the game or patch do find the solution to those 1 or 2 issues soon enough.
I wish them all the best.
Terraria is a monster of a game with so incredibly many variables, I reckon it's very hard to track down some specific bugs at times.

My son and I decided to give 1.3 a go in splitscreen despite the number of bugs mentioned here on the forum and honestly we haven't encountered that many yet.
Besides the Dpad going haywire sometimes the menu transparency and some other glitches mentioned already we're having a great time again.

We're looking forward to the next patch and what else you guys are gonna throw at us.

Yeah, wish I had more details but that’s not really my place. I will check and see if there are some things we can share. That said, they are working on those issues (they are pretty sticky ones) as we speak.

I don’t know if save only is going to happen - I do have it jotted down for later, but I am pretty sure that’s not coming this round.

I don’t know if save only is going to happen - I do have it jotted down for later, but I am pretty sure that’s not coming this round.
Will the "save without exiting" button ever come back to the pause menu? I understand that many cheats could be done with that thing and it was literally doctor strange's time Stone but it did also come in very useful at times such as rewinding mistakes.
Also why does the game no longer stop when you pause?

Will the "save without exiting" button ever come back to the pause menu? I understand that many cheats could be done with that thing and it was literally doctor strange's time Stone but it did also come in very useful at times such as rewinding mistakes.
Also why does the game no longer stop when you pause?

Autopause should work in single player when you are in the map screen since the last update released (March 22).

I do not know if that button will return or not.

Autopause should work in single player when you are in the map screen since the last update released (March 22).

I do not know if that button will return or not.
When I bring up the pause menu, enemies still move in the background and I can also die from them, plus things don't pause when I'm on the map either. Is this supposed to happen?

When I bring up the pause menu, enemies still move in the background and I can also die from them, plus things don't pause when I'm on the map either. Is this supposed to happen?

There should be a setting in the Options or Controls or maybe the General menu on the main menu screen that lets you turn Autopause on. I was using it when I was recording the Moon Lord boss music and it froze everything in place when I opened my inventory. The only downside was that in single-player in my expert worlds, opening a treasure bag required you to close your inventory before the bag would actually open.

Did you mean the "exit without saving" button, or just the "save" button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom