Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the inventory UI very hard to read due to being quite translucent. My base has lots of torches and sharp colors making the crafting, item chest, and inventory displays extremely difficult to discern. I really miss the old UI which was basically perfect!

When will the old UI return so this game can finally be playable again? I really miss playing Terraria, but I find the latest console version to be basically unplayable.

As well, it used to make crafting simple by showing items what you were missing for any recipe that could be crafted. But now not even the guide NPC’s crafting screen functions. If you don’t have net access then you can’t know what the crafting recipes are. Sad!

Please fix the game!

The new menu is not good, we can all agree because it only works on PC but the old menu worked perfectly

I know it was to make all editions to be the same but come on man, games like GTA have auto-aim for console cause controllers aren't as good as a mouse and keyboard and nobody complained so there should be an option

A suggestion I'd like to make would be the ability to switch between the new and old crafting layouts on console. Before the update, the console crafting layout allowed you to see everything you could currently craft as well as exactly what you needed to craft it. This was a lot easier to use and being able to switch to it from the current layout would be nice.

If there will ever be an update then it'll probably a monster patch I reckon.
It's been more then four months now, sheesh, this must be a record of some sorts.

If there will ever be an update then it'll probably a monster patch I reckon.
While we can hope that, it's probably safer to expect less and assume that the bugs being fixed have been more than difficult to squish.
As someone who has worked in software development, I can attest that the time spent is NOT equal to the progress done.

While we can hope that, it's probably safer to expect less and assume that the bugs being fixed have been more than difficult to squish.
As someone who has worked in software development, I can attest that the time spent is NOT equal to the progress done.

I've worked in software development biggest part of my career.
I sure as hell wouldn't want to see our client's faces if we took over four months to fix an application we made for them.
That's the problem with the gaming industry, the devs can do whatever they want without any severe consequences.

Second of all, could you please make it so that there is more iron in world's. Iron seems the most important ore in the whole game and yet it is scarce. I keep coming into situations where I need iron and yet all I find is silver and tin and lead. Gold and chlorophyte are easier to find than iron. Please put more iron in the game because it seems extinct.
When i sent this, i was needing the iron to summon and farm the mechanical bosses and I kept finding all the opposite world ores like lead, however I've just realised that you can use lead to summon the mechanical bosses, SO WHY THE HELL DOES THE GUIDE SAY YOU CAN ONLY USE IRON? The guide says you must use "any iron bar" in the production of the summoning items for them, so there I was thinking iron was scarce when I had a huge pile of lead i could've used instead. Is it a glitch that the guide says this or is there some hidden meaning behind this that I haven't realised yet?

When i sent this, i was needing the iron to summon and farm the mechanical bosses and I kept finding all the opposite world ores like lead, however I've just realised that you can use lead to summon the mechanical bosses, SO WHY THE HELL DOES THE GUIDE SAY YOU CAN ONLY USE IRON? The guide says you must use "any iron bar" in the production of the summoning items for them, so there I was thinking iron was scarce when I had a huge pile of lead i could've used instead. Is it a glitch that the guide says this or is there some hidden meaning behind this that I haven't realised yet?
When the recipe says "Any Iron Bar", that means that any bar that is an alternative to the suggested bar type(or to put it in a better perspective, an alternate ore that is the same rank) can be used in the recipe. So if it says "Any Gold Bar", both Gold and Platinum can be used to create said item. It can be a bit confusing, but the recipes on the PC version act the same way.

I would really like if the old crafting could be back or the ability to change it because it’s really annoying to be on PS4 with the small crafting in your inventory, I liked all the menus and tabs from before, would love if that was added back.

I would really like if the old crafting could be back or the ability to change it because it’s really annoying to be on PS4 with the small crafting in your inventory, I liked all the menus and tabs from before, would love if that was added back.
So many of us want the old interface back, or at least have an option to choose, but Pipeworks says it will never happen. Personally, I'm finished with Terraria on the PS4. It's not fun on there anymore. What's worse is that there's only been one update since they changed it way back in January, and they're only concentrating on getting 1.3 to the Switch & mobile now...Oh well, back to the PC where the interface actually works.

So many of us want the old interface back, or at least have an option to choose, but Pipeworks says it will never happen. Personally, I'm finished with Terraria on the PS4. It's not fun on there anymore. What's worse is that there's only been one update since they changed it way back in January, and they're only concentrating on getting 1.3 to the Switch & mobile now...Oh well, back to the PC where the interface actually works.
The interface does work and it actually has some good uses too, once you get used to it (it took me 4 months) it is ok to work with

Where to start on how myself and on behalf of a freind who also plays on console feel about 1.3 firstly: The game lags every 30 minutes or so however this changes in when you reach hell to about 3-4 seconds, some enemies if not all can glitch through the floor or ceiling mostly happens with slimes but I've seen it with zombies and skeletons, the damage numbers of said monsters can inflate to the point that I've taken 50 damage from a slime with 31 defence even though in expert mode the defence is meant to be modded. UI sucks no more information is needed but I'll give some, unless you have a large TV the numbers or letters shown are unreadable. And in some cases over lapping other text making it impossible to read. Swapping to and from inventory, crafting and equipment is clunky at best not to mention when crafting it'll sometimes push you back into the inventory making craft unwanted items.

privacy settings? What privacy settings? I don't have a problem with this due to not playing with a large amount of people however what made you think that being about to jump into any game as you please was a good idea? The PC version of 1.3 has these settings.

Finally expert mode Skeletron's attack when his head spins can stagger lock and instant kill you, I understand that expert is meant to be hard but that is just artificial difficulty.

What happened to the smart mining and ring cursor it become a shear nightmare to use on the PC it's not as bad (I've played on pc) there's nothing smart about the new mode, it dosnt build where your facing just anywhere. The drills have a problem that the cursor (+ symbol) extend way beyond the range of the drill.

The second part is written more from my point as person trying to play on his server cause spiltscreen is not valid option (even if it was the micro sized ui would unplayable)

Disappearing monster in Mutiplayer that only the host can fight to make reappear this is one of the many myriad of multiplayer issues yet lack of attention due this fixation on spiltscreen (that wouldn't work due the PC ui) if you want to have a 'one terra' I can work with that but optimisation for the platform so I can see what I'm doing. The 1.2.4 UI is far greater for console. Most of these are bugs I get that. Minion summons from a joined player (me) clip all over the place they can just dissappear have be resummoned to work.

Buffs and status effects barely visible with no timers or anyway to remove them such as minion summons.

The map is impossible to use that and it resets every time thats an improvement on however seeing players is impossible due to a tiny little micro blip. Guess what 1.2.4 had it refined much better no problems like this you had a easy to see marker where the other person was off screen

The idea of a one terra works in the sense of content available. however forcing the PC's UI and map features is not a great idea for one good reason it's a CONSOLE. For this reason is why I've stated about 1.2.4 many a time because it was OPTIMISED for the platform. The 1.3 PC functionality is not designed for console as such why many of us are want the ui back the way it was (with some new modifications due the new stuff such as more slots for pets ect)

End of rant on the response to the current state of 1.3 for console.

Last edited:
Where to start on how myself and on behalf of a freind who also plays on console feel about 1.3 firstly: The game lags every 30 minutes or so however this changes in when you reach hell to about 3-4 seconds, some enemies if not all can glitch through the floor or ceiling mostly happens with slimes but I've seen it with zombies and skeletons, the damage numbers of said monsters can inflate to the point that I've taken 50 damage from a slime with 31 defence even though in expert mode the defence is meant to be modded. UI sucks no more information is needed but I'll give some, unless you have a large TV the numbers or letters shown are unreadable. And in some cases over lapping other text making it impossible to read. Swapping to and from inventory, crafting and equipment is clunky at best not to mention when crafting it'll sometimes push you back into the inventory making craft unwanted items.

privacy settings? What privacy settings? I don't have a problem with this due to not playing with a large amount of people however what made you think that being about to jump into any game as you please was a good idea? The PC version of 1.3 has these settings.

Finally expert mode Skeletron's attack when his head spins can stagger lock and instant kill you, I understand that expert is meant to be hard but that is just artificial difficulty.

What happened to the smart mining and ring cursor it become a shear nightmare to use on the PC it's not as bad (I've played on pc) there's nothing smart about the new mode, it dosnt build where your facing just anywhere. The drills have a problem that the cursor (+ symbol) extend way beyond the range of the drill.

The second part is written more from my point as person trying to play on his server cause spiltscreen is not valid option (even if it was the micro sized ui would unplayable)

Disappearing monster in Mutiplayer that only the host can fight to make reappear this is one of the many myriad of multiplayer issues yet lack of attention due this fixation on spiltscreen (that wouldn't work due the PC ui) if you want to have a 'one terra' I can work with that but optimisation for the platform so I can see what I'm doing. The 1.2.4 UI is far greater for console. Most of these are bugs I get that. Minion summons from a joined player (me) clip all over the place they can just dissappear have be resummoned to work.

Buffs and status effects barely visible with no timers or anyway to remove them such as minion summons.

The map is impossible to use that and it resets every time thats an improvement on however seeing players is impossible due to a tiny little micro blip. Guess what 1.2.4 had it refined much better no problems like this you had a easy to see marker where the other person was off screen

The idea of a one terra works in the sense of content available. however forcing the PC's UI and map features is not a great idea for one good reason it's a CONSOLE. For this reason is why I've stated about 1.2.4 many a time because it was OPTIMISED for the platform. The 1.3 PC functionality is not designed for console as such why many of us are want the ui back the way it was (with some new modifications due the new stuff such as more slots for pets ect)

The things for turning off minion summons and buffs are down under the new slots for grappling hooks/mounts/pets/etc, equip slots list 2. I found them there by accident once. Rather stupid place to put them... They're barely visible and if you're not going over the screen with a magnifying glass you might not ever find them

Can't someone say something nice on this thread anymore? You know like "great job on that update, you've really added lots of content and done some cool stuff, and thanks for fixing these bugs people are experiencing".:)

Can't someone say something nice on this thread anymore? You know like "great job on that update, you've really added lots of content and done some cool stuff, and thanks for fixing these bugs people are experiencing".:)
I started off being nice, but after a while you lose your patience. There are so many mistakes (and I mean untested oversights as opposed to bugs & glitches) in this game it's laughable. I can only guess that Pipeworks must have been the lowest bidder by a LARGE amount.

I'm having major stuttering and lag when anyone goes to the underworld in multiplayer mode. Me and my kids love the game, and all four of us play on Xbox One S multiplayer. It is ruining the game. Now it will even lag and stutter when we are not in the underworld if we have been there during the current game. This really needs to be fixed. It has broken the game.

There's been one update in 7 months, and I've heard that they're apparently concentrating on the Switch & mobile. No news, no nothing. So many things are still incredibly broken, important features removed & changed, with no solution in sight. There's no way I can say a great job has been done.

They really should release multiple updates here and there, instead of just saving everything for a big one which may never come. The only reason I go back to the PS4 version now is to check and see if anything has been changed.

Will Terraria 3DS ever get another update or is it a dead project we all wasted money on?

I'd be INCREDIBLY dissapointed if it just never got 1.3 when it is literally the most optimal console version of Terraria. It has a built in controller and has the chance for the most complete recreation of PC Terraria out of any console version. Most of us wouldn't mind if it was a bit large, either.

It's quite disturbing realy what happens to Terraria on console at the moment, Pipeworks takes over, releases an update after pushing it backwards time and time again, come up with a bugpatch and that's it.
Livestreams have stopped, status updates on the forum have stopped, heck there's practically no communication at all anymore.
Don't tell me Pipeworks is turning Terraria on console into vaporware.......it's starting to look that way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom