Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Terraria is a sandbox game with a ton more interconnected parts than most people would expect. Most of the time testing every permutation of a game like this becomes unreasonable. There's only so much time and money anyone can be expected to invest until it's "good enough." An average staff of 4 QA testers would cost over a thousand dollars a week and still wouldn't be able to test every possible combination of factors in a reasonable amount of time.
They should have released the 1.3 "update" as a beta. That would have given them thousands of free testers, and the game would be much better now as a result.

That list could be thousands of entries long and not formatted to be readable. Not to mention many of those entries would make no sense to a non programmer. Making patch notes out of programmer documentation is a long and involved process.
Longer than answering every single person that sends him a message?

If you have any questions about particular fixes you're looking for in the next patch let me know and I can see if it was fixed. There's a good chance it was.

My wife has had a hard time playing lately due to how small the UI is, even on our 55" TV. Does this patch enable resizing of the UI? Looking at the inventory or crafting screens for any length of time gives her a mad headache. Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere.

My wife has had a hard time playing lately due to how small the UI is, even on our 55" TV. Does this patch enable resizing of the UI? Looking at the inventory or crafting screens for any length of time gives her a mad headache. Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere.
Nope, no scaling options whatsoever. I have a 55" too, and it's such a pain to read. The UI was designed for a PC monitor, where you sit about 2 or 3 feet away. I guess they didn't consider how people actually sit around 10 feet or so from the TV. It makes absolutely no sense not to have scaling...

Nope, no scaling options whatsoever. I have a 55" too, and it's such a pain to read. The UI was designed for a PC monitor, where you sit about 2 or 3 feet away. I guess they didn't consider how people actually sit around 10 feet or so from the TV. It makes absolutely no sense not to have scaling...

A lot of things that have happened with 1.3 development don't make sense, although ignoring the complaints over the ui changes and not metioning (to my knowledge) anything that is going to be done to mitigate problems with pc ui on CONSLE is by far the most reoccurring one. Cause having to get closer to tv screen just read the tiny text is yet another problem I've experienced
[doublepost=1534485884,1534485569][/doublepost]
Maybe. Might have also put the communities complaints at ease if you could respond to bug complaints with "well it's still a beta." In this case though I'd say we are looking at some permanent Early Access levels of polish. I predict every new update is going to break a ton of :red:.

Well as I see it right now the game has as much polish as a dusty boot and yeah, the updates are gonna break more things and get fixed "SOON"

Maybe. Might have also put the communities complaints at ease if you could respond to bug complaints with "well it's still a beta." In this case though I'd say we are looking at some permanent Early Access levels of polish. I predict every new update is going to break a ton of :red:.

We had originally hoped to have a beta. Unfortunately since it was an update for a pre-existing game, the first-party platforms wouldn't allow for a beta without it being a completely separate title or a premium add-on.

But people could just use their browser to search (ctrl + F) for the keywords relating to the particular issue that they're interested in.
There's a approval chain before anything goes out. Once things are locked down (the update is submitted) I'll provide a shortened post and a raw categorized list depending on how deep people want to dive into the fixes.

Last edited:
It's also important to note that a raw list of the bugs we've fixed would include a lot of specific terminology that would be hard for non-devs to navigate. Having @ClearConscious go through and consolidate the items is the best way to get you guys a comprehensive list. It would be one thing if they were worded like, "[X] isn't working", but that's not how our database is structured.

It's also important to note that a raw list of the bugs we've fixed would include a lot of specific terminology that would be hard for non-devs to navigate. Having @ClearConscious go through and consolidate the items is the best way to get you guys a comprehensive list. It would be one thing if they were worded like, "[X] isn't working", but that's not how our database is structured.
So if I posted a numbered list on here, would you be able to reply Y/N to each number?

I believe that the whole of 1.3 is a giant bug that's merged into the content in the current terraria but hey what do I know cause I just buy games. Also the bugs where apparent from the get go on multiplayer so it was probably slapped on as an after thought. Because spiltscreen is the focus point for console individuality over pc, even though the one terra ideology is to be more like pc that dosnt have spiltscreen and instead has a private multiplayer UNLIKE console that anyone who owns a ps4 version on the forums has the potential -in theory- to pop on, say hi and we can't do jack to stop them expect for moving away from spawn(plz no bombs). The patchnotes where mostly single/spiltscreen as if to ignore it and hope we forget about it.

Last edited:
I believe that the whole of 1.3 is a giant bug that's merged into the content in the current terraria but hey what do I know cause I just buy games. Also the bugs where apparent from the get go on multiplayer so it was probably slapped on as an after thought. Because spiltscreen is the focus point for console individuality over pc, even though the one terra ideology is to be more like pc that dosnt have spiltscreen and instead has a private multiplayer UNLIKE console that anyone who owns a ps4 version on the forums has the potential -in theory- to pop on, say hi and we can't do jack to stop them expect for moving away from spawn(plz no bombs). The patchnotes where mostly single/spiltscreen as if to ignore it and hope we forget about it.
Just because they didn't focus on your preferred mode (online multiplayer) doesn't mean they are ignoring it. It only means they haven't gotten to it yet. When fixing something you start with the basics, which happen to be single player in this instance. Apart from performance issues it works pretty well now, the remaining issues are mostly cosmetic. Splitscreen and online multiplayer is a bugfest currently, but they are working on it now. Hopefully the next update will address most if not all those issues.

I hope they at least deal with the multiplayer tally counter reset bug. It's driving me several kinds of batty to not be able to invite my friends into my world and get help on complicated builds because if I do, the tally counter will reset and I'll lose all my progress toward rare banners. The stupid bug already screwed me out of half the pinkies I've killed since 1.3 released.

Just because they didn't focus on your preferred mode (online multiplayer) doesn't mean they are ignoring it. It only means they haven't gotten to it yet. When fixing something you start with the basics, which happen to be single player in this instance. Apart from performance issues it works pretty well now, the remaining issues are mostly cosmetic. Splitscreen and online multiplayer is a bugfest currently, but they are working on it now. Hopefully the next update will address most if not all those issues.

Then perhaps instead of repeatedly saying that they wanted to fix as many bugs and issues as possible before releasing the upade and then doing said thing with as far as we know 600+ issues, seems contradictory to me. That's not even mentioning that content shouldn't really be ignored in your own game "oh let's fix all of this but leave that in a broken mess" seems illogical doesn't it? Also had they only worked on 'the preferred mode of playing' being muliplayer then it would be reverse with all the singleplayer people feeling slightly annoyed having to wait over 6 months for fixes

Last edited:
Then perhaps instead of repeatedly saying that they wanted to fix as many bugs and issues as possible before releasing the upade and then doing said thing with as far as we know 600+ issues, seems contradictory to me. That's not even mentioning that content shouldn't really be ignored in your own game "oh let's fix all of this but leave that in a broken mess" seems illogical doesn't it? Also had they only worked on 'the preferred mode of playing' being muliplayer then it would be reverse with all the singleplayer people feeling slightly annoyed having to wait over 6 months for fixes
I agree the wait have been far too long. I would have expected 2 or perhaps 3 updates during this time.

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but I would really like to see a floating joystick option and a separate jumping button preferably on the right hand side of the UI for mobile. I find the jumping with the current setup to be very clunky.

New to the forums by the way. *Tips hat*

I know this is unrelated but will there ever be a snow or ice boss?
The jungle has got plantera,
The snow has got frost legion,
But then the jungle also has queen bee,
And the jungle also has golem,
(frost moon is more about Christmas like pumpkin moon is Halloween)
So it's 3:1 to the jungle biome,
Plus lifefruit and chlorophyte and stuff there are not many reasons to go in the underground ice biome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom