Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t even figure out how to craft!! Please tell me you guys will be adding in a legacy mode or something!! Maybe it’s because I don’t like change, but I just feel as if this is a downgrade!!

I can’t even figure out how to craft!! Please tell me you guys will be adding in a legacy mode or something!! Maybe it’s because I don’t like change, but I just feel as if this is a downgrade!!
Once you get used to the change it's actually better. Which console are you on?

may have missed this being talked about, but got this crafting bug
where it will either
move off the item being made
item(s) will disappear for a short time and reappear
item(s) will disappear and not reappear

may have missed this being talked about, but got this crafting bug
where it will either
move off the item being made
item(s) will disappear for a short time and reappear
item(s) will disappear and not reappear

I've had those too, plus another where it will skip back to the main inventory for no reason whilst crafting.

I've had those too on the PS4, plus another where it will skip back to the main inventory for no reason whilst crafting.
I also had the glitch where the items being crafted suddenly change randomly. I will be crafting Gray Brick and suddenly the focused item becomes a chair or a table. I am simply holding down the button to create them from the stone in my inventory with the resulting Gray Bricks going back into my inventory. The selection just starts shaking and suddenly I am making chairs...

Last edited:
did a search but didn't see anything on this,
xbox one
paint is only working on certain things
i can paint gold chests just fine, but not safes, it does consume paint and they show up as colored on the map
most blocks seem to work, but only certain colors work on walls,
here is one of the tests i did, only 4 of the basic painter colors work, they do show up colored on the map.
i have tried using Paint Roller, Paint Sprayer and Architect Gizmo Pack with several different walls
did tests on couple different maps and painting with a 2nd player using Sprayer and Pack

50Lc1JQ.png

did a search but didn't see anything on this,
xbox one
paint is only working on certain things
i can paint gold chests just fine, but not safes, it does consume paint and they show up as colored on the map
most blocks seem to work, but only certain colors work on walls,
here is one of the tests i did, only 4 of the basic painter colors work, they do show up colored on the map.
i have tried using Paint Roller, Paint Sprayer and Architect Gizmo Pack with several different walls
did tests on couple different maps and painting with a 2nd player using Sprayer and Pack

50Lc1JQ.png
Paint generally don't work on Stone Slab Walls (only a couple colors work). It's the same in PC 1.3.5.3, so the issue isn't isolated to the console version.
PaintOnSlabWall.png

thanks for the info
how about safes? i am sure more colors used to work, only black, white, brown, shadow, and negative work out of the basic colors

thanks for the info
how about safes? i am sure more colors used to work, only black, white, brown, shadow, and negative work out of the basic colors
Most basic colors don't work on Safes either, however the Deep color variants seems to work.
PaintOnSafes.png

Edit: Deep colors seems to work on console as well.

Last edited:
I really don't notice the frame stutter people are talking about, and I was playing for a good four hours today. Was farming the new Halloween banners. Came out of it with two hoppin' jack banners, one each of the raven and ghost, and a random bloody machete dropped from a zombie my stardust cells zapped.

Also went through a Martian invasion... Even on ground level using battle potions and water candles to banner farm attracts Martian probes, apparently. No real stutter there, either. Martians got wrecked (though cleanup took the rest of the in-game day considering how full my inventory was)

I really don't notice the frame stutter people are talking about, and I was playing for a good four hours today.

There is a lot of factors to include, type of system/screen resolution/online or offline session/disc based or digital the list goes on, it's good that your not experiencing it but a lot of us are hence why we've reported it, I'm hoping it's been fixed for the next patch

There is a lot of factors to include, type of system/screen resolution/online or offline session/disc based or digital the list goes on, it's good that your not experiencing it but a lot of us are hence why we've reported it, I'm hoping it's been fixed for the next patch

Xbox One, Onn 22-inch flatscreen (whatever it defaults to), single-player session, digital version. Probably has something to do with the tv but meh

Xbox One, Onn 22-inch flatscreen (whatever it defaults to), single-player session, digital version. Probably has something to do with the tv but meh

I'm using the Xbox 1 standard console with a 19 inch lcd monitor, but I have the disc based version, I think the stutter/frame rate issue is more persistent/noticeable when using reach extending tools such as the architects gizmo pack, someone else reported that the sniper scope also causes "cursor snap back" issues too

I'm using the Xbox 1 standard console with a 19 inch lcd monitor, but I have the disc based version, I think the stutter/frame rate issue is more persistent/noticeable when using reach extending tools such as the architects gizmo pack, someone else reported that the sniper scope also causes "cursor snap back" issues too

Yeah, that was probably me. My character is ranged and has a sniper scope equipped. Snap back is really annoying

I've encountered a problem in the Underworld... I get down to 3,432 feet and the character and monsters disappear. I still move, but go anywhere including into solid ash or lava. No damage or anything and the monsters can't attack me but then they are off in solid ash too. Once in the ash, however, I can't move anywhere... use the Mirror to go back to the spawn point. Happens both in buildings and when digging down. Annoying because there are items down there I can't get to.
I submitted a bug report on this, but I am not sure if it isn't just a variation of a bug I had seen already reported.

Attachments

• trapped.jpg
    trapped.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Uh, @Loki, @ClearConscious, why are the worm enemies invisible? I was underground today farming for more ghost banners and every so often I would see the name "giant worm" approaching through the nearby terrain. I could see the name and the healthbar, but even when it launched itself into open air after me I could not see the body of the worm at all. Until my minions killed it and worm bits exploded out of nowhere.

Hoping it's just the giant worms this effects, because if it's all worm enemies, then dealing with crawltipedes during the lunar events and dune splicers in the expert hardmode desert will be impossible.

Question: is the glitch preventing certain paintings from spawning in the Dungeon present in the console version, or did you fix that in development?

Last edited:
Question: is the glitch preventing certain paintings from spawning in the Dungeon present in the console version, or did you fix that in development?
I can vouch that all paintings are available in the game, although I am missing "The Merchant".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom