Console and Mobile News: Windows Phone Fix Incoming and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never clicked on a post faster (ಥ﹏ಥ)
But seriously, this is good news! Glad to see an estimated time!
I will anticipate the update by building the current T-MEC logo on console ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Would it be possible to add controllersupport for the mobile Edition because I love to play in consolemode on my Nvidia Shield

Some overnight news for our WP players - we have continued working on a fix for the Lumia 640 LTE...and we think we finally had a breakthrough. We have tested it all morning long and are no longer experiencing the crashes we were before (which were easy to find, since they occurred on startup). As a result, we are removing the Lumia 640 LTE from our list of devices with known critical issues!

The caveat about WP devices with <1GB of RAM still holds, however.

We've been working on this device-specific bug for a LONG time, so we are really happy to be able to share this news with you all! :)
Cool! Is there anymore news on the Amazon version?

finally! good news about the windows phone! XD i hope microsoft deosnt deny the update...

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine.
Seriously, Whatever, why are you still going on like this?
Believe me i want this update like no other because of visible accessories but after all this time and all those delays i just can't believe i'm finally going to get it without problems so i just stick to my scepticism to not be disappointed when this update got another delay.

Can't wait for that epic update! Those visible accessories and being able to customize your character more is just awesome! And.... CAPES!:rslime::joy::rslime:
upload_2016-6-4_5-18-41.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-4_5-14-3.png
    upload_2016-6-4_5-14-3.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 160
But no apology for saying "We'll have the update to you by Q1 of 2016!" And THEN saying "We'll put the update in QA at the end of April!" ... ... ...

I understand that delays happen, I just wish you guys at 505 were a little more humble and a little more transparent. When we have to wait literally MONTHS to get updates from you, it's really just ridiculous. You said things would get better, that we would get more frequent posts about your plans and the progress of updates, in short, more transparency, but literally nothing has changed. I LOVE Terarria, but your consistent breaking of your word just brings me apathy.

Please try to be way more transparent going forward? Please?

But no apology for saying "We'll have the update to you by Q1 of 2016!" And THEN saying "We'll put the update in QA at the end of April!" ... ... ...

I understand that delays happen, I just wish you guys at 505 were a little more humble and a little more transparent. When we have to wait literally MONTHS to get updates from you, it's really just ridiculous. You said things would get better, that we would get more frequent posts about your plans and the progress of updates, in short, more transparency, but literally nothing has changed. I LOVE Terarria, but your consistent breaking of your word just brings me apathy.

Please try to be way more transparent going forward? Please?
Also don't predict release dates because it makes people fed up when it is that certain day (That was for 505 Games)
[doublepost=1465052809,1465052729][/doublepost]
Can't wait for that epic update! Those visible accessories and being able to customize your character more is just awesome! And.... CAPES!:rslime::joy::rslime:
View attachment 115314
I know it was one of my favourite features

Also don't predict release dates because it makes people fed up when it is that certain day (That was for 505 Games)

See I don't mind these predictions, I just want more consistent posts about what's going on behind the scenes. I understand that delays happen, I just want to know why and get some reassurance that they're still working on them.

No other publishing company that I've followed has been this shut out about their updates. It's really weird.

Kindly link me to the sources where 505Games said these exact words, please.

I will assume you are referring to this. If you read it carefully, they don't give any promise or guarantee of a completion date, a submission date, a release date. They list plans, schedules and projections which they believed to be accurate at the time. Just because time passes, issues crop up, and plans/schedules/projections change doesn't mean they broke any promises or told any untruths.

They also give no promises or guarantees in the opening post of this thread; 505Games has always been careful to NOT do that, in my experience with them in this community. They give news when they have it, and when they don't have news they don't waste time blowing smoke. If people want to call that non-communication or lack of transparency, then they can think what they want - nothing I say is going to change that.

See I don't mind these predictions, I just want more consistent posts about what's going on behind the scenes. I understand that delays happen, I just want to know why and get some reassurance that they're still working on them.

No other publishing company that I've followed has been this shut out about their updates. It's really weird.
Do you really think they just stopped working on it? Really?

No software company has any obligation to produce weekly/daily/hourly/on-demand updates or 'behind the scenes' information, and very, very few do.

Kindly link me to the sources where 505Games said these exact words, please.

I will assume you are referring to this. If you read it carefully, they don't give any promise or guarantee of a completion date, a submission date, a release date. They list plans, schedules and projections which they believed to be accurate at the time. Just because time passes, issues crop up, and plans/schedules/projections change doesn't mean they broke any promises or told any untruths.

They also give no promises or guarantees in the opening post of this thread; 505Games has always been careful to NOT do that, in my experience with them in this community. They give news when they have it, and when they don't have news they don't waste time blowing smoke. If people want to call that non-communication or lack of transparency, then they can think what they want - nothing I say is going to change that.

Do you really think they just stopped working on it? Really?

No software company has any obligation to produce weekly/daily/hourly/on-demand updates or 'behind the scenes' information, and very, very few do.

I think what people (including myself) were pretty upset about was the fact that if they didn't think they were going to meet their deadline, they shouldn't have gotten our hopes up to begin with. "Expect the Wii U version in Q1 2016!" to "Expect the Wii U version sometime in May!" to June 16. "Expect the 3DS Update within the next few days" to being put on hiatus.

Sure, they're not promising us anything specific, but they're giving us a time frame. And if they're going to do that, the least that could happen is that if they're not going to meet that, they simply say "It'll be out when it's ready." I'm sorry but, no- they have not handled the console/mobile updates as well as they could. The console versions have been bonked for months. Perhaps instead of waiting so long to fix literally every single bug, they could've fixed some of the major issues that really prohibited enjoyment.

I'm personally not asking them to update every friggin hour, but some additional updates and some clarity on issues and problems wouldn't be too much to ask for. I respect 505 Games. I respect their decisions, and I am a huge Terraria fan. But the way they handled the console updates and the release of the Wii U reeks of Mighty No. 9 Syndrome. And having to wait for months for my only means of playing Terraria to function correctly without game breaking issues, only for things to be delayed or for me to not hear anything for a good few months is rather frustrating.

In the end, 505 could've handled all of this a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom