Mobile Console and mobile really need faster updates

I don’t wanna be pushy but I feel like terraria should be up to date on consoles and mobile. I understand there’s bugs and things to implement differently then pc but I’m pretty terraria has never been up to date on them and is updated years after. I don’t want to complain but I feel it will be another two plus years until journeys end hits console and especially mobile. Great game though, love it. Just really want journeys end on all platforms so I and many others can enjoy it alongside PC. (P.S I recently found out ps4 controllers can connect to iPads which made mobile terraria so much better, pls update 😢)

Well it takes time to transfer over platforms, they have to tweak features to work for the specific system.
I understand that but terraria 1.3 came out 2015 on PC and wasn’t released on consoles/mobile until 2019, four years later. I don’t know how big their team is but four years to port a 2D game like terraria over seems a bit excessive imo, especially when it’s now sold 20 million copies.

I understand that but terraria 1.3 came out 2015 on PC and wasn’t released on consoles/mobile until 2019, four years later. I don’t know how big their team is but four years to port a 2D game like terraria over seems a bit excessive imo, especially when it’s now sold 20 million copies.
Ok so the I think religion got someone to do mobile porting from them, and they have other games to do, but note 1.4 is already in development for mobile, so yeah, it’s just happens that we have everything already revamped in order to work, with 1.3 they had to revamp controls and ui.

Ok so the I think religion got someone to do mobile porting from them, and they have other games to do, but note 1.4 is already in development for mobile, so yeah, it’s just happens that we have everything already revamped in order to work, with 1.3 they had to revamp controls and ui.
To me this isn’t really a good explanation because you say someone is doing it for them, but then say they got other things to do like that’s preventing it from being worked on when they aren’t the ones doing it. Revamping controls and what not shouldn’t prevent them from releasing updates to those devices, mobile is still not even 1.3.5 it’s still 1.3.0.7. And in development doesn’t mean soon, especially for terraria no offence to them. I get it’s not super simple to do, but when that’s your job, what you’ve been trained for, and you’re selling 20 millions copies, I think it shouldn’t take multiple years to not even fully update a game on everything except PC.

Correction:30 million copies not 20. And more than half I believe was sold on other devices, meaning at least half or more of their player base can’t play the new updates and it’s been like that for years.

I don’t wanna be pushy but I feel like terraria should be up to date on consoles and mobile. I understand there’s bugs and things to implement differently then pc but I’m pretty terraria has never been up to date on them and is updated years after. I don’t want to complain but I feel it will be another two plus years until journeys end hits console and especially mobile. Great game though, love it. Just really want journeys end on all platforms so I and many others can enjoy it alongside PC. (P.S I recently found out ps4 controllers can connect to iPads which made mobile terraria so much better, pls update 😢)
I agree

Correction:30 million copies not 20. And more than half I believe was sold on other devices, meaning at least half or more of their player base can’t play the new updates and it’s been like that for years.
Well think about this relogic hands terraria over to dr studios for mobile and pipework studios for console, they have other games to work on too, so it delays terraria updates a bit.

1.4 won't take 4 years to come to consoles and mobile, don't worry.

To launch 1.3 on consoles, they switched from Engine Software to Pipeworks Studio to do the port, that's the first thing. Next, Pipeworks studio had to rewrite the ENTIRE game code from scratch, switch engine (to Unity, from XNA Framework), and make a complete overhaul to the UI. Those things (especially switching engine and rewriting the entire game code) take A LOT of time, and they had to do both of these, thus taking 4 years to port 1.3 on consoles. They don't have to do all of this again with 1.4, no worries.

Mobile is pretty much in the same boat, except that the team working on it switch from Codeglue to Pipeworks Studio, to DR Studio. In their case, the game also got a rewriting from scratch, a MAJOR UI change, and a lot of optimization to allow it to run on most devices (you still need a quite decent phone to run it, Terraria is a demanding game, and 1.4 will not change that for sure :p ). Just like Pipeworks Studio with 1.4 on consoles, they won't redo everything to launch 1.4 on mobile.

So yeah, it took years, but it was for a good reason, and it won't happen again, in my opinion. :)

1.4 won't take 4 years to come to consoles and mobile, don't worry.

To launch 1.3 on consoles, they switched from Engine Software to Pipeworks Studio to do the port, that's the first thing. Next, Pipeworks studio had to rewrite the ENTIRE game code from scratch, switch engine (to Unity, from XNA Framework), and make a complete overhaul to the UI. Those things (especially switching engine and rewriting the entire game code) take A LOT of time, and they had to do both of these, thus taking 4 years to port 1.3 on consoles. They don't have to do all of this again with 1.4, no worries.

Mobile is pretty much in the same boat, except that the team working on it switch from Codeglue to Pipeworks Studio, to DR Studio. In their case, the game also got a rewriting from scratch, a MAJOR UI change, and a lot of optimization to allow it to run on most devices (you still need a quite decent phone to run it, Terraria is a demanding game, and 1.4 will not change that for sure :p ). Just like Pipeworks Studio with 1.4 on consoles, they won't redo everything to launch 1.4 on mobile.

So yeah, it took years, but it was for a good reason, and it won't happen again, in my opinion. :)
And with mobile they said 1.4 is coming out sometime this year.

Let's hope that 1.4 for Mobile won't delay till 2021 or further.
It might lead to something W O R S E . . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom