Official Console and Mobile updates ETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got ps3 update yesterday, 12 june. It's awesome. But now, can't kill some bosses infinitely to his die - respawntimer remade. and spectre hood reduces 40% magic damage + WTF? spectre mask doesn't give set bonus. i wonder one thing, on the wiki date of upgrade - 17 june and,i repeat, i got it yesterday 12 june. don't know how it happened but i'm glad
17th june is for those who play Xbox. Xbox takes longer when in cert testing for some reason.
[doublepost=1465841350,1465841307][/doublepost]
17th june is for those who play Xbox. Xbox takes longer when in cert testing for some reason.
Also if you check the wiki on gamepedia it should say that the update is only out on PS4 and PS3

AHEM! COUGH COUGH AHAHAHAHA. Ok, now that my throat is cleared.
Let's give kudos to 505 for porting the software over to consoles... if still only partially providing the update as XBOX One (i own this) is still not out.
Let's compare and contrast.

PC update 1.2.4: release May 8, 2014
CONSOLE: only partially released. (1yr, 1month, 5 days so far)

PC update 1.2.3: release February 13, 2014
CONSOLE: Jun 4, 2015 (1yr, 4months, and some change)

I'm not gonna go back any further.

I know what my thoughts are on this. Saying I'm not happy removes quite a BIT of the emotions from it.

I've no sympathy, or pity at this point. While I DO appreciate 505 for bringing this content to consoles, I have to believe the time windows I see are quite lack luster.

Other companies are porting their software to consoles anywhere between IMMEDIATE and 30-60 days, and they have freaking MODS!!!!

Yes, they are far larger and have a very large purse to throw at the problem but, wouldn't 4-6 months be a bit more reasonable for this game?

[doublepost=1465841350,1465841307][/doublepost]
Also if you check the wiki on gamepedia it should say that the update is only out on PS4 and PS3
Just read a post by Loki in a different conversation. I had no idea there was a problem with 1.2's release. With that in mind looks like 505 has managed to shave about 3 1/2 months off between 1.23 and 1.24. No xbox isnt ready but i also didnt know microsoft works the updates over or is just backlogged/slow.

So i take a good deal pf that back! ;(

What was it someone said?

"Every update = More bugs!"

What's the point anymore? They'll obviously never get it right.

I know its the worst for console where far back because of a company that doesnt even want the game to exist. Why not remove the game from 505 and switch it with a company that actually cares?
The fact that 505 Games (or Engine, if you will, considering they do the main porting work, AFAIK) managed to get a PC game built with XNA (which is no longer being supported) without any porting possibility in mind working on a XBox of all things shows that they definitely care.

Taking long on a difficult job doesn't indicate lack of care.

The fact that 505 Games (or Engine, if you will, considering they do the main porting work, AFAIK) managed to get a PC game built with XNA (which is no longer being supported) without any porting possibility in mind working on a XBox of all things shows that they definitely care.

youre probably right but i understand that theire working on other projects but they should spend more time on a thing then multiple
[doublepost=1467984542,1467984460][/doublepost]theire working on console.
youre probably right but i understand that theire working on other projects but they should spend more time on a thing then multiple

It's not that simple: they're a publishing company with multiple products, they have the same obligations to Terraria clients that they have to buyers of the other games. They can't just reallocate resources on a whim.

It's not that simple: they're a publishing company with multiple products, they have the same obligations to Terraria clients that they have to buyers of the other games. They can't just reallocate resources on a whim.

Perhaps they have overestimated their own abilities and underestimated the complexities involved in porting the game.

Either way, They have consistently failed to meet their targets and evidently cannot perform the work they have been assigned. If they cannot complete the work, they could be sued and hopefully we'll have a team that actually don't try to take on too many projects at once.

They don't need your protection, they don't need your excuses. It's been way too long and the quality of their work is average at it's best. I would hope Re-Logic are looking at alternative partners in the future.

Well done, well done. Besides, it gets exciting with a longer wait

Microsoft is to blame. They must hate Terraria players. They're responsible for the update not happening. The Wizard of Oz.
[doublepost=1468037283,1468037058][/doublepost]And, just wondering - why does or would Microsoft, primarily and originally a pc company, make porting a game that works fine/great on their OS so difficult to port to their console?

Microsoft is to blame. They must hate Terraria players. They're responsible for the update not happening. The Wizard of Oz.
[doublepost=1468037283,1468037058][/doublepost]And, just wondering - why does or would Microsoft, primarily and originally a pc company, make porting a game that works fine/great on their OS so difficult to port to their console?
They don't, actually. Porting a game from PC to XBox can be relatively easy (MonoDevelop comes to mind), but the game has to be coded with porting in mind. When Red created Terraria, he did not, most likely because he never expected the game to get this big, at least not big enough to be considered for other platforms in the first place.

They don't, actually. Porting a game from PC to XBox can be relatively easy (MonoDevelop comes to mind), but the game has to be coded with porting in mind. When Red created Terraria, he did not, most likely because he never expected the game to get this big, at least not big enough to be considered for other platforms in the first place.
Thank you! I wish I could help by as you can tell, I know nothing of these difficulties :( :/ Is there a way to change the original code so it is easier to port? Given that it has gone to multiple platforms now.

Thank you! I wish I could help by as you can tell, I know nothing of these difficulties :( :/ Is there a way to change the original code so it is easier to port? Given that it has gone to multiple platforms now.

Technically, yes, but considering the amount of work that would take, it wouldn't be worth the investment, especially since the current ports already managed to bypass the original 'unportability'.

Basically, the more content that get added to a game, the harder it gets to make edits to the engine (essentially the skeleton of a game). After five years of updates, the amount of change that would be needed to make Terraria more port-friendly would amount to a complete rewrite.

Perhaps they have overestimated their own abilities and underestimated the complexities involved in porting the game.

Either way, They have consistently failed to meet their targets and evidently cannot perform the work they have been assigned. If they cannot complete the work, they could be sued and hopefully we'll have a team that actually don't try to take on too many projects at once.

They don't need your protection, they don't need your excuses. It's been way too long and the quality of their work is average at it's best. I would hope Re-Logic are looking at alternative partners in the future.
thats the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom