Console Console Exclusive Items And 1.3

Chuggs Gaming

Duke Fishron
Ive mostly seen speculation about this "issue" thus far.

But, it would be nice to have a solid answer. Does anyone know for sure if 1.3 will bring with it items and bosses that are console-exclusive being removed (which would be kinda weird at this point).

Or maybe the items will be incorporated into a small patch and added to the PC version.

It seems to me, the reasonable thing to do would be to add them to the PC version, especially because it seems that the all versions are ultimately intended to be identical (in terms of content).

Removing the features from console, or mobile, for that matter, in my humble opinion, would be silly. Actually, the items do kind of add a small stepping stone of sorts to the game.

There are some mobile exclusives as well that could easily be converted over to console and PC versions.

I honestly do no feel any "jealousy" in the sense of unique features that are inaccessible on console (so long as the intent is to continue updating, which it is). I don't "HAVE TO HAVE" the Zapinator.

In other words, if the mobile or desktop versions had a pet or some piece of vanity gear or whatnot that wasn't available to me, my feelings wouldn't be hurt, as long as the bulk of the game is concurrent.

I'm just pretty amped up for the 1.3 release to console and so far it still seems to be on schedule as far as we know!

Ive mostly seen speculation about this "issue" thus far.

But, it would be nice to have a solid answer. Does anyone know for sure if 1.3 will bring with it items and bosses that are console-exclusive being removed (which would be kinda weird at this point).

Or maybe the items will be incorporated into a small patch and added to the PC version.

It seems to me, the reasonable thing to do would be to add them to the PC version, especially because it seems that the all versions are ultimately intended to be identical (in terms of content).

Removing the features from console, or mobile, for that matter, in my humble opinion, would be silly. Actually, the items do kind of add a small stepping stone of sorts to the game.

There are some mobile exclusives as well that could easily be converted over to console and PC versions.

I honestly do no feel any "jealousy" in the sense of unique features that are inaccessible on console (so long as the intent is to continue updating, which it is). I don't "HAVE TO HAVE" the Zapinator.

In other words, if the mobile or desktop versions had a pet or some piece of vanity gear or whatnot that wasn't available to me, my feelings wouldn't be hurt, as long as the bulk of the game is concurrent.

I'm just pretty amped up for the 1.3 release to console and so far it still seems to be on schedule as far as we know!
There has been no official word on this. We'll just have to wait and see how things develop. I'm sure as we get closer there will be more info coming our way, it's hard to be patient for something so exciting, but it's all we can do. `:)

There has been no official word on this. We'll just have to wait and see how things develop. I'm sure as we get closer there will be more info coming our way, it's hard to be patient for something so exciting, but it's all we can do. `:)
I know right. I keep expecting a surprise update. Like I'm waiting for them to just drop a bomb on us out of nowhere without warning.

With that being said, do you think we will see any cross-platform multiplayer support with the update?

do you think we will see any cross-platform multiplayer support with the update?
No, for several reasons:
  1. Each platform has to be on the same version (same content and gameplay mechanics). Otherwise there will be compatibility problems.
  2. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo won't allow it. They try very hard to lock in their customers so that they won't defect to another platform with their data. As far as I know only Microsoft has made some allowance to let PC and Xbox play together, but only for certain games (such as Gears of War 4).

No, for several reasons:
  1. Each platform has to be on the same version (same content and gameplay mechanics). Otherwise there will be compatibility problems.
  2. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo won't allow it. They try very hard to lock in their customers so that they won't defect to another platform with their data. As far as I know only Microsoft has made some allowance to let PC and Xbox play together, but only for certain games (such as Gears of War 4).
Right. So, I read on one of the threads that Pipeworks was working with Microsoft but not too sure what that means. I was hoping to see something like with FFXI and ps2. Like you implied Microsoft and Xbox make it simpler in that sense.

It's wishful thinking :)

Right. So, I read on one of the threads that Pipeworks was working with Microsoft but not too sure what that means. I was hoping to see something like with FFXI and ps2. Like you implied Microsoft and Xbox make it simpler in that sense.

It's wishful thinking :)
Yeah, it would be really sweet if cross-play and cross-save was possible for all platforms. Not gonna happen unfortunately. :/

I realize that this post was over a month ago, but I just wanted to say that Minecraft announced at E3 that they were doing an all cross-platform update including Xbox One, Nintendo switch, ps4, and PC. Of course, they are all caught up as far as versions of the game are concerned, but it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom