Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that is won't be out in America for another few days, for anyone who is wondering (I won't be buying it right away on launch anyway...)

What the console version really needs is more bosses like the Lunatic Cultist, all the Pillar bosses, etc. Also, maybe even a couple of Yo-yo's. Wouldn't you fellow Terrarians agree?
I thought yo-yos came out with this update. I was bummed to find out they didn't. They look so awesome!

Oh my god... why is this $45 CAD?! I was super hyped to add another copy of Terraria to my growing collection, but I find it very hard to justify that price tag. I mean come on, the Xbox 360 edition is like $15, is a couple extra features really worth an extra $30? Sorry, but I won't be picking this up after forking over $70 CAD to get Terraria for 3DS for my brother and I.

As noted a few pages back - console pricing is set by the manufacturers and is priced based upon comparables (in this case, a minecraft example works - where the two are priced exactly at parity).

Quoting myself:

Unlike PC, console/mobile prices are not set solely by the developer/publisher - nor are the cross-platform comparisons that people like to do (i.e "It's only $10 on PC") taken into consideration at all. Rather, the console manufacturers typically look at "comparables" and then price accordingly. For Wii U, let's make a safe assumption that they used Minecraft as one of those: $29.99 as well.

All that said, taking a broader view....
In fact, if you look at the pricing of Terraria against what would be considered its main "comparable" - Minecraft - across the board, Terraria is more or less the same or REALLY close....with one exception: PC - where Minecraft is substantially more expensive.

This, of course, creates the usual pricing comments we see here about how "overpriced" the game is on everything but PC. Is that truly the case, or is PC underpriced in the context of the information above? Just because we at Re-Logic choose to not increase the price of the PC game as it has grown (the MC model), that doesn't invalidate how the rest of the industry operates - nor does it devalue any platform that the game is on. Put another way, if we raised the PC price to match MC, does that suddenly make all of the other prices fine?

Sorry for rambling. :p

As noted a few pages back - console pricing is set by the manufacturers and is priced based upon comparables (in this case, a minecraft example works - where the two are priced exactly at parity).
Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that you were forced to set the price at $45. Even Minecraft is only $30 CAD. I don't think that I can think of a single game that is more than $45 on the Wii U(Excluding Nintendo/AAA games of course).
Here are a few examples of games that have had similar marketing that are under $30.
Affordable Space Adventures-$25
All Wii Games->$30
Fast Racing NEO-$20
Don't Starve-$15
All VC games->$20
Can you please explain why Terraria is the magical exception to these prices?

Oh and not to mention the official Nintendo games that are $30.
Super Mario 3D World
DKC:Tropical Freeze
and Pikmin 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that you were forced to set the price at $45. Even Minecraft is only $30 CAD.

The process is indeed exactly what I stated that it is - and that TK reiterated.

Now, that said - that's the first I've heard of a $45 price point. I had assumed the gap with the usual $29.99 (matched directly with MC) was something related to exchange rates - but research shows this not to be the case. I am following this up with 505 this evening.

Thanks for the heads up.

The process is indeed exactly what I stated that it is - and that TK reiterated.

Now, that said - that's the first I've heard of a $45 price point. I had assumed the gap with the usual $29.99 (matched directly with MC) was something related to exchange rates - but research shows this not to be the case. I am following this up with 505 this evening.

Thanks for the heads up.
Ok, sorry for being so salty.

The mobile versions are :red: cuz of re-failgic

:golem::redmunch::redspin: but the game is still pretty cool!!!!

Please make 1.3 for android. Not all features. Just the lunatic cultist, the lunar events and its enemies, all the items and the moon lord. Thats it

Pls`:sigh:

This type of behavior is not tolerated on this forum.
Can you explain how this is 505s fault? Engine software does console versions, they should be the ones to blame for taking so long. Same for Codeglue on the mobile platforms.
First: Dont reply that here. Second: get a life Third get the :red: out you hater. :dryadmad::mad::merchantmad::nursemad:

~:mad:`:mad::redmunch:
[doublepost=1466230862,1466230730][/doublepost]
Ya I know I was talking about me and my bro beating moonlord on pc... Also we finally beat him... My life is finally complete... YES! ':eek:~:eek::nurseeek::merchanteek::dryadeek::eek::redmunch:

:eek::dryadpassionate::merchanteek::nurseeek:~:eek:':eek::redmunch::brain::golem::joy::bluslime::gslime::pinky::pinky::pslime::pslime::yslime::yslime::yslime::bslime::bslime::cslime::cslime::islime::islime::lslime::lslime::sslime::sslime::hoppinjack::rslime::rslime::kingslime::kingslime::zombie::nymph::pumpking:

@Zax The Terrarian - 505 is the publisher. Engine Software is porting to consoles(aside from 3DS and Wii U of course) and Codeglue does 3DS, Wii U and mobile.

Second of all chill out on the language dude. Have some respect for the other peeps here. We're all friends here. Relax, have a cup of coffee or whatever your favorite drink is and hang out. I don't understand why we can't have civil conversation without a forum riot happening.

I bought this game since the start, also on xbox 360 xbox one I don't understand 45$ price tag either. 20$CAD on the xbox live store. I was about to buy it for my WII U, but not sure now. ;/ /sad

Thanks for the heads up.

Anything about what goin on with wii u pricing for canadians??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom