Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3ds and I am SOOOOOOOO bad at it I couldnt kill a thing (I had a hard time with controls) but my brother is good at least... I am so excited for tomorrow because me and my brother are going to beat the moonlord and i will finally get the epic armor (after a few fights)!!!! :D

Can you explain how this is 505s fault? Engine software does console versions, they should be the ones to blame for taking so long. Same for Codeglue on the mobile platforms.

So......... You've just entered bug fixing stage (Quality Assurance) on Console for an update that's taken a year to create, was projected and shut down multiple times, and has now upset so many people that they've stopped playing the game altogether. Considering your standard bug fixing, that typically takes months and doesn't actually solve buggy releases, timeframe, would we say August release maybe?
Just to put this out there, again: Congratulations 505, you continue to make console Terraria an ongoing cluster&@$# that is an update nightmare and the joke of the videogame update world.
Pat yourselves on the back for the almost unfathomable success of singlehandedly destroying a beloved franchise on consoles for many people. "That'll do pig, that'll do."

I remember a time where I encouraged the developers, and the admins, to keep up the hard work.

That was a long time ago...

I want to be excited for the Xbox update. But truth be told, I haven't played in many months because it's too damned disheartening to rarely receive an update. When you do get them, it's never in it's entirety and remains bugged until the next big update.

What happened to that sincere message apologizing for screwing the console's pooch nearly a year ago?

There were promises of frequent updates and catching us up to the PC version yet we haven't budged an inch since then. All the while, terraria is being released on more and more platforms with the very patch we've been waiting for, in its completion, for a year.

I think I gave up on you guys when the mobile version caught up to counsole at a breakneck pace. I think they may have even surpassed consoles now.

I'll keep on watching for updates and hopes that one day I'll get to play the game that everybody else seems to be playing. In the meantime, I'll go back to playing some AAA games. It's a shame, that. I love indie games.

Umm,or just buy the PC version if you want to play it so much...

Nice... I'll be watch very closely those spider caves when this comes out. Been awaiting for such a time to... Get a new hair style for a while; few of which are only via the stylist. So great news for me. Will have to visit the party girl for some celebration items. :dryadgrin:

hope it will be released any time soon with up to date 1.3.1 to Wii U :) so I could play it with my Wii U and PC in a one game :)

Save backups are really really nice! :D

When I get a new phone at the end of the month (currently on iPhone 4, so no new updates :( ) I will be able to play again with a lot less of a fear when glitches happen and the game decides to wipe my save.

You've just entered bug fixing stage (Quality Assurance) on Console for an update that's taken a year to create

My understanding is that this round of bug fixing goes well beyond "bugs that were created with 1.2.4" and additionally delves into some longer-standing issues that the brand new (and way better) QA team unearthed as they came on board late last year. So, no, it isn't that simple. The jump between 1.2.X and 1.3 in technical requirements (at least on PC) was pretty substantial - so this is the precise time to get all of that shored up as well as they can. I get that everyone is unhappy about the pace - but hyperbole akin to the below is just a bit too much.... :p

Pat yourselves on the back for the almost unfathomable success of singlehandedly destroying a beloved franchise on consoles for many people

So.....because 1.3 isn't out already, Terraria is destroyed as a franchise on console?

Hypothetical: Had 1.3 never existed, would your position still be the same? Would it suddenly become a horrible game that noone plays? That's more of a rhetorical question to make a point.

If, instead you meant the flawed QA of the past, see above....they actually made some pretty sweeping changes to address that behind the scenes (read: entirely swapping out the team and way its done).

That said, I am quite sure that 505 will announce whatever the plans are for 1.3 in due time. As others have noted in various places, its a pretty substantial task.

Not coming down on you, and I totally get the frustration, just saying. :)

Wow wow wow, backup feature for iOS and Google Play! You guys have been listening and the backup feature will be a fantastic new addition.

I have very high hopes for this one as well - especially if people actively utilize it - in that it can maybe prevent a lot of the "lost my world/character" issues....or at least allow you to quickly get back your progress.

I think I gave up on you guys when the mobile version caught up to counsole at a breakneck pace. I think they may have even surpassed consoles now.

Looks like all non-PC will be at 1.2.4 parity soon enough. Not to delve into the details, but suffice to say that most mobile platforms are FAR faster to update than consoles, due to the vagaries of the processes present on each.

That, again, will then be the time to turn to "so....about those 1.3 plans" era of things. I suspect we are all eager to hear that once this rolls out.

wooo another reason to be hyped about getting a wii u some time in the future

hopefully the price doesn't get jacked up super high like the 3DS version apparently did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom