Console & Mobile News: Wii U Release and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 1.2.4 additions will be released later than vauban prime access i will not play this update for a few months.

hopefully the price doesn't get jacked up super high like the 3DS version apparently did
And the Xbox one disc version as well, when I saw the price in store I laughed, there is zero chance I'm going to pay 30 bucks for a broken unfinished game

Last edited:
Nice... I'll be watch very closely those spider caves when this comes out. Been awaiting for such a time to... Get a new hair style for a while; few of which are only via the stylist. So great news for me. Will have to visit the party girl for some celebration items. :dryadgrin:

Yes We Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with all those guys requesting Online mode for 3DS. Just make it happen! (and larger worlds)

Online mode / world sizes are more important than anything else, they should be priority. Having larger worlds would eliminate a lot of the world gen errors and bugs, but you already know that!

If it has to be New 3DS only, so be it!

:)

That's nice. I might actually buy the Wii U version even though I already have the PC version; it should be great for building, with the Game Pad touch screen.

Hello Terrarians!

Lots of great news and exciting stuff we would like to share today! Most importantly, the Wii U digital release will tentatively launch at the end of this month/beginning of June, with the retail copies following soon after, on June 28th. At launch, Wii U will include all of 1.2.4 content and support 1-8 player multiplayer online, and 1-4 player splitscreen. There is a lot of potential here and we are looking forward to new Terrarians and seeing what you can really do with the gamepad!

3DS

The 3DS update has been submitted and looks good to launch sometime within the next few weeks, barring any unforeseen issues raised by Nintendo! In case you missed it, take a glance at all that our 3DS players have coming their way shortly!

Next, some details on the state of each mobile version. We appreciate the continued feedback and patience while we address the different issues and work to bring new content/features to mobile users.

iOS & Google Play
The next update will bring Extra Save Slots as well as a World & Characters "Save" Backup Function to Mobile Terraria! Beyond doubling your existing number of save slots for worlds and characters, this long-desired feature will allow you to copy worlds and characters (like you can on PC, for example) - allowing you to create regular backups of your most important saves. We hope this will help lessen the sting in the event that you run into some nasty issue that messes up your worlds or characters! In addition, this new functionality will allow players to do things like moving save files from device A to device B using the cloud.

Save Slots
  • Characters: Players will now have access to 6 Local and 6 Cloud save slots
  • Worlds: Players will now have access to 6 Local and 3 Cloud save slots
These save slots are available for use with the new Backup Function and/or to create new Characters and Worlds - it will be entirely up to you in regards to how you choose to use them!

Backup Function
For further clarity, this will allow players to make a copy of any existing local or cloud file to any other open cloud or local save slot that they have. For example:
  • Local - Local
  • Local - Cloud
  • Cloud - Local
These will all now be possible for the file safety of our players and for their convenience when moving between devices.

This update is currently in QA testing, and if all goes well, it will launch late in May.

Windows Phone & Amazon
Windows Phone: We are still working with Microsoft on getting the crash fix patch through certification (this will address crashes on all Windows Phones except for the Lumia 640 as we noted in our earlier post). The issue preventing us from re-entering (and ultimately clearing) certification is not related to the fixes failing to work - rather it is an issue related to Achievements for which we are relying on Microsoft to debug for us in a Live environment, which is something we cannot do directly. With Microsoft's help, we hope to resolve some of these soon and will try to keep you informed as that moves along.

Amazon: If all goes according to plan, expect an update late this month that will bring Amazon up to current version (most advanced/current version is iOS/Google Play). This will also address the cloud save/crash issue we've been working on. It will be followed by another update (later in the summer) bringing Extra Save Slots and Backup Function. Testing is going well, so we are optimistic here.

Console - Xbox & Playstation
Finally, the upcoming console update has wrapped up development and moved on to the QA stage. Will update everyone as we move along to the next steps here and if all goes well we will submit to Sony and Microsoft, with a launch following a couple weeks after that. This update brings the missing 1.2.4 content as well as bug fixes and some optimizations, so we are looking forward to getting this out to everyone! We will have full details and a changelog here as we get closer to release

So, there you have the latest on the Console and Mobile side of Terraria development - we have a lot of exciting stuff above coming your way very soon as well as some additional plans that we will share once we can get through this round of work. Stay tuned and thanks as always for your strong support!
YAY WII U + MORE WORLD FOR MOBILE I LOVE YOU 505GAMES! :islime:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom